Mitch Trubisky talks about his time in Buffalo. Interesting Read.

Protocal69

13 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

Well not so mighty actually. Yesterday’s performance v Pats was brutal. Simply refused to throw the ball downfield. This despite the fact Pats defense was jumping all the short routes. How can this guy sit behind Josh Allen for an ENTIRE year, be handed a starting QB job, and then go an entire game without throwing one pass downfield?  And almost as bad, Steelers ran a number of RPOs and NOT once did Mighty Mitch keep the ball & run himself. And he is a talented runner. By the third quarter the Pats simply ignored the threat of a QB run on the RPO plays. Again, Mitch sat behind Josh Allen for an entire year, and the threat & weapon of a QB running failed to sink in. This was as bad and cowardly a QB performance as I have ever witnessed.

I had optimistic expectations for Mitch.  I thought he was going to surprise some people in Pitt this year and be a pretty solid player.  I am rooting for his success.

But after watch a game and a half of him play, I was saying at halftime they need to pull him and put in Pickett because I had bet on the Steelers to win that game and I no longer believe Mitch gave them the best chance to win that game.  

I would love to see Mitch have a great season there, but honestly, if I am Pitt, I haven't seen anything from Mitch that makes me think Pickett couldn't at the very least replicate those 2 games.  And as an organization, I think I make the move now.  This offense has been anemic with Mitch at the helm two straight weeks and he didn't exactly beat the rookie out and separate himself from Pickett in the preseason either.  He got the job solely on veteran default because they played pretty much the same.  

I won't be surprised if that was Mitch's last start of the year. I'd say he has 1 more week max to show something. So far, he's looked worse than every single one of the supposed bottom tier QBs: Geno Smith, Mariota, Brissett, Davis Mills, Mac Jones, Flacco- even Cooper Rush.

28 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

Well not so mighty actually. Yesterday’s performance v Pats was brutal. Simply refused to throw the ball downfield. This despite the fact Pats defense was jumping all the short routes. How can this guy sit behind Josh Allen for an ENTIRE year, be handed a starting QB job, and then go an entire game without throwing one pass downfield?  And almost as bad, Steelers ran a number of RPOs and NOT once did Mighty Mitch keep the ball & run himself. And he is a talented runner. By the third quarter the Pats simply ignored the threat of a QB run on the RPO plays. Again, Mitch sat behind Josh Allen for an entire year, and the threat & weapon of a QB running failed to sink in. This was as bad and cowardly a QB performance as I have ever witnessed.

It’s simple.. He’s not good.  Never was 

26 minutes ago, zevo said:

what is the point of not playing pickett? it makes me question Tomlin as a coach

Seems likely to me that Pickett starts week 4 against the Jets (and maybe gets some playing time next week if Mitch is horrendous again). But yeah...feels like he's probably been their best option from Day 1.

42 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

In his defense he's faced to good teams so far, especially the Pats and Belichik's defense.

But if he can't go into Cleveland and beat a Jacoby Brisset led team he's probably done as an NFL starter in this league.

You think the Patriots are good?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 947 said:

I won't be surprised if that was Mitch's last start of the year. I'd say he has 1 more week max to show something. So far, he's looked worse than every single one of the supposed bottom tier QBs: Geno Smith, Mariota, Brissett, Davis Mills, Mac Jones, Flacco- even Cooper Rush.

I think they give him one more start and if he doesn’t catch fire then he is done.

Sidenote: Flacco and Cooper Rush have even looked like top half QBs so far. Small sample size be damned. 

36 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You think the Patriots are good?  

Yes they are. Not sure they are at the level of the Dolphins or Bills yet but people seem to forget this was a WC team last year behind a rookie QB and #1 seed in AFC at one point in December.

And yesterday I felt the Pats showed a similar formula as the team from last year.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

In his defense he's faced to good teams so far, especially the Pats and Belichik's defense.

But if he can't go into Cleveland and beat a Jacoby Brisset led team he's probably done as an NFL starter in this league.

Mitch is who he's always been.  I cannot believe the Bears traded up to get him, passing on Mahomes and Watson.  Oof.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.