Best/craziest Backers Bar in Boston?

oldmanfan

1 hour ago, Bills of Boston said:

The Harp

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

My daughter is moving to Boston this month and needs a new Backer’s Bar.  She was spoiled being at Kitty O’Shea’s in Orlando the last few years and needs a new home where the fans are crazy!  Suggestions?

The Harp, no question. Arrive early for big games. There are  3 sections: Main bar, rear bar, basement bar. They hold around 400. When things go over capacity they spill over to Hurricane's on Canal.

There is also a Bills Backers chapter at the Fenway Bleacher Bar on Lansdowne St. Not as heavily attended or as wild as the Harp but still a haven for Bills fans.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This thread may as well be shut down right now, as the question has been answered.  I haven't been to the Bleacher bar, but everything I've heard about is what boco357 just said.

The Harp will not let you down.  I have an 85-inch TV, and I'll still drive almost two hours to Boston sometimes, just to be there.  The first time I was there, when the Bills scored for the first time, the Shout song blared out of the speakers and everyone sang.  I knew I was in the right place.  

Send your daughter to the Harp.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This thread may as well be shut down right now, as the question has been answered.  I haven't been to the Bleacher bar, but everything I've heard about is what boco357 just said.

The Harp will not let you down.  I have an 85-inch TV, and I'll still drive almost two hours to Boston sometimes, just to be there.  The first time I was there, when the Bills scored for the first time, the Shout song blared out of the speakers and everyone sang.  I knew I was in the right place.  

Send your daughter to the Harp.  

It's also fun annoying the Boston locals who might be at the Harp when the Celtics or Bruins are playing across the street at TD Garden.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, boco357 said:

I went to the Bleacher bar and right its not as busy as Harp but fun place to watch game.

Everyone needs to visit the Bleacher Bar once. It's literally built under the bleachers at Fenway Park. Some days they open the garage door and you can see right into the stadium.

Bleacher-Bar2.jpg

Bleacher-Bar1.jpg

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Harp, no question. Arrive early for big games. There are  3 sections: Main bar, rear bar, basement bar. They hold around 400. When things go over capacity they spill over to Hurricane's on Canal.

There is also a Bills Backers chapter at the Fenway Bleacher Bar on Lansdowne St. Not as heavily attended or as wild as the Harp but still a haven for Bills fans.

I’ve been to both. Harp is great as you said. The one at Fenway was for the opener last year and Boston was still in pandemic mood. Cool place and it’s pretty awesome to watch a Bills game and look at Fenway through the open outfield fence. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Everyone needs to visit the Bleacher Bar once. It's literally built under the bleachers at Fenway Park. Some days they open the garage door and you can see right into the stadium.

Bleacher-Bar2.jpg

Bleacher-Bar1.jpg

I' m a Yankees fan, but bleacher bar is awesome.  What a view!  Even from the bathroom.  I went with my gf who is a red sox fan- we shocked to see it's a Bills bar!  ill have to watch a game here this season!

5 hours ago, teef said:

was the harp ever in another place?  we would hang out a the harp in college, but it certainly wasn't in that part of town.

Before the Harp (80s-early 90s), the "Bills Fan Club" was at The Fours, right across the street from the old Boston Garden. We just outgrew the place. In 1991 when we put up 52 against Pittsburgh (the game Don Beebe scored 4 TDs), I showed up late with "a date" (non-WNYer), and we ended up sitting in the window well smashed up against the plate glass by the crowd. At one point when we scored yet another TD, the scream was so loud that I swear I felt the glass buckle; I thought we were going to end up on Canal Street. She was not amused ... 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.