Saints Trevor Penning - The next Richie Incognito?

DrDawkinstein

Saints rookie Trevor Penning was kicked out of practice for starting fights THREE straight days.

This behavior of "going hard" on every drill snap was evident at Senior Bowl practices too.

IMO, this is much different than the small scuffles we've seen at Bills camp where 1. Josh was setting a tone and 2. Neal/Austin are fighting for roster spots on a stacked, developed team.

The Saints are just trying to get their feet under them, and a rookie starting fights everyday is going to derail and distract. Not that time for this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Probably not a big deal at all. 

What they both have in common is a chemical disorder in their respective brains…

Might be a good player, but these type of guys get you in trouble with personal fouls when it hurts the most.

We finally have a great locker room culture. You'll never see McDermott draft a guy who's going to start fights with his own team daily.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Mel Kiper brought up that Penning is looking at a rookie year full of penalties due to his intense play.

Yup, was going to post that he's looking at a lot of penalties trying to play like the tough guy and hitting guys late/unnecessarily, which is what his teammates were taking exception to.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, babulator said:

IDK, it looked like he was dominating those guys. I like it. I also liked Ritchie, It was sad to see him struggle off the field.

Its all for naught when you turn a 3rd and 2 into a 3rd and 12 often

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, babulator said:

I dont remember Ritchie as a penalty magnet. As for Trevor, it looked like they were swinging at him. Thats a 1st down imho.

Richie was early in his career. Including his first spell here. He got smarter in terms of penalties as he got older.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, babulator said:

I dont remember Ritchie as a penalty magnet.

Then youd be remembering wrong. He killed more than a few drives in his day. I remember specifically talking about how it's ok for Defensive players to take a penalty, but Richie was killing drives.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.