Kyle Brandt's new daily podcast, Josh Allen is a weekly guest every Tuesday.

Draconator

I like how Josh has movie posters up on his wall just like every other 20 year old does in their loser apartment.  Don't ever let her take them down Josh!  First go the posters, then goes the neon beer sign, and next thing you know you're shopping for duvet covers and shower curtains and dishes and crap.  DON'T LET HER TAKE THEM DOWN, JOSH!!

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I like how Josh has movie posters up on his wall just like every other 20 year old does in their loser apartment.  Don't ever let her take them down Josh!  First the go the posters, then goes the neon beer sign, and next thing you know you're shopping for duvet covers and shower curtains and dishes and crap.  DON'T LET HER TAKE THEM DOWN, JOSH!!

So, a little ‘behind the scenes’ look in the life of Jauronimo, eh? 😂👍

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I like how Josh has movie posters up on his wall just like every other 20 year old does in their loser apartment.  Don't ever let her take them down Josh!  First go the posters, then goes the neon beer sign, and next thing you know you're shopping for duvet covers and shower curtains and dishes and crap.  DON'T LET HER TAKE THEM DOWN, JOSH!!

That’s his mancave in the basement.  It’s pry the only room she let him have.  He’s been pretty clear she runs the show 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:42 PM, UKBillFan said:

I guess the only grating I have in the back of my head is will he learn? It’s basically three games in a row where he’s made the same mistakes. Hearing him talk it through is nice but words are cheap if nothing changes.

I know this is from a little further in the past now… but what about Josh’s 26 years on earth makes you think he won’t adapt at some point? 

Making mistakes at NFL game speed is almost unavoidable. These guys are making decisions in a split second.

If you’re just slightly off, underconfident, or hurt, mistakes are gonna happen even if you made the same one last week.

The few times I took a snap at QB (I was a WR), I was shocked at how fast everything comes at you. You have to live in the zone to play that position well.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I know this is from a little further in the past now… but what about Josh’s 26 years on earth makes you think he won’t adapt at some point? 

That he showed signs of adapting but then regressed - basically three games in a row, from memory, where he threw very similar interceptions.

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

9.5 out of 10 on the Richter scale for that throw to Diggs. TD pass the week before against Cleveland was an 8.5-9. 10 for the final pass against the Jets.

I find that interesting. 

Arm strength clearly matters when combined with accuracy.

Did anyone else catch how Josh called out that he put his body into it?  He said he stepped into it and "put two cheeks into that one".

Josh also said Dorsey just told him he was putting that play in if they should happen to see that specific coverage, as they were getting on the plane to Detroit and asked if he was good with that because they hadn't practiced it (it's been in their playbook but they haven't repped it all year)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

That he showed signs of adapting but then regressed - basically three games in a row, from memory, where he threw very similar interceptions.

2.5 years of a high level play with 3 games of poor play isn’t nearly enough to claim “regression” it’s more people overreacting/hyperbole. 

My point was… what has Josh done his entire life that makes you think he won’t adjust? He typically adapts… it might not happen as soon as you’d like it… but he’s shown an unbelievable ability to adapt. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s hard to place what his OBJ thoughts are. Obviously the answers are political, but when you listen to how he says it I get the impression he knows already what the decision is.

“Hope for the best, expect the worst.”

“Wherever he goes, I hope he has success but personally I hope it’s here”

it sounds like he knows a decision was made, and he’s kinda just keeping mum. To me it sounds like “yeah, he’s got an offer we can’t match which is a bummer”

…but then he has that little smile like he’s doing lip service

We need ANSWERS, Josh!

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

It’s hard to place what his OBJ thoughts are. Obviously the answers are political, but when you listen to how he says it I get the impression he knows already what the decision is.

“Hope for the best, expect the worst.”

“Wherever he goes, I hope he has success but personally I hope it’s here”

it sounds like he knows a decision was made, and he’s kinda just keeping mum. To me it sounds like “yeah, he’s got an offer we can’t match which is a bummer”

…but then he has that little smile like he’s doing lip service

We need ANSWERS, Josh!

Normally we don't have the feeling of Josh having "handlers" when he's doing the Basement segment with Kyle.  But there was one time when Josh was talking about OBJ, that his eyes looked off screen to the L, where I assume his Bills PR contact is sitting, like "am I good, can I say this?"  it was when he was talking about "reports of him committing today, tomorrow, I don't know when it's gonna happen"

Josh was really positive about having him, as though there's no doubt he could walk in the door and play.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.