Vin scully died

djp14150

From the NY Post.. 

At the end of his final broadcast, seated in the television booth at AT&T Park in San Francisco, where the Dodgers’ 2016 regular season ended, Scully left his fans with this message:

“You and I have been friends for a long time, but I know in my heart that I’ve always needed you more than you’ve ever needed me, and I’ll miss our time together more than I can say.

“But you know what? There will be a new day and eventually a new year. And when the upcoming winter gives way to spring, rest assured, once again it will be ‘Time for Dodger baseball.’ So this is Vin Scully wishing you a very pleasant good afternoon, wherever you may be.”

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/vin-scully-legendary-dodgers-and-mlb-broadcaster-dead-at-94-2/

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

One of my favorite Scully calls, although I may not get it in the correct order, despite the fact that I have heard it more than once.

" the dueces are wild.  There are two men on base, and the count is two balls, two strikes and there are two outs."

Sad to hear this, but he had a great ride! 

The legendary sports broadcasters are mostly gone now, and the sad part is they are not really being replaced by a newer, younger generation of equally great talent.

A dying breed.

• Agree 1

Vin Scully -

"He's 4th in the league in advancing runners from 2nd to 3rd base after the 6th inning in the month of July".

I never knew if it was shtick or serious, cause I pretty much tuned him out. Still, that longevity is amazing, may he RIP.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.