Mitch Trubisky talks about his time in Buffalo. Interesting Read.

Protocal69

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I would argue that if Trubisky truly did turn the corner that Daboll would have brought him with him to the Giants.

People forget that free agents have to agree to sign with a team.  Every year we get threads about "why didn't we just get this guy" like they were a dollar bill sitting in the street to be scooped up.

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

I've lived in Western PA for most of the last 30 years.

And Tomlin has already said that every QB will be running with every group and that the rotation means nothing.

Ben's game had been disintegrating before our eyes for years and he was downright awful last season. Nobody wanted him back and I seriously doubt that any comparisons to Roethlisberger will carry any weight outside of people who want to sell newspapers.

Ben is a Steelers' legend. But the past 2-3 years he was barely hanging on. Steeler fans know that--at least the smart ones. He'll be given a good opportunity by the fans.

If he can survive their OL Mitch might have a chance to be a fairly decent QB. IMO he's a far better bet than Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I would argue that if Trubisky truly did turn the corner that Daboll would have brought him with him to the Giants.

I don’t get the negativity?  It seems fair to say that if Daboll loved Trubisky, he’d be a giant….

why not?

seems like a gimme to me…

7 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I don’t get the negativity?  It seems fair to say that if Daboll loved Trubisky, he’d be a giant….

why not?

seems like a gimme to me…

Because as I said, Mitch has to agree to go there.  Others have said Daboll did try to sign him.

36 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Tell that to the many Steeler fans I know.  Also, it's easier to say that now. If the team struggles because of QB play it will become more of a problem.  Pickett is also already taking reps with the 2s.

I probably don't know as many as you but the ones I know were more than ready to move on from Ben.  2 years ago.

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Ben is a Steelers' legend. But the past 2-3 years he was barely hanging on. Steeler fans know that--at least the smart ones. He'll be given a good opportunity by the fans.

If he can survive their OL Mitch might have a chance to be a fairly decent QB. IMO he's a far better bet than Mayfield.

The relative inattention to the QB position for BenR's successor is surprising for an organization as well run as the Steelers. As with any team privileged to have a long time franchise QB, the time to draft a potential replacement is a couple of years before the starter's projected decline. if the incumbent plays on for much longer than expected, trade the young gun. If the oldie's performance drops off too fast, you have already got a trainee. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, The Dean said:

2 years ago, the decaying Ben had a better season than Trubisky ever had.  

Trubisky's legend here began with the cup of coffee he had in Buffalo...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think we are going to learn a lot about how valuable (or invaluable) Daboll was to JA17's development and this offense in the coming months.

Because if Allen has any type of regression it will be easy to say it's because of Daboll's absence. Conversely if Daboll makes Daniel Jones look decent and the Giants surprise people this year he'll be considered a genius.

Josh made Daboll.  This will be evident shortly. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I probably don't know as many as you but the ones I know were more than ready to move on from Ben.  2 years ago.

And like I said before, it's easy to feel that way until the new QB you have stinks up the place and you start losing because of it.  Ready to move on? Sure. Ready to deal with a full season of Duck Hodges like performances? Probably not. One thing that fanbase is is spoiled. It won't take long for the knives to come out for any new QB, particularly with a popular high draft pick waiting in the wings, which was my point.

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think your thought process is logical, but the Giants are in salary cap trouble in a big way. Also, the owner may have wanted to run the course with Jones.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

why not?

seems like a gimme to me

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Because as I said, Mitch has to agree to go there.  Others have said Daboll did try to sign him.

Apparently some people don't understand it takes BOTH sides to get a deal done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

2 years ago, the decaying Ben had a better season than Trubisky ever had.  

Trubisky's legend here began with the cup of coffee he had in Buffalo...

Suggesting that Trubisky is a minimally better option than the last we saw of Roethlisberger, a rookie or Mason Rudolph is hardly conferring "legend" status upon him.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Dabs was a product of Allen more than Allen was a product of Dabs, that and the Giants for all intent and purpose don’t have a QB, Daniel Jones Is no Josh Allen. 

I think Dabs had a lot to do with Allen's maturation as a QB.  But I also think, where Allen is now, he'll be fine with Dorsey.  

7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think Dabs had a lot to do with Allen's maturation as a QB.  But I also think, where Allen is now, he'll be fine with Dorsey.  

I think Josh's own work ethic and Jordan Palmer's offseason coaching had WAY more to do with it than Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Well, being that the Giants new GM, didn’t pick up his fifth year option, I’m not so certain they are “high” on him, Jones had better turn his game around or he will be looking for new employment as a backup somewhere, jmo.

They saw what happened to the Panthers with Darnold.  It was a no brainer decision as it's a "win win" for them.  Either they find their franchise QB in Jones or they draft one next year in a QB rich draft.

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Or Mitch smartly didn’t want to play in a Giants organization that will likely take three seasons to become competitive league wide…, Steelers or Giants, given the choice, The Steelers all day every day, 

I'm interested to see how he performs in Canada's offensive scheme as a slow Big Ben and a poor offensive line limited the playbook.

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Despite the media's insistence on pushing another narrative, Stiller fans were done with Roethlisberger well before he retired and following him is not likely to be an issue in the short term. They also seem to recognize that Pickett is likely nothing but the #3 guy this year. 

Mitch is competing with Mason Rudolph for the starting spot and will likely beat him out.

imo, Trubisky's biggest worry is probably surviving behind an abysmal offensive line.

Trubisky has at least had first hand experience playing behind a sub-par line and seeing Josh Allen adjust for it. 

Cool article, thanks for sharing. Rooting for Mitch. Chicago's kind of been a mess for awhile, and he's a still a who knows with a good attitude and mental in my book.

Regarding missing Daboll, I'm hoping that Dorsey just follows his lead but lets it fly even a little more loose since his role is new and Allen's really assuming control. Why wouldn't the Daboll philosophy persist? There's no way he takes the offense in some kind of strange new direction.

Edited by Nelius

5 hours ago, Simon said:

Despite the media's insistence on pushing another narrative, Stiller fans were done with Roethlisberger well before he retired and following him is not likely to be an issue in the short term. They also seem to recognize that Pickett is likely nothing but the #3 guy this year. 

Mitch is competing with Mason Rudolph for the starting spot and will likely beat him out.

imo, Trubisky's biggest worry is probably surviving behind an abysmal offensive line.

Yep, the Steelers are in a brutal division and it’s not an organization (or fanbase) that will accept a 4-13 rebuilding season under a rookie QB. Mitch has played in the league for five years and he’s won a lot of games.  I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t start every game that he’s healthy.

Edited by mannc

7 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

If you're Brian Daboll and the Giants, you're probably going to want to see what Daniel Jones can do in Year 4 and under them, after the investment the team spent on him. And to truly do that, you don't want him looking over his shoulder knowing that the new coach brought his own guy in. He either puts it together or (more likely) Daboll and Schoen pick their guy in next year's Draft.

And on the flip side, if you're Mitch Trubisky - would you rather go to a team to compete in the Giants or go to a team that you're going to be handed the starting job this year in the Steelers?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.