Albert Breer (MMQB) on the Dan Patrick Show

• Mike in Horseheads changed the title to Albert Breer (MMQB) on the Dan Patrick Show

The rookie year Allen stuff is so silly.  The national media was filled to the brim with poor takes.  That might have been the worst WR core in football, ever, coupled with one of the worst O-Lines in football at the time.  Tom Brady would have looked like garbage with that cast. 

Edited by Bruffalo
missed a word
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The rookie year Allen stuff is so silly.  The national media was filled to the brim with poor takes.  That might have been the worst WR core in football, ever, coupled with one of the worst O-Lines in football at time.  Tom Brady would have looked like garbage with that cast. 

You are so right.  Most of us around here had a lot of experience watching bad to middling quarterback play over the course of a couple of decades.  After the first year of Allen I was brimming with excitement because you could see the difference, the flashes.  I even remember analyzing that first season in terms of accuracy and coming away unworried.  The first season revealed that he could make really accurate throws, but had some consistency issues related to mechanics and footwork.  Issues which he has since worked hard to correct, successfully.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

ive heard this about Allens first few seasons before.    people did doubt him in the media,  alot.     the fans,  coaches and his fellow players didnt.   sure he was rough around the edges,  made mistakes,  but we all saw more than enough WoW plays to know we had something.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

You are so right.  Most of us around here had a lot of experience watching bad to middling quarterback play over the course of a couple of decades.  After the first year of Allen I was brimming with excitement because you could see the difference, the flashes.  I even remember analyzing that first season in terms of accuracy and coming away unworried.  The first season revealed that he could make really accurate throws, but had some consistency issues related to mechanics and footwork.  Issues which he has since worked hard to correct, successfully.

Just now, bigduke6 said:

ive heard this about Allens first few seasons before.    people did doubt him in the media,  alot.     the fans,  coaches and his fellow players didnt.   sure he was rough around the edges,  made mistakes,  but we all saw more than enough WoW plays to know we had something.

A lot of were nervous when we selected Allen but most of us accepted it quickly and just hoped for the best.

I felt better about the pick when they brought Allen out the 1st time in pre-season and they had him throw the bomb his 1st pass.  I knew I had to be patient but I felt something good then. Fast forward to the famous leap against the Vikings and I was sold, add in years of consistent growth and I'm convinced Allen could be one of the All time greats.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

The rookie year Allen stuff is so silly.  The national media was filled to the brim with poor takes.  That might have been the worst WR core in football, ever, coupled with one of the worst O-Lines in football at the time.  Tom Brady would have looked like garbage with that cast. 

The best is Mina Kimes, and Bomani Jones...had the two worst takes in relation to Allen and yet stood on the same hill for three years. How do these people get to keep their jobs when they are so piss poor at it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Josh's stats maybe. But Josh the player, if you really watched him that rookie year, you knew he was special. This is just an admission that national guys only have a cursory knowledge of most players.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

25 minutes ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

The best is Mina Kimes, and Bomani Jones...had the two worst takes in relation to Allen and yet stood on the same hill for three years. How do these people get to keep their jobs when they are so piss poor at it.

Has anyone ever been 100% right on everything they talk about. You are wanting them to lose there jobs b.c of one thing out of a mountain of stuff.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Keyshawn Johnson is dedicated to being the last one off the hill

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

People were too stuck on their draft projections of him, we as fans watched all his games. So we knew that he was getting better all season, mid season Josh was better than start of the season Josh, and end of the season Josh was better than mid season Josh. He steadily got better so we weren't surprised, national media only vaguely paid attention so it felt like it came out of nowhere.

There was a great before the season panel where Mel Kiper bangs the drum I think for Josh being the best AFC East QB with Brady gone, he explains himself saying he watched every one of his snaps and another member of the panel mocks the idea that he watched every snap.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Yeah, his stats werent great but he was making some incredible throws and plays despite that cast. He needed to learn how to play QB, but the talent was eye popping to anyone paying attention.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Has anyone ever been 100% right on everything they talk about. You are wanting them to lose there jobs b.c of one thing out of a mountain of stuff.

Its not one thing, they are consistently wrong in their takes. And yes I want accountability for being piss poor at your job. 

3 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

During the 2020 pre-season, a local Charlotte radio guy was promoting a new weekly segment, something like “ Gibrone of the week” .

He made a comment about the Texans playoff game and Josh as an example of a player who would be a multiple week Gibrone choice with multiple Int games.

I was SO pissed! I called up immediate and let him have it angrily but with facts. 
    Non Buffalo media wasn’t paying attention and just doing their usual lazy takes. Those of us who watched knew we were onto something special. The payoff now is AWESOME as they all have to change their tunes.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Because they get paid have takes and generate interest. Every time they said something negative you clicked on it retweeted it etc.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Because they get paid have takes and generate interest. Every time they said something negative you clicked on it retweeted it etc.

Yeah I get it, but the standard for reporting has dropped severely and its not just them. ESPN is unwatchable, with the exception of Clarke and Bart Scott IMO. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.