NFL Suspends Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17th, 2022 after investigation. Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Well, that didn't take long. This is kinda like a thread about our DB's turning into an "Edmunds needs to go" thread. Are you trying to do the same? 

He's literally one of the other parties in the case of tampering that they're getting in trouble for, how is this like that at all?

Also what are the odds Sean Payton and Tom Brady wouldn't care about the rules.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's literally one of the other parties in the case of tampering that they're getting trouble for, how is this like that at all?

Tom Brady after seeing he's trending on Twitter because of this:

"TIME FOR A NEW PHONE!"

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95244fb5e06eb767ebff

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He's literally one of the other parties in the case of tampering that they're getting trouble for, how is this like that at all?

Yep. It's a valid question. I assume agents and players are well aware of the tampering policies. I also assume they're protected by the unions.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Tom Brady after seeing he's trending on Twitter because of this:

"TIME FOR A NEW PHONE!"

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95244fb5e06eb767ebff

Not really. When I worked at Ericsson I would always test my work phone that way. 

my boss showed me the proper windup 

If it broke, I just pulled another phone 📱 from the testing lot.  

1 hour ago, Mango said:

That is my thought. Granted he didn't sign. But there seems to be "numerous" conversations between the parties spanning a couple of years. At what point is he culpable. 

Players cannot be charged with tampering.  They are tampered with.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

His lawsuit is still pending, isn’t it?

It just got harder for him to prove.   NFL/Fins can just call the independent investigator as a witness to testify about his findings/conclusions.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It just got harder for him to prove.   NFL/Fins can just call the independent investigator as a witness to testify about his findings/conclusions.

I mean yes and no, it may have a different interpretation on the tanking aspect, but it still confirmed several of the things he said happened including in the tanking issue.

Edited by Warcodered

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I can maybe get behind not including the player. But there should  be a very major fine for agents who participate in these conversations as well. 

Agent and perhaps agency should be suspended from doing business in NFL. 

On third occurrence they are prohibited forever (three strikes and you are out).

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Now he will learn don't tamper in the NFL... unless you plan to commit 24 sexual assaults also to lower the penalty.

Hey! He wanted THAT guy as his QB before he went after Brady but couldn’t get the women to settle! Not his fault. Haslam must have deeper pockets.

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Heh...independent...heh.

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Do something that impacts other owners = get the book thrown at you. Sexually assault two dozen women = slap on the wrist.

The NFLPA and collective bargaining agreement have some influence on the 6 game punishment.   Goddell can do anything he wants to an owner.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean yes and no, it may have a different interpretation on the tanking aspect, but it still confirmed several of the things he said happened including in the tanking issue.

And it concluded the nature in which FLores claims to have interpreted them isn't valid.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Heh...independent...heh.

Flores would be free to challenge the legitimacy of the independent reviewer.  I'm pretty sure the reviewer would be able to anticipate this same thing he probably hears all the time and would easily defend his position.  This would likely included his interviews with others present or who knew details of the story which led him to conclude as he did.

Or....the Defendants could simply depose Hue Jackson as an example of a coach was "offered a bribe to tank".  LOL.

29 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. It's a valid question. I assume agents and players are well aware of the tampering policies. I also assume they're protected by the unions.

There is an agent union?  NFL agents have been suspended in past but in general like with owners there companies have someone else in company handle it until agent is recertified.  

Not sure what happens when an agent who represents himself like Ravens' Lemur gets in trouble with tampering.

And why is Tom Brady not being fined / suspended, he went a long with the tampering knowingly for two seasons and never said a word about it, that guy must have a big collection of knee pads at hand when he visits Rodger…,

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They did basically confirm the comment about $100,000 per loss but either think or are pretending it was joke, either way they're saying to cut that ***** out and you shouldn't even joke like that.

Yes, as I said, unfounded. The Dolphins are not being punished for any comments or actions to 'intentionally lose'. They are being punished for negotiating with players/coaches who were under contract with other teams without permission. 

I'm not saying they haven't instructed owners to avoid such jokes, but I'd be interested in how punishing a team for something else entirely says that exactly though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.