NFL Suspends Dolphins owner Stephen Ross until October 17th, 2022 after investigation. Dolphins forfeit 2023 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think Roger Goodell should be a vigilante Supreme Court Justice who goes after people the legal system can't convict.

He absolutely can appeal the verdict by the judge and then has the right to impose whatever punishment he deems appropriate for Watson. Will he?  I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Amazingly this doesn't even involve the tanking allegations in Flores's lawsuit - that could be the other shoe... it's a two-horse race between Snyder and Ross as to who gets booted out of the league first.

It does in part...

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

He absolutely can appeal the verdict by the judge and then has the right to impose whatever punishment he deems appropriate for Watson. Will he?  I doubt it.

It does in part...

I think he should go after everyone. Sign OJ to a corporate job and then ban him for life from the NFL. Call him, Vigilante Roger!

1 minute ago, mrags said:

This 100%. Helps bring all the heat off them for that one. 

I'm still waiting to see if the NFL appeals the Watson ruling and allows Goodell to hand down his own suspension.  They are not obligated to accept that ruling.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I'm still waiting to see if the NFL appeals the Watson ruling and allows Goodell to hand down his own suspension.  They are not obligated to accept that ruling.

I don’t believe for one minute they will do that. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Holy crap, is this true?  If so, Bravo for the NFL. But shouldn't Ross really be forced to sell the franchise?

Note: they found the claims about losing intentionally were unfounded. In that investigation, they found tampering with Payton/Brady which is not a 'sell the franchise' offense. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Meaning they generally don’t punish their own…. Or at least have not done so historically.

I suppose this is a unique instance in that that is indisuptabale that Ross was heavily involved.

For other cases, Spygate etc, the owners could claim to not know. I don't think Ross can.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.