Training Camp practice 8/4

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

Curious who is lining up at safety in place of Hyde and Poyer. 

Curiosity is good, just ask Ted Lasso…

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Marquez is about to spend the year on the IR. Beane's gonna stash him to take another year to evaluate.

If he is healthy before the year starts why IR him like he wouldn’t clear waivers and come right back to our practice squad? No team is going to sign that guy.

• Agree 1

Just now, StHustle said:

If he is healthy before the year starts why IR him like he wouldn’t clear waivers and come right back to our practice squad? No team is going to sign that guy.

with the new IR rules, I think he can come back soon (like 4 games, If I am not mistaken). So it is a good stash— probably lower risk than seeing if we will clear to the PS. You know the giants will be poaching our guys. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

with the new IR rules, I think he can come back soon (like 4 games, If I am not mistaken). So it is a good stash— probably lower risk than seeing if we will clear to the PS. You know the giants will be poaching our guys. 

Agree.  Exactly what happened with him last season as well, just unfortunate as he had a good shot at being our primary returner/few potential looks per game (jet sweeps, etc).  I would be shocked if Austin doesn't make the team now, barring injury.

But it will be a good "stash", injuries happen and Speedy hopefully could be ready earlier than last reg season (if needed).

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, uninja said:

Dalvin's Cook brother, criminally underused in Georgia, and a second round pick?

Nah, guy was going straight to the practice squad.

Exactly. He’s worlds more talented than Singletary. If he picks up the offense, singletary’s snaps will dwindle. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Isn't that what everyone was expecting from him?

Well most expected him to be a 3rd down pass catching RB. With the ability to run... but he didnt do much carrying the load at Georgia so thats a bit of a surprise that he is opening up eyes in the run game.

I feel he definitely has capability to be feature RB but that has never been his primary role.

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Looks like we might have a little RB controversy!

giphy.gif

Not really, he was / is a lock to make the team by all accounts 

Singletary and Cook have been the plan from the get go,

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.