T.O gets Karen’d!!

Solomon Grundy

13 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Doesn't matter. It's a big dog with aggressive tendencies. For instance, insurance companies charge way more or prohibit you from owning certain types of dogs under their policies. They don't come to your house to see if she's a "good girl." You are taking something personal that wasn't meant to be. If you have a big dog, especially a pit, expect people to be nervous around you

She's 40 lbs.  I don't consider that a big dog.  

The most aggressive dogs are poodles, German Shepherds and schnauzers.  Do you think she's walking up to people with those dogs and asking them to keep the leash tight? 

She didn't walk up to me politely about it...she had a little demanding attitude from the start.  She acted like I was an ahole for even bringing this dog in.  I'm a nice guy and not usually confrontational but she wasn't talking to me decently.  

If someone walked up to you and talked to you like an ahole....would you not take it personally?

McKenzie.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The most aggressive dogs are poodles, German Shepherds and schnauzers.  Do you think she's walking up to people with those dogs and asking them to keep the leash tight? 

She didn't walk up to me politely about it...she had a little demanding attitude from the start.  She acted like I was an ahole for even bringing this dog in.  I'm a nice guy and not usually confrontational but she wasn't talking to me decently.  

If someone walked up to you and talked to you like an ahole....would you not take it personally?

McKenzie.jpg

pitties are the kind of dog that illicits a strong reaction either way. People either run TO them or run Away from them when you see one in public. Yes any dog should be leashed and never approach any dog without asking owner if it is friendly/ accepting of attention.  But I am a volunteer with a pittie rescue here in socal. And I have  met some of the SWEETEST most Love giving and craving of it wigglebutts beautiful dogs. The stigma and the non neutering causes they to be the most likely to be euthanized in the shelters. I will say that my own pittie has aught me more about responsible dog ownership than any of my previous boxers and aussie shepherds combined. To protect Them as well as the public. The stigma is real. They get a lot of bad  presss but also some good mixed in. Ima fan HUGE fan of the breed.  beauty brindle bebe dawgie :-)))

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

It's entirely possible that T.O. was driving somewhat recklessly.  You see people (of all stripes) doing it every day.  But as soon as you invoke race like that woman did, you rightfully lose all benefit of the doubt. 

She accused him of running a stop sign that didn’t exist. Zero credibility!

50 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McKenzie.jpg

Great looking dog there!

We all love our pets. The fact of the matter remains that certain breeds are higher risk categories. 40 lbs might not be big to you but I have an 17 lb dog that would probably look like a chew toy by comparison. Good responsible ownership is definitely a good start. Whether she was rude or you took it personal or a mix of both, I think you will encounter people with concerns and hopefully they communicate them politely and you accept them openly and hopefully don't take it too personal. There are a lot of bad owners out there that give good owners like yourself a bad name!

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, muppy said:

there are male "Karens" in the world but unfortunately there isn't a male equivalent adjective to describe them. I'm not sure how the adjective came to be "karen" but  I know what the reference means it isnt a good look.

I believe that Chad's is the given term for a Male Karen 

• Like (+1) 1