NFL Suspends Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17th, 2022 after investigation. Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It just got harder for him to prove.   NFL/Fins can just call the independent investigator as a witness to testify about his findings/conclusions.

As I recall, the tanking claim was only one allegation in his complaint... 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a joke? They couldn't admit that Ross wanted to tank cause it would bring the integrity of the NFL into question. Plus they would have to seriously consider that racism and prejudice was in play against Flores.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Right because partially confirming what he said is apparently worse than completely refuting.🤔

Exactly.  Conceding it was said but that no one else took him seriously when he said it is better than lying about not having said it when their are witnesses who can corroborate he said it.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

As I recall, the tanking claim was only one allegation in his complaint... 

The tanking claim was his best shot.  "Fake interviews" are hard to prove and even if they happened, so what?  What harm is done?  He would have to prove he was harmed/damaged by a fake interview process (as opposed to no interview at all) to succeed in his suit. Good luck....

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly.  Conceding it was said but that no one else took him seriously when he said it is better than lying about not having said it when their are witnesses who can corroborate he said it.

I believe I was referring to refuting something vs. partially confirming it, not getting caught lying about something vs. having a story for it.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The tanking claim was his best shot.  "Fake interviews" are hard to prove and even if they happened, so what?  What harm is done?  He would have to prove he was harmed by a fake interview process (as opposed to no interview at all) to succeed in his suit. Good luck....

The tanking claim was certainly the most explosive allegation in the complaint, but even if it was true, I'm not sure what damages Flores could have proven.  The harm would have been to the league, not to him personally.  I don't know how hard or easy it would have been to prove the other stuff...that's why we've got discovery. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I believe I was referring to refuting something vs. partially confirming it, not getting caught lying about something vs. having a story for it.

I believe in the past Ross said he wasn't serious about the offer....

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

The tanking claim was certainly the most explosive allegation in the complaint, but even if it was true, I'm not sure what damages Flores could have proven.  The harm would have been to the league, not to him personally.  I don't know how hard or easy it would have been to prove the other stuff...that's why we've got discovery. 

Well, the League is a Defendant in the suit so......he won't likely claim the League was harmed.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Suddenly, that claim seems to have more traction.

It might be included above as I skipped ahead, but I heard language today that says, basically, it doesn’t matter if it was said in jest. You can’t use “joking around about it” as a defense. As it should be, especially from the top guy. You’d still have to prove what you allege, but that excuse has been removed from the table. Again, as it should be. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

5D chess

So if Flores wrote a letter about his concerns I think two things “he wanted a paper trail”

He was pissed he was asked and planned to blow this up when he was fired 

or he is a B word knowing he was joking and just did it to blow things up when he got fired 

- I think he is a good coach and shouldn’t have been fired and should have probably got one of the head coaching jobs that were open but I just think he planned it out 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.