Mitch Trubisky talks about his time in Buffalo. Interesting Read.

Protocal69

8 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

And like I said before, it's easy to feel that way until the new QB you have stinks up the place and you start losing because of it.  Ready to move on? Sure. Ready to deal with a full season of Duck Hodges like performances? Probably not. One thing that fanbase is is spoiled. It won't take long for the knives to come out for any new QB, particularly with a popular high draft pick waiting in the wings, which was my point.

Your point is that Steeler fans are all spoiled idiots oblivious to the difficulty of finding a franchise QB, which I am here to tell you many are not.  There's plenty that understand the lean times ahead but delaying it on a washed up Ben was more unacceptable.  I can respect that.

8 hours ago, Simon said:

Suggesting that Trubisky is a minimally better option than the last we saw of Roethlisberger, a rookie or Mason Rudolph is hardly conferring "legend" status upon him.

His legend here began not with your post, but as soon as he was signed.  Prior to that, few if any had much good to say about the guy. After that, posters were suggesting the Bills could easily win half their games with him is Josh missed 8 or more games. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His legend here began not with your post, but as soon as he was signed.  Prior to that, few if any had much good to say about the guy. After that, posters were suggesting the Bills could easily win half their games with him is Josh missed 8 or more games. 

In that case, suggesting a guy could be a .500 quarterback with a very good roster around him is hardly conferring "legend" status upon him.

43 minutes ago, Simon said:

In that case, suggesting a guy could be a .500 quarterback with a very good roster around him is hardly conferring "legend" status upon him.

He's not a good QB.  The best QB in the NFL won 11 of 17 games with that roster around him.  There was an 8 game stretch around the bye where the Bills won 3.

10 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think Dabs had a lot to do with Allen's maturation as a QB.  But I also think, where Allen is now, he'll be fine with Dorsey.  

True enough, but Dabs had one hell of a student in Josh Allen, now Dabol gets to work with Daniel Jones, I’m thinking Jones is a much harder reclamation job, I think Dabol’s stock drops a bit after this up coming season, could be wrong but I don’t think so, 

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They saw what happened to the Panthers with Darnold.  It was a no brainer decision as it's a "win win" for them.  Either they find their franchise QB in Jones or they draft one next year in a QB rich draft.

I'm interested to see how he performs in Canada's offensive scheme as a slow Big Ben and a poor offensive line limited the playbook.

it can be a win if Jones pans out, (unlikely imo) but in not picking up his option says they are certainly not sold on the guy. If Jones doesn’t pan out they in effect have a wasted season and have to start from scratch at QB,  drafting one  is no guarantee when it comes to QBs. 

One would like to think that Canada will shape his scheme a bit to accommodate MTs skill set, of course we shall see. 

Edited by Don Otreply

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Yep, especially considering he went 29-21 in Chicago with a worse roster. It's definitely not an inflated opinion of the guy to imagine he could go .500 with the Bills.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

This just shows me what a bad coach Nagy was. The fact the Bears let him work with Fields for a year was incredibly stupid. If you decide your done with a guy, be done 

I still think Adam Gase/Urban Meyer are tied for GOAT dumpster fire modern era coaches, but Nagy is right up there. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Well, being that the Giants new GM, didn’t pick up his fifth year option, I’m not so certain they are “high” on him, Jones had better turn his game around or he will be looking for new employment as a backup somewhere, jmo.

Daboll gave a press conference where he basically said he's told Jones to suck in camp so far so the defense can get good practice reps so it seems to be going really well.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:39 AM, Don Otreply said:

Or Mitch smartly didn’t want to play in a Giants organization that will likely take three seasons to become competitive league wide…, Steelers or Giants, given the choice, The Steelers all day every day, 

Plus Pittsburgh has some real good WRs and a TE

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, eball said:

You know what I took from that article?

Josh is the f***ing bomb!

(not that I didn’t already know that)

Wishing Mitch luck in Pittsburgh, except for when the Squealers visit Buffalo.

Agreed - the main thing that I took away from that was that the success Josh had was due to  “[Brian] Daboll and [Ken] Dorsey allowed Josh the freedom, if something else is there, to improvise, and make plays and basically play free,” and "they allow Josh to go out there and play his game"  Ie - a lot of the success Josh had was him analyzing things real time and making decisions - sometimes beyond what the normal rules/progressions called for.  In a lot of ways it's saying Josh is even better than most people think he is - not only the physical attributes everyone sees, but the mental aspects most probably don't (yet) realize - or probably give enough credit for.  It's remarkable really when you put the two together.  It's like the opposite of a system QB - the system is think and act freely outside the box of the system.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 8:52 PM, Simon said:

Despite the media's insistence on pushing another narrative, Stiller fans were done with Roethlisberger well before he retired and following him is not likely to be an issue in the short term. They also seem to recognize that Pickett is likely nothing but the #3 guy this year. 

Mitch is competing with Mason Rudolph for the starting spot and will likely beat him out.

imo, Trubisky's biggest worry is probably surviving behind an abysmal offensive line.

Game 2 and the chants for Pickett have started in the stadium.

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Game 2 and the chants for Pickett have started in the stadium.

I don't know that anybody imagined that Pickett would look that comfortable all through the preseason. :o

I kinda figured P'burgh would have to get to 3-4 or so before that many folks actually wanted to see a rookie on the field.

I watched much of that game, and it was just painful to watch the Steelers offense. No ability to get the ball downfield. A lot of that was Mitch, but their receivers are not helping him at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.