Training Camp practice 8/4

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seeing these interviews, thinking of something that feels different this year, this team seems comfortable in who they are now. Like this team has been this young up and coming team for a while and you could kind of feel that in interviews. Now it feels like they know who they are and they're not so much trying to be that as they are that and are more focused on the big goal.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952afde6f2968aac1b9c

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

I'm hoping to attend camp with my kids next Thursday and had a few questions for those who have been this year - 

For the 9:45 practices, when should we plan to get there (not sure how long it takes to park, get in, etc...)

How long do the sessions usually last? 

What is the bathroom situation?

For my kids - are there opportunities for autographs before practice, or is it usually an after practice thing?

- I personally get there at least an hour early - if you are taking a shuttle from one of the high school's maybe even earlier.

- Usually 2 hrs

- When you enter first is the stadium straight ahead - there is a bathroom there - have everyone empty their bladders there before proceding to the practice field on the other side of the stadium.  I believe there's another bathroom under the practice field bleachers but now that I think of it I've never used the bathroom once I got there

- You can stand by the tunnel as the players come from the building and walk out to practice field - if you are on the not-VIP side pretty much the best you can hope for is a fleeting high five as they walk by.  On the VIP side there's a fence that faces the players as they walk from the building and sometimes those people get lucky and get some guys to sign if it is early and they are not in a rush 

17 minutes ago, stevewin said:

- I personally get there at least an hour early - if you are taking a shuttle from one of the high school's maybe even earlier.

- Usually 2 hrs

- When you enter first is the stadium straight ahead - there is a bathroom there - have everyone empty their bladders there before proceding to the practice field on the other side of the stadium.  I believe there's another bathroom under the practice field bleachers but now that I think of it I've never used the bathroom once I got there

- You can stand by the tunnel as the players come from the building and walk out to practice field - if you are on the not-VIP side pretty much the best you can hope for is a fleeting high five as they walk by.  On the VIP side there's a fence that faces the players as they walk from the building and sometimes those people get lucky and get some guys to sign if it is early and they are not in a rush 

Awesome, thanks!
How does one get on the VIP side?  Do you think if I talk to my season ticket rep he might be able to get us over there?

42 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Where'd this info come from?   Struggling?    There haven't been reports of PBUs and INTs, for sure, but I don't think he's getting beaten any more than a lot of guys.   Am I wrong about that?    

Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic is the guy primarily beating the "Elam is struggling" drum.

I've read elsewhere -- including from Matt Parrino yesterday or the day before -- that he's getting better and better as camp goes on.

We're talking about a rookie going primarily against Stefon Diggs every day -- one of the best route runners in the league. I would EXPECT him to struggle at this point.

I think it was Thad Brown who recently said that so far, when Elam can get hands on a receiver, he can stone even Stefon Diggs. When he DOESN'T get hands on a receiver, he can be beat by bottom-of-the-roster guys. That was the book on him coming out, too: needs to learn to be less grabby and to win more without his hands. Its why they had him in boxing gloves for a practice or two.

John Butler, Leslie Frazier, and Sean McDermott is as good a trio as a corner could ever hope to learn from, and he's going against elite WRs every day. I expect him to be just fine in the long run. That said, it DOES sound as though sixth rounder Christian Benford might be outplaying him to this point, which is exciting.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Exactly. He’s worlds more talented than Singletary. If he picks up the offense, singletary’s snaps will dwindle. 

There are only 3 words in the English language which begin with Dw. Name them.

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Anybody got anything football related? Please and thank you…

I hear there’s a game on tonight..

47 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Where'd this info come from?   Struggling?    There haven't been reports of PBUs and INTs, for sure, but I don't think he's getting beaten any more than a lot of guys.   Am I wrong about that?    

Consider the source. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

There are only 3 words in the English language which begin with Dw. Name them.

I hear there’s a game on tonight..

Consider the source. 🤷‍♂️

Dwindle.  Dwindling.  Dwindles. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

My anticipation of the DL being much more disruptive than we have seen in the past, I'm wondering if it eventually results in a change

of scheme for the whole D.  If that does happen, I wonder how long it takes Frazier to implement some changes and what those could be.

That would have to come down from McD…..

I hate to come off my high but both of them are Old Dawgs who I’m not sure are capable of New tricks.

My hope is a real breakout from One or two of Epenesa, Groot, Basham. I feel like Oliver is poised to have his best, most disruptive season. 
    This should lead to more turnovers and a more frequent short field for the O. 
    When that happens it’s almost like a feedback loop where they just start playing way beyond what we are used to….,and not just againt the crap teams. Last years # 1 rank was hollow . I want to see real, consistent domination and I think it’s a distinct possibility.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

He's a rook.  He's going to look like this some games

200.gif

He is gonna get called for holding just like Gilmore....he is going to give up some plays.

but he also is going to MAKE some plays the kid has legit skills and lets not forget the money this team shelled out to improve the pass rush in front of him.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.