Mitch Trubisky talks about his time in Buffalo. Interesting Read.

Protocal69

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

I watched much of that game, and it was just painful to watch the Steelers offense. No ability to get the ball downfield. A lot of that was Mitch, but their receivers are not helping him at all.

Offensive gameplan is highly suspect. You have a QB that can move and he's standing still in shotgun like he's the mummified remains of Roethlisberger.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/1/2022 at 7:14 PM, ChasBB said:

The Giants seem fairly high on Daniel Jones progressing.  Trubisky probably wanted a situation where there would be more of a real competition for a starting job instead of having to take a back seat yet again.  I could be wrong - just my opinion.

Something I just don't understand. Since Bills are on tomorrow night, decided to watch Giants today and once again, it's apparent that Daniel Jones is "unaware" and has a "weak" arm. Although not as necessary as Buffalo, the wind and weather in MetLife stadium calls for a QB with a strong arm. The decision making on Daniel Jone sport is terrible as well, hasn't improved since Duke. Lucky for them that interception was dropped or they would've lost. The guy is a weak link on that offence. Seems as if Daboll has that team disciplined and playing as a team but hard to buy that he won't try and get rid of Daniel Jones for an upgrade. Not surprised NY Giants tried hard to sign Mitch Trubisky. 

25 minutes ago, babulator said:

Mitch did not look great yesterday. Fans were already calling for Picket. My guess says he'll be in by week 5 immediately after they lose to the Bills :P

He looked not great against Cincy as well.

I expect they are allowing him to play himself out of the job and are dying for the chance to give the ball to Pickett since he outplayed Trubisky in the preseason and camp from all accounts I heard.  They likely don't want to look bad by giving him that contract to be their starter and then immediately hand the team to a rookie.

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mitch is a nice dude but an awful qb. It blows my mind that some GM thought he was better than Mahomes or Watson (pre massages).  He is awful. 

What is mind blowing is how a QB can be so bad and still get paid a ton of money...not sure if there is another position where the dropoff in talent is so stark between a starter and a backup. Sometimes you have your 4th or 5th DB or OL or LB playing and don't see a huge difference in play. The dropoff between starter and backup at QB is like falling off a cliff usually.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, babulator said:

Mitch did not look great yesterday. Fans were already calling for Picket. My guess says he'll be in by week 5 immediately after they lose to the Bills :P

They play Cleveland on Thursday night, so the long week may have them do it before week 4.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He looked not great against Cincy as well.

I expect they are allowing him to play himself out of the job and are dying for the chance to give the ball to Pickett since he outplayed Trubisky in the preseason and camp from all accounts I heard.  They likely don't want to look bad by giving him that contract to be their starter and then immediately hand the team to a rookie.

What is mind blowing is how a QB can be so bad and still get paid a ton of money...not sure if there is another position where the dropoff in talent is so stark between a starter and a backup. Sometimes you have your 4th or 5th DB or OL or LB playing and don't see a huge difference in play. The dropoff between starter and backup at QB is like falling off a cliff usually.

Daniel, Chase. A qb has one good game, they are collecting a paycheck for 10 years. Any other position has a bad game, their career could be over. 

Well not so mighty actually. Yesterday’s performance v Pats was brutal. Simply refused to throw the ball downfield. This despite the fact Pats defense was jumping all the short routes. How can this guy sit behind Josh Allen for an ENTIRE year, be handed a starting QB job, and then go an entire game without throwing one pass downfield?  And almost as bad, Steelers ran a number of RPOs and NOT once did Mighty Mitch keep the ball & run himself. And he is a talented runner. By the third quarter the Pats simply ignored the threat of a QB run on the RPO plays. Again, Mitch sat behind Josh Allen for an entire year, and the threat & weapon of a QB running failed to sink in. This was as bad and cowardly a QB performance as I have ever witnessed.

1 minute ago, WIDE LEFT said:

Well not so mighty actually. Yesterday’s performance v Pats was brutal. Simply refused to throw the ball downfield. This despite the fact Pats defense was jumping all the short routes. How can this guy sit behind Josh Allen for an ENTIRE year, be handed a starting QB job, and then go an entire game without throwing one pass downfield?  And almost as bad, Steelers ran a number of RPOs and NOT once did Mighty Mitch keep the ball & run himself. And he is a talented runner. By the third quarter the Pats simply ignored the threat of a QB run on the RPO plays. Again, Mitch sat behind Josh Allen for an entire year, and the threat & weapon of a QB running failed to sink in. This was as bad and cowardly a QB performance as I have ever witnessed.

In his defense he's faced to good teams so far, especially the Pats and Belichik's defense.

But if he can't go into Cleveland and beat a Jacoby Brisset led team he's probably done as an NFL starter in this league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

From what I was reading a lot of the blame is being hurled at Matt Canada, the OC for the plays being designed as Chase Claypool basically said " All we can do is execute the plays that are being called" as if they are not happy with what they are trying to do on offense.

• Agree 1

Just now, zevo said:

what is the point of not playing pickett? it makes me question Tomlin as a coach

The guy has never had a losing season and you are going to question him as a coach?

I never got the rush to play young qbs early. To crush their confidence if they struggle which most young qbs do? Also, if Pickett sucked and got benched, it would be hard to go back to him. This way if they have to bench Mitch, they can give the job to Pickett without a chance of him losing the job again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

You let Trubisky hang himself then switch to Pickett so if Pickett struggles there’s no QB controversy.

Bills did the same thing with Allen and Peterman

Yeah, I just said the same thing. It seems pretty straightforward and it would be dumb to do it the other way 

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

Whether it’s Mitch or many other starters in the league, the arm strength is visibly much less than our own Josh and the other elite QBs in the league.  I was holding my breath on every out pattern Mitch threw yesterday, waiting for a pick 6.

Yeah maybe teams shouldn’t draft a guy that high after one year of college production with very average tools.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

In his defense he's faced to good teams so far, especially the Pats and Belichik's defense.

But if he can't go into Cleveland and beat a Jacoby Brisset led team he's probably done as an NFL starter in this league.

Yeah, as a Bills fan, I would hate to face a current Bill Belichick defense.. 

But agree that it’s time he stepped up and showed some talent… and would be in full support of him doing that against the Browns. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.