A leading California secession advocate got funding and direction from Russian intelligence agents, US government alleges

13 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

ok so you havent seen the examples of teachers injecting strange race based questions into grade school work? you haven't seen teachers caught talking about it when they were zooming during the pandemic? im also guessing you also haven't seen the insane teachers talking about pronouns and hiding sexual orientation from parents for young grade school kids. libsoftictock alone has found quite a few self admitting for a brief start. 

i have no clue how far reaching or there are isolated incidents as i haven't investigated deeply.

if you really believe the uproar is from a bunch of parents angry that their adult child is learning somthing at a college level or all this is a just a absolute republican myth that doesnt exist then i think you should research what some parents are finding and also ask why dems are defending it at every level

What I do know is that the CRT panic is a made up phenomenon by a right-wing activist who sought to brand anything around race as CRT:

It’s a cynical ploy to get people angry about something and activate that anger at the polls, regardless of the merit.

We can certainly debate about when/if it is appropriate to teach kids certain subjects, but elementary school kids are not learning actual CRT. 

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

What I do know is that the CRT panic is a made up phenomenon by a right-wing activist who sought to brand anything around race as CRT:

It’s a cynical ploy to get people angry about something and activate that anger at the polls, regardless of the merit.

We can certainly debate about when/if it is appropriate to teach kids certain subjects, but elementary school kids are not learning actual CRT. 

you seem so sure from a tweet? 

that seems to be a theme around here. 

so its not taught in gradeschool and is a right wing conspiracy?

https://www.city-journal.org/nea-to-promote-critical-race-theory-in-schools?wallit_nosession=1

thats the largest teachers union in the US outright admitting it. who states for example.

"students in New Hampshire have access to opportunity by recognizing how identity, race, and culture of students and teachers play out in the classroom." 🤔

if thats a good source and they made clear intentions im guessing we will move the topic to what crt is and how it is beneficial. so its a good thing for the kids. thats usually how this conversation evolves and goal post moves once its clear this IS being injected. also injected onto the faculty. 

sorry its fox but your not going to find this information anywhere "objective". i dont think it makes the vid untrue though i admit its short and edited before pundits show up but this is a quick example how its getting ingrained.

you got me researching now. i told you I'm going to crack that walnut sooner or later.

anyways my point is not whether crt or sexuality exists in classrooms. im assuming maybe i convinced you. either way, both subjects are controversial, especially for VERY young kids. the point is parents should have a final say and be 100% informed on the syllabus..thats it! thats the big debacle on the subject. if parents overwhelming want it out. take it out. who am I ,YOU or a STATE EMPLOYEE to demand otherwise? they are the PARENTS! if its not there then democrats have nothing to fear. im not sure why this is even a "culture war" issue. instead you have democrats defending to the death that other peoples kids HAVE to be taught this junk or else everyone involved are bigoted/racists. its a very strange side to even be on but are more then happy to scream it from the rooftops. then they say right wingers are the weird ones for wanting it banned so there can be no "mistakes" or rouge teachers after parents say no? hmm. we used to have these lessons called anti-bullying, treating each other as equals. everyone really liked those.

people in general aren't in favor of these subjects and stand on the same side so not sure how ron made the comparison to begin with.

sorry to derail the thread but you did bring it up.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Until he doesn't own your party it's fair game.  My guess is once he finally settles into his syphilis riddled sunset the left will stop talking about him....well, eventually. 

Please stop saying "my party".  I'm a registered Democrat dissatisfied with the party's direction, not a Republican.  Its been taken over by fringe lunatics that don't represent the middle class and certainly no longer represents the needs and views of working class people.  While Trump is in many ways detestable he's the first figure that's stood up to these nuts and expressed any willingness to crush them to dust.  I've concluded they fear him more than they hate him.  In order for our nation to survive in any form these cultural Marxists need to be eliminated.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Secession is a settled question at this time in history. Even if you may enjoy the results of a secession, it's undeniable that planning such is treason.

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

2a3.jpg

As usual, things went south real fast in this thread. 
But to take it back to the start: I find it interesting to see what causes the Russian state funds (and the amount of funding is probably pretty small) in its attempts to sow discord and to weaken the United States as a strategic adversary. Read the list and think for a bit. Then think about all of your favorite “new media” Twitter gods and how they fit in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2022 at 4:15 PM, ChiGoose said:

A leading California secession advocate got funding and direction from Russian intelligence agents, US government alleges

"According to a federal indictment unveiled Friday, Russian intelligence officers also cared deeply about West Coast secession — as part of an effort to destabilize the United States.

The indictment focuses on Aleksandr Viktorovich Ionov, a resident of Moscow and head of the "Anti-Globalization Movement of Russia," Assistant Attorney General Matthew G. Olsen said in a statement. Prosecutors alleged he worked with at least three Russian officials on a "brazen influence campaign, turning US political groups and US citizens into instruments of the Russian government," Olsen wrote.

That effort involved hosting government-funded conferences in Russia, inviting secessionists from around the globe, as well as providing "financial support, consulting, instruction and promotion in Russia media outlets" to separatist movements in the US."

Add the California secessionist movement to the other accounts / groups being used by Russia to harm the US:

• Twitter accounts:
    • @TEN_GOP
    • @jenn_abrams
    • @Pamela_Moore13
    • @America_1st_
    • @march_for_trump
  • Facebook Groups:
    • "Being Patriotic"
    • "Stop All Immigrants"
    • "Stop All Invaders"
    • "Secured Borders"
    • "Tea Party News"
    • "Black Matters"
    • "Blacktivist"
    • "Don't Shoot Us"
    • "LGBT United"
    • "United Muslims of America"
  • Social Media hashtags:
    • #HillaryClintonForPrison2016
    • #nohillary2016
    • #KIDS4TRUMP

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Blue anon back to Russia.  Ugh 

Erkel, back to saying blue anon. 

"Why are the dems always bringing up Russia?!!"

"Well, didn't one of your people admit to working with Russia to push lies against democrats?"

"I just don't understand why!!"

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:21 PM, L Ron Burgundy said:

Erkel, back to saying blue anon. 

"Why are the dems always bringing up Russia?!!"

"Well, didn't one of your people admit to working with Russia to push lies against democrats?"

"I just don't understand why!!"

“Dems can’t stop bringing up Russia even though the evidence that the GOP is working to advance Russian aims is overwhelming. This is a serious position and I am a smart person”

-Morons like Mr. Eyerolls here 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1