Training Camp practice 8/2

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Just curious... how do we know josh had already asked him to lay off? Something I missed?

I really don't think any of this will be a big deal, but surprising to hear. Not a smart move, but hoping Phillips is extra motivated and has a chip on his shoulder from arz, the way he had one coming from mia

There were reports that earlier in practice JP had made contact with Keenum and Josh pulled him aside and told him to back off.

More than anything I think this is a tough roster to make at the moment, so low end guys like Phillips show up with much more stress than usual. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

True, we have a mostly unfit population, if you are around my age, 64, there were very few fat people to be seen out and about when we were growing up, nowadays many children, teens, young  and middle age adults, are to me shockingly overweight and unfit, yet we all know the solution, it is the balance of calories in calories out, all food/drink calories, regardless of origin, not burned by being alive or through activity, are stored in one’s body as fat, yet folk love to pretend otherwise…,  being reasonably active/fit, and eating a reasonably good diet is the only way to live an active life into one’s inevitable old age… 

Add in the fact there is a pizza wings, sub shop on every corner in WNY, A few generations now have lived this reality.

When I was growing up it was a large and small pizza a bucket of wings almost every weekend.

Then if I went to B-Day party or Boy scouts or any other event the odds are there was going to be pizza and wings there.

Add in that I would go out for Burgers and fries often in between I'm lucky I'm just a type 2 diabetic.

I have refined my diet quite well since being diagnosed, but I should of seen it coming. 3 of my 4 Grandparents were type 2 diabetics who had complications. I did learn a lot of what not to do watching them.

Too many carbs with saturated fats is a killer, and that's what the American / Western Diet is. Pizza and Wings, Burgers and Fries etc...

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

There were reports that earlier in practice JP had made contact with Keenum and Josh pulled him aside and told him to back off.

More than anything I think this is a tough roster to make at the moment, so low end guys like Phillips show up with much more stress than usual. 

I agree 100%, don’t put anything extra on the guy in red, however, did you see the “hit” from the second angle? The first angle wasn’t as clear, so I couldn’t see how much of a shoulder Jordan gave him, but the 2nd angle showed a “much ado about nothing,” tap, even for the guy in red.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Saffold has been banged up, struggles in pass protection, and has fallen off a bit the past couple years so I was hoping for someone younger and better to really solidify the unit inside….like an Andrew Norwell and I was hoping for better competition at RT than Quessenberry who sucked in pass protection last season when he played.… either way, I would’ve prioritized it more than the defensive line. A strong offensive line and keeping Josh upright is more imperative to their success than is a strong 8 man defensive line rotation IMO. 

Peters is still out there, maybe they bring him in if things turn bad to start the season and he’s still available and willing. 

The results of last playoff game show different. Josh was upright and succeeding, defense on the other hand…not so much getting home to Pat. 

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You could tell he was going to be. I even said the instincts oozed from him when drafted. The mental speed is a breath of fresh air. 

Bernard is the complete opposite of Edmunds in every way. Edmunds had great size and testing, but questionable instincts. Bernard is tiny, but has amazing instincts. I think Bernard could be a steal with the upside of guys like Lavonte David or Demario Davis.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Against opponents I expect it. Not a teammate, much less a friend and mentor.

Dude, these are Alpha males.  Once the pads go on, they're competitors.  Phillips is gonna push the boundaries a bit to say "I'm right here.  I'm right in your face.  I woulda had you" and Allen is going to respond "Late hit, Have this!"

It's not surprising to me,  but You do You.  And they've had what, 3 seasons apart since Phillips was there every day?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well yeah, that tends to happen when you listen to Sinatra. 

@Robb Riddick was speaking to Zach Wilson being popular with the aged population..... especially the aged female population....especially his moms best friend....especially when his girlfriend finds them in bed and leaves him for his former best friend....dots connected for ya....

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Bernard is the complete opposite of Edmunds in every way. Edmunds had great size and testing, but questionable instincts. Bernard is tiny, tested poorly, but has amazing instincts. I think Bernard could be a steal with the upside of guys like Lavonte David or Demario Davis.

Actually Bernard tested extremely well in terms of athleticism, even better than Milano. His size was his only hindrance. 

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21084

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

You could tell he was going to be. I even said the instincts oozed from him when drafted. The mental speed is a breath of fresh air. 

Agreed, I know a lot of people were upset by the pick, but I truly believe a player like him is the answer to the crazy good tight ends in the league now like Andrews and Gisicki. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.