NFL Suspends Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17th, 2022 after investigation. Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

Big Turk

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I'm still waiting to see if the NFL appeals the Watson ruling and allows Goodell to hand down his own suspension.  They are not obligated to accept that ruling.

If “The NFL” appeals….who is actually doing the appealing?

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Watson only tampered with female massage therapists.

If Ross would have been hanging out with Kraft, he would have gotten off lighter.

it's becoming clearer by the day that these owners are the most ruthless, ethically challenged scumbags to walk the earth and Goodell is their enabler.

All that cheating and the Dolphins still suck!

So when will we be awarded the division by default?

2 hours ago, notwoz said:

I wondered what the impact of suspending an owner would be. Sounds like a non-punishment to me.

The impact is that it will neutralize the NFLPA claim (and dull a potential argument in Federal court) that the NFL doesn't punish the owners the way it does players, thus paving the way for a yearlong suspension for Watson.  

2 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

- I think he is a good coach and shouldn’t have been fired and should have probably got one of the head coaching jobs that were open but I just think he planned it out 

He was a horrible coach and should have been fired. He should have worried more about his team and playing football than covering his arse and wanting people to refer to him as the next Belichick. 

27 minutes ago, stuvian said:

it's becoming clearer by the day that these owners are the most ruthless, ethically challenged scumbags to walk the earth and Goodell is their enabler.

All that cheating and the Dolphins still suck!

So when will we be awarded the division by default?

They are?  How about corporations that have poisoned the world forever and just keep doing it while raking in billions?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

And why is Tom Brady not being fined / suspended, he went a long with the tampering knowingly for two seasons and never said a word about it, that guy must have a big collection of knee pads at hand when he visits Rodger…,

i would like to see this brought up loudly when its time for Brady to wanna be an NFL owner.

He has hidden behind others for years.  He has hidden behind technicalities.  But you arent supposed to be able to even have that mindset as an owner.

Or so we are to believe.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, maddenboy said:

i would like to see this brought up loudly when its time for Brady to wanna be an NFL owner.

He has hidden behind others for years.  He has hidden behind technicalities.  But you arent supposed to be able to even have that mindset as an owner.

Or so we are to believe.

Exactly, the guy is a walking talking character flaw, 

Wait now that I think about it, wasn't this all coming out publicly around the time Brady retired? 

It is too coincidental. I am theorizing that Brady found out this was coming out and planned to retire after the 2021 season to avoid tainting his "legacy" (already tainted but probably not to him) and getting suspended for the 2022 season which may have been his last.

So then he gets assurances from the NFL that he wont get any sort of suspension for this and then unretires. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Wait now that I think about it, wasn't this all coming out publicly around the time Brady retired? 

It is too coincidental. I am theorizing that Brady found out this was coming out and planned to retire after the 2021 season to avoid tainting his "legacy" (already tainted but probably not to him) and getting suspended for the 2022 season which may have been his last.

So then he gets assurances from the NFL that he wont get any sort of suspension for this and then unretires. 

players don’t get suspended for talking to teams when teams aren’t supposed to be talking to them

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

players don’t get suspended for talking to teams when teams aren’t supposed to be talking to them

May be true but even when the player clearly engages back and have active, meetings, and open discussions in response?

What is the official tampering rule? Feel like it says "Players may not...." as well as "Teams may not..."

Edited by What a Tuel

8 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Well, after going 6-11 this year, and having very little draft capital in 2023, I think that Stephen Ross will get a second chance at tanking (hopefully more discreetly) to get ready for the 2024 & 2025 drafts

Breaks my frigging heart to see this happen to a despised divisional opponent.  I hesitate to call them a "rival" until they next win a game against the Bills

Over/under for when Tyreek Hill demands out of Miami this season? I say Week 12.

55 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Yes and it flew entirely under the radar 

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I'm still waiting to see if the NFL appeals the Watson ruling and allows Goodell to hand down his own suspension.  They are not obligated to accept that ruling.

Yeah but then the risk for Roger and the NFL is Watson and NFLPA sue him and win.  League doesn't want more losses in court as have had enough.  Would think they have a decent chance at winning as this arbitrator stated wasn't enough serious issues or something along those lines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.