Week 1 Rams updates

YoloinOhio

How concerned is McVay that this issue will linger into the regular season?

“You could [have that concern],” McVay said. “I think that’s one of those things that we talk about where, ‘Hey, all we can do is what we can control.’ We feel like this is kind of the best approach to be able to take. Is there a possibility that that conversation occurs? Sure. But based on the medical experts and the plan in talking with Matthew, this is what we think is best.

I know we are Bills fans here, but the rose colored glasses are a bit much.  The Rams just won the Super Bowl, they are a great team.  AD is a monster and our OL is learning a new Scheme with new guys, tough match-up.  They have a top 5 WR group, with Tre being out for so long, it’s not fair to expect him to be his best, you have a rookie and Dane Jackson outside, again, tough matchup.   Let’s be real, we don’t know what this new O is going to look like, Dorsey is calling his first game.  

I expect a good game and would not be shocked if we win or lose.  The best thing we can say, we have JA and that covers a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I know we are Bills fans here, but the rose colored glasses are a bit much.  The Rams just won the Super Bowl, they are a great team.  AD is a monster and our OL is learning a new Scheme with new guys, tough match-up.  They have a top 5 WR group, with Tre being out for so long, it’s not fair to expect him to be his best, you have a rookie and Dane Jackson outside, again, tough matchup.   Let’s be real, we don’t know what this new O is going to look like, Dorsey is calling his first game.  

I expect a good game and would not be shocked if we win or lose.  The best thing we can say, we have JA and that covers a lot. 

I think you will see the starters on offense play more in the preseason than they usually do for the reasons you just mentioned. Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt in a meaningless preseason game but at the same time they need to get used to the offense (players/Dorsey calling a game) as much as possible before week 1.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

If they say he's out a few weeks it may just be arthroscopic surgery to clean up debris. That alone shouldn't prevent him from being available week 1 unless there's a more serious problem with his knee.

They also signed Allen Robinson, who has been productive despite erratic qb play in Jacksonville and Chicago.

Allen Robinson was a great signing by them.  Likely better than Van Jefferson.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Allen Robinson was a great signing by them.  Likely better than Van Jefferson.  

Likely? Robinson is an absolute beast, if there weren’t injuries taking him off the field, you are talking a top 10 WR.

• Agree 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, cle23 said:

Insight #1: Aaron Donald is good.

On 8/1/2022 at 6:23 PM, AmishRifle said:

Donald will wreck us if our O-line isn’t ready to go week 1.  Our guard situation concerns me.

Yeeeaahh... that alone is enough to concern me going into week 1. 

The team didn't do great opening against an underwhelming Steelers team last year, & TJ Watt was a big reason why. At least he isn't paired with Von Miller though 😉

• Agree 1

On 8/4/2022 at 7:37 PM, YoloinOhio said:

See guys...I know what I am talking about.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I used to get tendinitis all the time when I played baseball.  It really sucks.

You rest it for awhile and then starts feeling better….no pain.  But usually comes back a few times in the season.  It won’t ever fully go away unless you rest it for a very long time.

But with the treatments Stafford is getting, it’ll probably just nag him a lot this season but I don’t think it’ll prevent him to play.  Probably just limit throwing during practice.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:36 AM, DCofNC said:

A bit much for what?  People can wear whatever colored glasses they want.  It will have zero affect on the outcome of the game.  Promise.  

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if that’s reflecting the Stafford situation or just how the public is betting 

Both

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.