T.O gets Karen’d!!

Solomon Grundy

I've had annoying neighbors everywhere I've lived. From the Karen's (nosey neighbors, know-it-alls) to the TO's (speeding, not maintaining the yard, etc). It should never lead to an altercation like this. Everyone just needs to mind their own business and be neighborly. If it gets so bad that you are swearing at each other and calling the cops then maybe it's time to move?

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I've had annoying neighbors everywhere I've lived. From the Karen's (nosey neighbors, know-it-alls) to the TO's (speeding, not maintaining the yard, etc). It should never lead to an altercation like this. Everyone just needs to mind their own business and be neighborly. If it gets so bad that you are swearing at each other and calling the cops then maybe it's time to move?

Yeah I don’t get why neighbors have to be so bad to each other I wouldn’t piss on Donald Trump if he was on fire but I’ve had a Trumper as a neighbor and we got along just fine we just got it out-of-the-way early that we weren’t going to talk politics to each other

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I had a Karen at Home Depot once.  I own a pit mix who is the sweetest dog I’ve ever had.

I walk in with her and a HD associate walks up to me and asks me to keep a strong grip on the leash…she doesn’t want my dog to attack anyone in the store.

I told her this is a very sweet dog and will not attack anyone.

She responds that she’s sees on the news that these dogs attack people all the time.

She doesn’t want an incident in the store.

I looked at her and just dropped the leash to the ground and she stormed away upset.  I think she went to get to Manager but I’m sure that guy didn’t give a **** because no one came up to me after.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I had a Karen at Home Depot once.  I own a pit mix who is the sweetest dog I’ve ever had.

I walk in with her and a HD associate walks up to me and asks me to keep a strong grip on the leash…she doesn’t want my dog to attack anyone in the store.

She responds that she’s sees on the news that these dogs attack people all the time.

I looked at her and just dropped the leash to the ground and she stormed away upset.  I think she went to get to Manager but I’m sure that guy didn’t give a **** because no one came up to me after.

Atta boy 

Can’t say I’m the biggest TO fan but man, this could have gotten way worse. And the way she mentions him being a black man could have led to a bad situation with the police. If TO’s story checks out, she should get charged.

I’ve been lucky I guess because I never dealt with someone this awful before. ELE. Everybody love everybody 

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

First pitties are the biggest babies you bring them up right.....the are great dogs

I would have had my pit lick her to death

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And then everyone clapped

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

First pitties are the biggest babies you bring them up right.....the are great dogs

Then kudos to you for being a good owner, but people have every right and reason to be cautious around pit bulls.

• Like (+1) 7

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Home Depot allows non-service dogs in stores? 

If a company is being gracious enough to allow you to bring a pet into the store, I think it's well within their rights to ask you to keep a strong grip on a leash. 

• Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's easier said than done.  Up and moving just isn't a realistic option for many people.  Unfortunately, if you get a monstrous neighbor, minding your own business often isn't enough.

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Until they're not.  It has literally nothing to do with upbringing.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Home Depot allows non-service dogs in stores? 

If a company is being gracious enough to allow you to bring a pet into the store, I think it's well within their rights to ask you to keep a strong grip on a leash. 

Down here they do.  I bring her all the time.

I can understand of my dog showed signs of aggression but she wasn’t at all.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

These neighborhood “speed watchdogs” are a PITA.  Near my house is a small residential neighborhood I pass through to go to the golf course.  I drive no faster than 25 mph, but near one end somebody puts out two of those yellow plastic children on the street with “slow kids at play” printed on them.

First of all, I don’t know why you would “out” your disabled kids like that. ;)

But there have been several occasions when I’ve driven through and a woman has rushed out with her hands waving at me to slow down.  No kids in sight, I’m at or below the speed limit, and truthfully, I want to just veer into one of those plastic signs and destroy it.

There was a guy in my neighborhood years ago who was always gesturing and giving dirty looks and yelling slow down seemingly whenever you drove past his house.  So many times I had to stifle the urge to go out and confront him - I was always driving 25-30!  He actually had the town come and put a speed limit sign in front of his house.  After his kids got older he stopped doing it.

There was this one time in my neighborhood though I may have been going a bit over the speed limit - was late for a high level appt.  In this instance I had just turned the corner and was accelerating quickly, I actually don't think I was going much over 30 at the moment, but my engine was revved very high as I accelerated.  I see a guy on the sidewalk walking his dog and like a dream sequence I see this object growing bigger slow motion in my field of view then splat.  The guy threw a bag of dog sh!t at my windshield!  Luckily it didn't break - instinctively I jumped out of the car, grabbed the bag and was ready to smear it all over his face, but as he was going on and on I realized I had to get going, and it wasn't even worth my time.  I didn't even call the guy any bad names, maybe dropped a few JFCs are u f'ing nuts.  Funny thing is I never remember what the guy looked like, just knew he had a black dog, so every time I see a guy walking a black dog in or around my neighborhood I think is that the guy who threw dog sh!t at me

Whenever i think about that incident too,  I think about how very different that morning likely would have went if that bag broke on my windshield 

Edited by stevewin

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Down here they do.  I bring her all the time.

I can understand of my dog showed signs of aggression but she wasn’t at all.

Doesn't matter. It's a big dog with aggressive tendencies. For instance, insurance companies charge way more or prohibit you from owning certain types of dogs under their policies. They don't come to your house to see if she's a "good girl." You are taking something personal that wasn't meant to be. If you have a big dog, especially a pit, expect people to be nervous around you

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I ❤❤❤ German Shepherd's!! Grew up with them. Great family dogs and will protect you like no other

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, muppy said:

there are male "Karens" in the world but unfortunately there isn't a male equivalent adjective to describe them. I'm not sure how the adjective came to be "karen" but  I know what the reference means it isnt a good look.

Maybe from carin' too much about nuffin !

Karens to me are folks who think THEIR way is the way things should be. and How DARE you question my authority to tell YOU what to do, how to do it and WHEN.

You don't read as often about the male versions of such creatures but they do exist. Kevins is good but its not as effective at describing a person as Karen...Karen has become in the USA lexicon an adjective, a verb, AND a Noun.

TO needs to slow down or lady needs to Calm down. Period. lol

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1