Mayer Bros cider

BuffaloBud

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

Maybe it was nitrates... like cheap wine possibly. It was only a couple of times but I remember the headache. It was mostly weed, hash, acid, and tea back then. The group we all hung with were pretty much the same... not really a drinking crowd.

Tea!!  What the hell was that *****?  

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Tea!!  What the hell was that *****?  

I was talking to a buddy whom I graduated with and hung with for all of high school about it... maybe a year ago. Asked him the same thing and he didn't know either. I don't know to this day other than guesses. To keep with the theme... I'm pretty sure there was no mayer bros cider in it.

Including @Chef Jim if you like hard ciders and come across bull city cider you should try it. Friend owns it and it's got 5 bars across the state, sells VA, NC, SC, TN, and maybe more. 

no sugar or artificial crap and it's just good. Better than Mike's, or angry orchard etc 

Edited by Boyst62

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Including @Chef Jim if you like hard ciders and come across bull city cider you should try it. Friend owns it and it's got 5 bars across the state, sells VA, NC, SC, TN, and maybe more. 

no sugar or artificial crap and it's just good. Better than Mike's, or angry orchard etc 

Are you trying to derail my sobriety?  😂

On 9/11/2022 at 8:27 PM, T&C said:

Maybe it was nitrates... like cheap wine possibly. It was only a couple of times but I remember the headache. It was mostly weed, hash, acid, and tea back then. The group we all hung with were pretty much the same... not really a drinking crowd.

Or perhaps the sugar. Well known for causing hangovers. Not added sugar, just the natural sugar. Drink enough hard cider to get really drunk, and you've consumed a lot of sugar.  Then again, as you weren't real drinkers, it might just be the booze.  😂

I bartended at a place that fresh squeezed oranges/grapefruits/lemons/limes/etc.  One thing that I noticed is that drinking too many fresh squeezed juice cocktails (which I love and are the best) gets a lot of people sick. Stomach issues, headaches, etc.  I took to warning people after they had a few, to be careful of the side effects.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:04 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Bet they source their apples all over.

Very possibly.  But, Mayer Brothers Apple Juice claims to be from 100% New York State apples. No clue about the cider:

https://mayerbrothers.com/what-we-offer/branded-products/fresh-pressed-apple-juice/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.