T.O gets Karen’d!!

Solomon Grundy

Excerpt:

"Terrell Owens got into such a heated argument with a woman in his neighborhood on Wednesday night, cops had to get involved ... and when they arrived, the woman quarreling with the football legend screamed at T.O., "You're a Black man approaching a white woman!" 

Parts of the incident were captured by Owens on his social media live stream -- after he and one of his neighbors apparently got into a dispute over the way he had been driving around his neighborhood.

Owens began filming the incident moments after cops had arrived on the scene.

In the footage, the woman accused T.O. of driving recklessly, nearly hitting her with his car, and then getting out of his ride to intimidate her. Owens adamantly denied the allegations, saying he was driving safely, and only got out of his vehicle because she was screaming profanities at him."

I honestly feel bad for TO, the woman who went at him was clearly making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

"You're a Black man approaching a white woman!" 

Yet she felt safe enough to engage with him and put him down for no reason.

We need to do a better job at treating each other in this country.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

As opposed to people who misuse apostrophes and use misogynistic insults for no reason? 

Misogynistic? I think his comment was ridiculous, but misogynistic? My goodness. This world, I tell ya. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Ok. Well, was he actually driving recklessly?

I’m sure to her reckless driving is same as DWB. You cant believe any claims made by a racist. They’ll look for anything we do wrong and exaggerate anything slightly close to being an offense. Probably totally overlooking her own kids issues as they plot the next mass shooting.

TO has zero documented history (tiko) of being some reckless driver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

These neighborhood “speed watchdogs” are a PITA.  Near my house is a small residential neighborhood I pass through to go to the golf course.  I drive no faster than 25 mph, but near one end somebody puts out two of those yellow plastic children on the street with “slow kids at play” printed on them.

First of all, I don’t know why you would “out” your disabled kids like that. ;)

But there have been several occasions when I’ve driven through and a woman has rushed out with her hands waving at me to slow down.  No kids in sight, I’m at or below the speed limit, and truthfully, I want to just veer into one of those plastic signs and destroy it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Really, you don't think the use of "Karen" is in itself misogynistic? Or describing them as female genitalia (you do know what a "c*nt" is, right?)

Smh….how is Karen misogynistic at all?? Cause it specifically references a female who acts in a certain manner? In no way does the word absolve men who act similar, it’s just female and race specific. So are all terms that are female gender specific misogynistic or only ones that call out ignorant behavior? I’ve seen white men call a white woman a Karen. Only Karens or those who empathize with them get offended by the term.

Karen is that you?

Lol…couldn't resist 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Nope, I think it’s a slander, but misogynistic is way too thrown around. I think he would have said slanderous things if it was a dude too. 

Slander? Do you know what slander means? Calling it slander turns the Karen into a victim….which is what they want to be viewed as in the first place. Don’t give them that “honor”

i'd make a large wager that both involved parties were in the wrong.

this woman aside, could you imagine having TO as your neighbor?  i think it would be awful, and i think he does do goofy stuff (and potentially dangerous) for attention.

this thread just made me think of what it would be like living near or around (or god forbid with) a social media influencer gone mad.  getting popped into a viral video or post could be ruining.  the only saving grace seems to be that half of people under 25 put everything they can on social media so at least the zone might get flooded enough to wash out your exposure.  if the social media influencer is an IRL celebrity like TO tho, it might be special enough to last!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

there are male "Karens" in the world but unfortunately there isn't a male equivalent adjective to describe them. I'm not sure how the adjective came to be "karen" but  I know what the reference means it isnt a good look.