Jump to content

Training Camp practice 8/4


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not unexpected to see Cook getting run with the wideouts, that was the scoop on him, his routes and hands catching away from his frame are very translatable.

 

Just occurred to be watching Shakir that he kind of reminds me of Josh Reed, hopefully without the hand yips.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Exactly. He’s worlds more talented than Singletary. If he picks up the offense, singletary’s snaps will dwindle. 

 

I mean thats a pretty exaggerated take.  I dont get all the over the top negative stuff in regards to Singletary around here.  I mean he has an excellent YPC, and excelled when we finally ran the ball last year.  His stats when he got at least 12 carries or more (mostly over the back part of the season and playoffs) would project out over a 17 game regular season to be 1400 yards and 17 TD's.  

 

Im not saying he is elite or cant be upgraded from, but to say Cook (whose never played a single NFL snap) is worlds more talented at this stage is pretty extreme.  Im as excited about Cook as anyone, and I think there are things they each do that compliment each other.  

 

Not to mention, there's been nothing but high praise for Singletary all camp long and him looking even better than last year.  I dont know if he gets resigned or not, but he will certainly be highly involved in our run game this year still.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This the most coverage I can remember getting for training camp on NFL Network like ever. In years past it would be like "meanwhile in Buffalo they have Josh Allen. Now let's go to Oxnard and spend 3 hours talking about the Cowboys"

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:


If I ate a McDonalds double burger this early, would it be considered a problem?

i'm honestly getting concerned about you.  you're getting to the age where that ***** doesn't fly.  are you getting any blood work done?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:


with the new IR rules, I think he can come back soon (like 4 games, If I am not mistaken). So it is a good stash— probably lower risk than seeing if we will clear to the PS. You know the giants will be poaching our guys. 


IMO opinion he would have needed a great preseason to be considered poach worthy by any NFL team. To take what you’ve seen out of him so far and add him to your final 53 would be crazy. I give it a 0% chance.

 

And aren’t we limited on how many returnable IRs we can do a year? If he is healthy before the season we should cut em, put him on PS WHEN (not if) he clears waivers, then he can practice right away and we don’t waste a designation.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

I mean thats a pretty exaggerated take.  I dont get all the over the top negative stuff in regards to Singletary around here.  I mean he has an excellent YPC, and excelled when we finally ran the ball last year.  His stats when he got at least 12 carries or more (mostly over the back part of the season and playoffs) would project out over a 17 game regular season to be 1400 yards and 17 TD's.  

 

Im not saying he is elite or cant be upgraded from, but to say Cook (whose never played a single NFL snap) is worlds more talented at this stage is pretty extreme.  Im as excited about Cook as anyone, and I think there are things they each do that compliment each other.  

 

Not to mention, there's been nothing but high praise for Singletary all camp long and him looking even better than last year.  I dont know if he gets resigned or not, but he will certainly be highly involved in our run game this year still.  

I think to some here Singletary will never be considered good because he ran a 4.6 40 coming out of college.  The fixation on 40 times yields the thought that Cook is much more talented.  
 

Room for both and Zach Moss in my opinion.  I don’t think Cook is getting 15+  Carrie’s a game at his size and with his receiving talent.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm honestly getting concerned about you.  you're getting to the age where that ***** doesn't fly.  are you getting any blood work done?

 

Well McDonald's stops serving breakfast at 10:30 and I'm hungry...there doesn't seem to be any other option.  

 

I haven't had a physical in 11 years.  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping to attend camp with my kids next Thursday and had a few questions for those who have been this year - 

 

For the 9:45 practices, when should we plan to get there (not sure how long it takes to park, get in, etc...)

How long do the sessions usually last? 

What is the bathroom situation?

For my kids - are there opportunities for autographs before practice, or is it usually an after practice thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Omg. Groot vs Diggs noooo not a fair fight 

 

 

 

AJE making some noise? That’s a good sign,

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

I don't think Stevenson can really afford to miss "weeks" of camp/practice.

Might as well IR him and hope he can improve over the next 12 months 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NewEra said:

Might as well IR him and hope he can improve over the next 12 months 

At this point, I'm not sure he is seen as worth the designation. Has he shown you something more than what I have seen? Not the pro returner we had hoped, not great hands and not elite level speed.... 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I honestly thought Singletary would carry the load in the run game, James Cook is our 3rd down back and to give Singletary a breather.

Then Singletary walks after this season, James Cook becomes our feature back.

Yeah that’s what I thought when we drafted Cook, but I wouldn’t write off Moss just yet.  I think he’ll get a little run too…. Until he gets hurt

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

At this point, I'm not sure he is seen as worth the designation. Has he shown you something more than what I have seen? Not the pro returner we had hoped, not great hands and not elite level speed.... 

same.  I’m not a fan either.  Just thinking his speed might be worth rolling over another season with hopes the light can turn on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...