Kyle Brandt's new daily podcast, Josh Allen is a weekly guest every Tuesday.

Draconator

On 11/8/2022 at 9:38 PM, Dr. Football said:

I’m starting to get nervous!!! Logistics? Love you Kyle but I’m not buying it! 

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

To be fair, he flew to Ukraine to interview a “soldier’s” wife, (football tie-in) then to Germany to do GMFB for a couple of days, and then flew back to to the US for his s brother’s bachelor weekend. So I am guessing logistics were far from easy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

To be fair, he flew to Ukraine to interview a “soldier’s” wife, (football tie-in) then to Germany to do GMFB for a couple of days, and then flew back to to the US for his s brother’s bachelor weekend. So I am guessing logistics were far from easy.  

Michael Richards Yes GIF

• Haha (+1) 4

Summary:

Josh is having a home theater built and it's almost ready. He said he's feeling good, can't complain. First movie he'll watch will be Top Gun Maverick.

Kyle told Josh his son Calvin still thinks he is the best player in football. Josh said he appreciates that.

They watched Von Miller's remarks about how excited he is to turn this thing around, how he hopes teams will thing they are done, so they can surprise them. Josh said he's a first ballot Hall of Famer, and they've watched the film, they saw what went wrong, and now it's time to hit the practice field and fix things. The Bills are moving on, it sucks to be 6-3 and to have lost two in a row, but they are looking to next week.

Josh described his process, you go in and talk through the game on Mondays, and it's never as bad as you think and never as good as you think when you watch the film. The Bills haven't gotten into a rhythm in the second half the last few weeks, but they will work like hell. And they don't want to not face adversity, they want to grind. 

Kyle asked about the fumbled snap on the goal line. Josh said they were running a push dog, the ball slipped away, Gabe didn't know the ball was on the ground, and it got away. He likes that they still had a great 2 minute drill after that to tie the game.

Josh seemed more tense and more intense than usual but slowly he loosened up a little.

He mentioned the Bills are not a bad team, but they've been hurting themselves a lot. (So true.) They have to clean that up.

Kyle asked if he reads the criticism after losses and Josh said he tries to block it all out, negative and positive, after wins or losses. He's trying to be the best quarterback he can be for the team, and do the job as well as he can.

Josh said last Monday the doctors were pretty pessimistic that he could play. But he said he was optimistic, he grinded hard, spent countless hours rehabbing, and in the hyperbaric chamber, but it was his goal and he made it.

Josh is not into Stranger Things, but he knows Myles Garrett dressed up as someone from it--Vecna, says Kyle.  

Josh considers Thanksgiving one of his top 2 holidays, after Christmas. His favorite thing to do is give gifts, and then he loves mashed potatoes and gravy. He said he gets asked what he wants for Christmas all the time, by his teammates and his family (I noticed he didn't mention Brittany), and he doesn't really want anything. He likes giving gifts, not receiving them.

Kyle watched Vision Quest (McDermott's favorite movie), it's about the darkest, weirdest high school kid who wants to wrestle. Josh (who didn't watch it) said he'll tell McDermott Kyle's review. For next week, he will watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles for next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

As usual a great watch! Allen made me feel a lot better about the Vikings game, nothing revolutionary just his usual great attitude about everything, and that they will work like Hell this week, and they are a hungry team right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

This was great. I actually feel better after hearing him speak about adversity etc.

The dog made me laugh, attacking its toy in the background. It would be funny if each time the Bills lost the dog was ripping apart a mini mascot of the team that beat us. So this week would have been a toy viking. Josh says nothing and doesn't even acknowledge it ha ha

20 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

As usual a great watch! Allen made me feel a lot better about the Vikings game, nothing revolutionary just his usual great attitude about everything, and that they will work like Hell this week, and they are a hungry team right now. 

No one can quite settle me down and talk me off the ledge like Josh.  This kid is so remarkable and such a great attitude. Figures Clappy loves Vision Quest. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Less turnovers, less podcasts. Thanks.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

This was great. I actually feel better after hearing him speak about adversity etc.

The dog made me laugh, attacking its toy in the background. It would be funny if each time the Bills lost the dog was ripping apart a mini mascot of the team that beat us. So this week would have been a toy viking. Josh says nothing and doesn't even acknowledge it ha ha

I liked that too.  Our yellow lab Luke died at 10 1/2 a month ago.  Through a bunch of strange circumstances that I won't bore you with, we find ourselves unexpectedly with a nine-week old yellow lab that we named Josh.  Bills have not won since Josh arrived but watching Sky bounce around in the background made me smile and makes me feel this will all turn out fine.  Josh the dog is definitely a keeper.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

I liked that too.  Our yellow lab Luke died at 10 1/2 a month ago.  Through a bunch of strange circumstances that I won't bore you with, we find ourselves unexpectedly with a nine-week old yellow lab that we named Josh.  Bills have not won since Josh arrived but watching Sky bounce around in the background made me smile and makes me feel this will all turn out fine.  Josh the dog is definitely a keeper.

I'm sorry for your loss. Is that Luke in your pic? I wonder if they named the QB sneak Push Dog because Josh is a Daawwgg!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.