NFL Suspends Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17th, 2022 after investigation. Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah but then the risk for Roger and the NFL is Watson and NFLPA sue him and win.  League doesn't want more losses in court as have had enough.  Would think they have a decent chance at winning as this arbitrator stated wasn't enough serious issues or something along those lines.

Highly highly unlikely that would happen and they would win. Courts are very reluctant to get involved in collectively bargained agreements...if the NFLPA didn't want him to have that power they should have not agreed to it, not try and challenge it in court after the fact. 

11 hours ago, Mango said:

I can maybe get behind not including the player. But there should  be a very major fine for agents who participate in these conversations as well. 

They aren't part of the NFL.  I don't see how you can fine them.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah but then the risk for Roger and the NFL is Watson and NFLPA sue him and win.  League doesn't want more losses in court as have had enough.  Would think they have a decent chance at winning as this arbitrator stated wasn't enough serious issues or something along those lines.

Highly unlikely they win given the CBA still gives Goodell final say.  It's the NFLPA's fault for agreeing to it.  The wording in Judge Robinson's written decision makes it very easy for Goodell to suspend him as long as he wants if the NFL appeals the suspension.

Edited by Doc Brown

I would like to thank Belichick for making this all come together. 

Brady is a piece of ***** also for tampering but won't get in trouble. 

Good thing is every team that has lost a first round pick was b.c of Brady.

Edited by TBBills

11 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

May be true but even when the player clearly engages back and have active, meetings, and open discussions in response?

What is the official tampering rule? Feel like it says "Players may not...." as well as "Teams may not..."

You can top feeling that way because it doesn't say that at all.

If a team reaches out to a player--the team is tampering and faces penalty.  That's it.

If a player reaches out to a team, the team is supposed to report it to the NFL.  No player in the NFL is bound to report tampering to the NFL. 

It's the same in the NBA. MLB has the same rule.  So does the NHL.   Why are people acting as if they have just learned about tampering and its rules?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They aren't part of the NFL.  I don't see how you can fine them.

They actually can. All agents are certified. All teams who negotiate with an uncertified agent are fined 30k. I believe in situations like Lamar, there is a $30k fine for negotiating with a non-accredited agent. 

Source: https://nflpa.com/agents/how-to-become-an-agent

D. Proposed Disciplinary Action Except in cases where discipline has been imposed prior to the receipt of the answer, CARD shall, as soon as possible but no later than ninety (90) days after receipt of the answer, inform the Contract Advisor in writing (by confirmed email, facsimile or overnight delivery) of the nature of the discipline, if any, CARD proposes to impose, which discipline may include one or more of the following:

(1) Issuance by CARD of an informal order of reprimand to be retained in the Contract Advisor’s file at the NFLPA’s office;

(2) Issuance by CARD of a formal letter of reprimand which may be made public in NFLPA publications and other media;

(3) Suspension of a Contract Advisor’s Certification for a specified period of time during which Contract Advisor shall be prohibited from representing any NFL player in individual contract negotiations with an NFL club or assisting in or advising with respect to such negotiations. During such suspension Contract Advisor shall also be prohibited from engaging either directly or indirectly in any “recruiting activities.” The term “recruiting activities” shall be deemed to include recruiting of any NFL players or prospective NFL players on behalf of himself/herself or any representation firm with which the suspended Contract Advisor is associated, and/or recruiting on behalf of any other Contract Advisor or representation firm. During such suspension Contract Advisor may, at the discretion of CARD, be prohibited from collecting any fees that he/she would otherwise have been entitled to receive pursuant to any Standard Representation Agreement;

(4) Revocation of the Contract Advisor’s Certification hereunder;

(5) Prohibition of a Contract Advisor from soliciting or representing any new player-clients for a specified period of time. However, Contract Advisor shall retain the right to represent any player-clients signed to a Standard Representation Agreement with Contract Advisor at the time of the suspension; and/or

(6) Imposition of a fine payable within thirty (30) days of the imposition of such fine, with onehalf (1/2) of such fine payable to the Players Assistance Trust (PAT).

So you can't "TALK" to a player before the time allotted & you are given all that punishment but you can expose yourself to a bunch of women while getting a massage and make lewd implications numerous times and only get 6 games ??? 🤔

Which is a worse look for the NFL ?

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I guess it’s onto Brady in 2023.  It will be fun beating him twice at 46.  IDC about the Fins.  We’ll beat them again twice this year to make it 9 of 10 in JA17.

I mean there’s no way they can get Brady now, can they? Or Sean Payton? 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I guess it’s onto Brady in 2023.  It will be fun beating him twice at 46.  IDC about the Fins.  We’ll beat them again twice this year to make it 9 of 10 in JA17.

$#%!@#& Charles Clay...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

So you can't "TALK" to a player before the time allotted & you are given all that punishment but you can expose yourself to a bunch of women while getting a massage and make lewd implications numerous times and only get 6 games ??? 🤔

Which is a worse look for the NFL ?

As the judge stated, Watson wasn't informed by the nfl prior to his acts that it was wrong.  (Not verbatim but basically what she said)

No joke.

Though I think that this is a precursor to Godell appealing for 12 games for Watson in hopes the NFLPA doesn't file against them.  Basically him saying, "see, we punish owners too"

Edited by The Wiz

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

As the judge stated, Watson wasn't informed by the nfl prior to his acts that it was wrong.  (Not verbatim but basically what she said)

No joke.

Though I think that this is a precursor to Godell appealing for 12 games for Watson in hopes the NFLPA doesn't file against them.  Basically him saying, "see, we punish owners too"

Maybe he wasn't informed but - - - well never mind common sense of what's wrong or right doesn't exist much today so i'll leave it alone .

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

No joke.

That is not at all what she said.  She said that the NFL never said the punishment went from 6 games (past violations) to 17 games (as requested by the NFL.)  

It's odd either way that they needed to specify, but she didn't say "you didn't tell him it was wrong!"

12 minutes ago, cle23 said:

That is not at all what she said.  She said that the NFL never said the punishment went from 6 games (past violations) to 17 games (as requested by the NFL.)  

It's odd either way that they needed to specify, but she didn't say "you didn't tell him it was wrong!"

The league didn't give him fair notice.  I'm not sure how you would interpret that other than, they didn't tell him doing that was wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.