Mitch Trubisky talks about his time in Buffalo. Interesting Read.

Protocal69

1 hour ago, WIDE LEFT said:

Well not so mighty actually. Yesterday’s performance v Pats was brutal. Simply refused to throw the ball downfield. This despite the fact Pats defense was jumping all the short routes. How can this guy sit behind Josh Allen for an ENTIRE year, be handed a starting QB job, and then go an entire game without throwing one pass downfield?  And almost as bad, Steelers ran a number of RPOs and NOT once did Mighty Mitch keep the ball & run himself. And he is a talented runner. By the third quarter the Pats simply ignored the threat of a QB run on the RPO plays. Again, Mitch sat behind Josh Allen for an entire year, and the threat & weapon of a QB running failed to sink in. This was as bad and cowardly a QB performance as I have ever witnessed.

Based on comments after week 1, I think this is a coaching decision more than a Trubisky decision.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34591576/mitch-trubisky-says-pittsburgh-steelers-offense-needs-killer-mindset

"When our defense gets turnovers, we need to turn those into points," Trubisky said. "That's my mindset. And that's what we're thinking about when we get the ball taken away, we've got to turn it into touchdowns and not just field goals."

"With downfield throwing comes the potential of negativity and turning the ball over," Tomlin said.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes they are. Not sure they are at the level of the Dolphins or Bills yet but people seem to forget this was a WC team last year behind a rookie QB and #1 seed in AFC at one point in December.

And yesterday I felt the Pats showed a similar formula as the team from last year.

Really?  I watched both of their games and they didn’t look good.  The offense looks bad, but the defense is good enough to keep them in games.  They barely beat a bad Pittsburgh team yesterday.  Let’s be honest.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Really?  I watched both of their games and they didn’t look good.  The offense looks bad, but the defense is good enough to keep them in games.  They barely beat a bad Pittsburgh team yesterday.  Let’s be honest.

I don't think Pittsburgh is necessarily a bad team but they are going to struggle without TJ Watt holding the defense together and this might finally be the year that Tomlin has a losing season.

Patriots didn't look so great week one because they faced an a serious contender in Miami where they always have struggled anyway even when Brady played down there.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't think Pittsburgh is necessarily a bad team but they are going to struggle without TJ Watt holding the defense together and this might finally be the year that Tomlin has a losing season.

Patriots didn't look so great week one because they faced an a serious contender in Miami where they always have struggled anyway even when Brady played down there.

Pittsburgh is NOT a good team, even with TJ Watt.

They have a tough early slate the Steelers. Mitch is the sacrifical lamb before they turn it over to Kenny when the games lighten up down the stretch so he goes into year 2 with some momentum and optimism. 

Tale as old as time.

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nah Steelers sans TJ are flat out bad. Patriots are bad. Miami is a playoff team. Said that all before the season. Haven't changed my view one iota.

Pitt let me down yesterday. I was rooting for Trubisky to succeed there, but it really doesn't look like he has it, and the fans there are already clamoring for Pickett.

He had some opportunities to win that game in the 4th.  The muffed punt was unfortunate, but the Steelers were the better team yesterday and should have still pulled it out.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:09 PM, Don Otreply said:

Or Mitch smartly didn’t want to play in a Giants organization that will likely take three seasons to become competitive league wide…, Steelers or Giants, given the choice, The Steelers all day every day, 

As far as offensive talent, they're pretty even.  As far as the organization goes...I can't speak to that.

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Something I just don't understand. Since Bills are on tomorrow night, decided to watch Giants today and once again, it's apparent that Daniel Jones is "unaware" and has a "weak" arm. Although not as necessary as Buffalo, the wind and weather in MetLife stadium calls for a QB with a strong arm. The decision making on Daniel Jone sport is terrible as well, hasn't improved since Duke. Lucky for them that interception was dropped or they would've lost. The guy is a weak link on that offence. Seems as if Daboll has that team disciplined and playing as a team but hard to buy that he won't try and get rid of Daniel Jones for an upgrade. Not surprised NY Giants tried hard to sign Mitch Trubisky. 

Yes, I watched a portion of the Giants game, too.  Jones is serviceable, but certainly is not a top-10 type of QB.

I watched the whole game yesterday and I couldn't talk myself out of the thought that Trubisky looks worse now than he did when he was a Bear. He made a couple of nice throws but generally doesn't seem to have very much arm talent, and he just stares down/telegraphs his intended targets over and over. Diontae Johnson was running wide open all afternoon and Trubisky just wouldn't/couldn't get him the ball.

I'm not sure he gets a chance to take another snap in this league if he doesn't do a 180 quick. If I'm Tomlin, Pickett gets the nod next week.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.