Jordan Poyer elbow injury

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, transient said:

Whew. That was a close one...

92cd1d768285736d1e964f47695b2b21.gif

Ooh, Definitely makes his spleen pucker….

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Its probably insensitive but Damar Hamlin is going to ball out if he has to play. The guy can play.

not insensitive.  This is why you need depth and good coaching in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Good to hear! Count us lucky. Going to need some here and there. 

Tim Patrick from Denver not so Lucky. Out for the year

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10044160-broncos-tim-patrick-reportedly-diagnosed-with-season-ending-acl-injury.amp.html

dammit.  

also reason to have fantasy drafts late, IMO.  Sports with contact or quick movements unfortunately have injuries.   

They were just talking about this on Schoop and Bulldog yesterday. Sal was saying how impressive the safety depth has looked which didn't bode well for a Poyer extension with others like Edmunds, Knox and Oliver in the wings. Good to know but I'd rather see Jordan ball out if it's to be his last year here.

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

They were just talking about this on Schoop and Bulldog yesterday. Sal was saying how impressive the safety depth has looked which didn't bode well for a Poyer extension with others like Edmunds, Knox and Oliver in the wings. Good to know but I'd rather see Jordan ball out if it's to be his last year here.

Seeing as both safeties are post 30, and typically play in every game, we really need to see Jaquan and Hamlin in the preseason to get a sense of what we have there. They must really like them because they didn’t add a single player at the S position in the off-season. However nick McCloud has played some there in TC as well as benford. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Nope. Johnson got time last week with the 1s. He will be the first guy in. Hamlin has had a nice camp but when they have rotated in with the 1s it has been Jaquan.

Nothing against Jaquan, but Hamlin is a future starter.  He's extremely instinctive, more of a hitter/aggressive style of play and just a perfect fit IMO.  Was shocked he wasn't a late 4th round pick last yr.  

I'm local to Pittsburgh, watched him and Dane quite a lot at Pitt.  Knew Dane was a capable, solid player in our scheme.  Just like I am very confident Hamlin would be a solid starter (if called upon).  He's not all pro (at Poyers or Hydes level), but would be very ready to contribute when called upon.  

Pitt coverage schemes/safety assignments/etc were not nearly as complex as what we run and disguise.  Hamlin needed a year to learn the scheme,  but think he's passed Jaquan (jmo).  Excited to see him and Jaquan in preseason

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

My major concern. I wasn’t concerned with the Hyde injury, but this feels different for multiple reasons. Pain in this general area normally only stems from something serious. Rarely will you have minor issues with visible pain in the elbow area. 

I don't know.  Have you ever hit your funny bone?  It's not very humerous/humurus....

Edited by RangerDave

18 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

I don't know.  Have you ever hit your funny bone?  It's not very humerous/humurus....

Thank goodness it’s only a hyperextended elbow. About the only non serious thing that could exist with such pain symptoms. Just glad it wasn’t ligament issues. We dodged a bullet. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seeing as both safeties are post 30, and typically play in every game, we really need to see Jaquan and Hamlin in the preseason to get a sense of what we have there. They must really like them because they didn’t add a single player at the S position in the off-season. However nick McCloud has played some there in TC as well as benford. 

whispers/rumors over the recent past suggest just that - they love both young guys (especially Hamlin) as eventual starting safeties and benford projects as a longer term convert to safety. 

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

not insensitive.  This is why you need depth and good coaching in the NFL. 

dammit.  

also reason to have fantasy drafts late, IMO.  Sports with contact or quick movements unfortunately have injuries.   

We have pretty much decided to do all our fantasy drafts right after preseason.. kinda pushing it but better to know is available! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Nothing against Jaquan, but Hamlin is a future starter.  He's extremely instinctive, more of a hitter/aggressive style of play and just a perfect fit IMO.  Was shocked he wasn't a late 4th round pick last yr.  

I'm local to Pittsburgh, watched him and Dane quite a lot at Pitt.  Knew Dane was a capable, solid player in our scheme.  Just like I am very confident Hamlin would be a solid starter (if called upon).  He's not all pro (at Poyers or Hydes level), but would be very ready to contribute when called upon.  

Pitt coverage schemes/safety assignments/etc were not nearly as complex as what we run and disguise.  Hamlin needed a year to learn the scheme,  but think he's passed Jaquan (jmo).  Excited to see him and Jaquan in preseason

I like Hamlin too but the staff have a lot of faith in Jaquan. He is their kind of football player. Hamlin is more physically talented, of that there is little doubt, but Jaquan is smart, knows where to be, does his one 11th and is a good communicator. And he has an NFL start under his belt from last year. That is why I think he has still been the first guy in through camp. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Hamlin too but the staff have a lot of faith in Jaquan. He is their kind of football player. Hamlin is more physically talented, of that there is little doubt, but Jaquan is smart, knows where to be, does his one 11th and is a good communicator. And he has an NFL start under his belt from last year. That is why I think he has still been the first guy in through camp. 

Jaquan is a baller.  Anytime he has been given an opportunity he has made the most of it.   The depth at safety is high quality.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.