NFL Suspends Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17th, 2022 after investigation. Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

That is my thought. Granted he didn't sign. But there seems to be "numerous" conversations between the parties spanning a couple of years. At what point is he culpable. 

Has a player ever been punished for tampering? Or is that "the onus is on the team" thing?

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm still waiting to see if the NFL appeals the Watson ruling and allows Goodell to hand down his own suspension.  They are not obligated to accept that ruling.

I wasn't sure if they would. I thought they should. Watson is a scum bag and 6 games is a terrible look. But I wasn't sure Goodell wanted this incident to be the first time he pulls this tool out of his tool box.

I think they might now...

Some of the criticism has been that the league protects their own and is lenient on owners. A full year suspension and losing a first is a lot. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Has a player ever been punished for tampering? Or is that "the onus is on the team" thing?

I can maybe get behind not including the player. But there should  be a very major fine for agents who participate in these conversations as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“This investigation is wonderful and has cleared us of tanking…stick a fork in that Mr Brian Flores. This investigation also is wrong on the tampering thing … so basically, I just negated any credibility about this entire investigation. But hey let’s move on.” - sincerely Stephen Ross

Hopefully this is foreshadowing a harsher punishment for Watson given the timing here.

Also in regards to the Dolphins talk about a major momentum blow given all the hype coming of South Florida in recent weeks.

They better hope Tua takes a big step or losing valuable draft capital could really hurt them next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.