Week 1 Rams updates

YoloinOhio

If they say he's out a few weeks it may just be arthroscopic surgery to clean up debris. That alone shouldn't prevent him from being available week 1 unless there's a more serious problem with his knee.

They also signed Allen Robinson, who has been productive despite erratic qb play in Jacksonville and Chicago.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If they say he's out a few weeks it may just be arthroscopic surgery to clean up debris. That alone shouldn't prevent him from being available week 1 unless there's a more serious problem with his knee.

They also signed Allen Robinson, who has been productive despite erratic qb play in Jacksonville and Chicago.

Robinson is their WR1 on the outside. Depending on Tre availability he will get Elam or Dane. Kupp mostly plays in the slot. Jefferson is their WR3. This is a knee issue he’s been dealing with for awhile …

from yesterday —

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Kramer being formerly OL coach of Rams should have lots of insight on that team.

Let’s hope Kromer’s starting five is well enough to start and finish…

I think that, and Tre White.

If we get both, if we’re healthy overall, we’re the better team AND we have the better QB….

if our OL gives Josh that 2.5 sec free time, Josh can handle the rest and we have multiple matchups in our favor including Davis, Crowder and Knox…. We should be able to gain ground on the run too and that will keep us out of bad third downs hopefully….

This is not the Rams team that won the Super Bowl. It had a lot of losses it must make up for and the Bills are not the same team from last season either; we’re much better…. It’s not just Von either…. Our DL is new and improved…. Kaiir Elam is a huge add. You’ll see…. I think the biggest add this year for the OL is not Aaron Kromer, it is Roger Saffold. The guy is just a beast. He will be matched up vs. the great Aaron Donald and while we lose that matchup I think Roger knows what he needs help with… Hopefully theOL is healthy and we can provide Saffold with the help he needs. If we can just slow AD down, so that JA sees him coming, Josh can run away hopefully (or get rid of the ball.)  I’d take AD over VM anyway of the week. Particularly because AD is younger. But the rams retired their LT and someone has to figure out how to block VM…We win that matchup…The Rams lost two OL…. Hopefully, our DL can start the year with a big game. When I matchup the two teams like OL to OL most of the matchups are a tie I think….

But if Tre White plays and Kaiir has the camp I think he is going to have, we win secondary big time. We also win QB…easy enough, Josh is a lot better imho… all QBs need protection though and Josh is no different that’s why our OL is so key…. We have got to be healthy there…

If both teams as they are now are 100% healthy I like the Bills….

Bills - 35, Rams - 27….. I like the 8 point gap. It could be Bills 28 - Rams 20….

The Bills healthy have no real weakness. The Rams cannot say that. Plus Allen > Stafford….

I give the rams home field advantage otherwise it would be worse, imho….

The rams simply lost too many players…. And one of the good ones came to us!

List: VM, LTAndy Whitfield, NT S. Joseph, 2nd outside CB Darious Williams, R. Woods, OBJ, RG Corbett, RB Sony Michel, LB TonyReader, Plus they lost their OC and multiple position coaches…

I don’t want to hear about players the Bills lost, or our OC and coaches, the rams have it worse. The Bills are clearly a better team this year while the rams are clearly worse off…. Even withBobby Wagner…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

If we get both, if we’re healthy overall, we’re the better team AND we have the better QB….

if our OL gives Josh that 2.5 sec free time, Josh can handle the rest and we have multiple matchups in our favor including Davis, Crowder and Knox…. We should be able to gain ground on the run too and that will keep us out of bad third downs hopefully….

This is not the Rams team that won the Super Bowl. It had a lot of losses it must make up for and the Bills are not the same team from last season either; we’re much better…. It’s not just Von either…. Our DL is new and improved…. Kaiir Elam is a huge add. You’ll see…. I think the biggest add this year for the OL is not Aaron Kromer, it is Roger Saffold. The guy is just a beast. He will be matched up vs. the great Aaron Donald and while we lose that matchup I think Roger knows what he needs help with… Hopefully theOL is healthy and we can provide Saffold with the help he needs. If we can just slow AD down, so that JA sees him coming, Josh can run away hopefully (or get rid of the ball.)  I’d take AD over VM anyway of the week. Particularly because AD is younger. But the rams retired their LT and someone has to figure out how to block VM…We win that matchup…The Rams lost two OL…. Hopefully, our DL can start the year with a big game. When I matchup the two teams like OL to OL most of the matchups are a tie I think….

But if Tre White plays and Kaiir has the camp I think he is going to have, we win secondary big time. We also win QB…easy enough, Josh is a lot better imho… all QBs need protection though and Josh is no different that’s why our OL is so key…. We have got to be healthy there…

Bills - 35, Rams - 27….. I like the 8 point gap. It could be Bills 28 - Rams 20….

The Bills healthy have no real weakness. The Rams cannot say that. Plus Allen > Stafford….

List: VM, LTAndy Whitfield, NT S. Joseph, 2nd outside CB Darious Williams, R. Woods, OBJ, RG Corbett, RB Sony Michel, LB TonyReader, Plus they lost their OC and multiple position coaches…

I don’t want to hear about players the Bills lost, or our OC and coaches, the rams have it worse. The Bills are clearly a better team this year while the rams are clearly worse off…. Even withBobby Wagner…

Bills were the better team week 1 last year too, but still came out flat. It's a road non-conference game so it is a little less important than others to follow. Still it is national spotlight and a win on the road against SB Champs would be a huge boost to start a brutal first 6 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

very balanced critique - let's not talk anything negative about Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills were the better team week 1 last year too, but still came out flat. It's a road non-conference game so it is a little less important than others to follow. Still it is national spotlight and a win on the road against SB Champs would be a huge boost to start a brutal first 6 weeks.

There is NO way the Bills come out “flat” in the NFL opener in prime time.  The difference in circumstances between this and last year’s openers is drastic.  If anyone should be concerned it is Rams fans.  I’m not at all suggesting this game is a “lock” for Buffalo but they have all the motivation in the world and an arguably better roster, led by the best QB in the league.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

it's August. The Bills are not clearly better than the Rams right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Per Gridiron database provided by @Greg S

Bills will be in the beautiful Blue over White combo.

image.png.5af68e7e9668ed03ebe80dcf5b0ebc17.pngimage.png.796075c800a5f5a788043f73b52e9b82.png

The Rams did release their entire uniform schedule for the season. Pretty obvious if the Rams want to wear white then the Bills have to be in blue. No way they were wearing the POS looking reds week one in primetime. I think the reds are only used around Thanksgiving anyway.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Per Gridiron database provided by @Greg S

Bills will be in the beautiful Blue over White combo.

image.png.5af68e7e9668ed03ebe80dcf5b0ebc17.pngimage.png.796075c800a5f5a788043f73b52e9b82.png

No one really cares. 
(says the guy who does the weekly Uniform thread)

😜

The Ewes have a new training technique.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills were not just flat.  Steelers appeared to plan all off season for Buffalo match after Bills beat down of Steelers previous time. Tomlin and Coach McD have a rivalry going.  Unfortunately for Steelers the attention to a non-AFCN opponent hurt them in rest of season.

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Bills were not just flat.  Steelers appeared to plan all off season for Buffalo match after Bills beat down of Steelers previous time. Tomlin and Coach McD have a rivalry going.  Unfortunately for Steelers the attention to a non-AFCN opponent hurt them in rest of season.

Yeah, Buffalo’s OL was destroyed by Pittsburgh pass rush and Allen was antsy all game just about… You have to protect your QB!

I hope Kromer can develop some backups out of thin air really… We have Quessenberry who is absolutely our 6th man this year … I hope he watching Thursday night though…. Our five starters are very good when healthy…. We have to get them healthy…. While we have a lot of time, I’d like the starters together for about two weeks and for them to get a little practice in the panthers game.

Last year we’ve seen Allen poorly protected and saw the results and we’ve seen him well-protected and saw the results…. We need to protect Allen.

Maybe Kromer can work with Doyle to be the 7th OL? I think he’s strictly a RT only…. And Dion Dawkins is our #1 guy in our list of players who cannot get hurt not counting Josh… Dion has no backup.

Next is Diggs but that’s a different story. But right now, we don’t know who is Stefon’s primary backup. Is it Shakir? I sure hope he can win that job…. We need him too… We need a guy that can rest both Davis and Diggs (luckily,  not at the same time!)

IDK about our secondary the first six weeks. Kaiir will be raw. Tre will be too….How do we overcome that?  Elam has to play and take his lumps. Tre has to play and take his lumps…. All seven of our first seven opponents are pretty damn good. It’s going to be tough…

59 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The Bills last year came into week 1 looking a little too hyped on their own praise and the play week 1 showed it. They got it together through the weeks up and through the KC game. After the TEN loss they looked a team expecting to coast for a bit which bit them hard. Finally from 2nd half of Bucs on they looked like the team everyone expected from week 1.

This year at least through training camp they are taking nothing for granted and grinding on both sides for everything. I think the manner in which they lost to KC also has this team playing with an axe to grind in way they almost couldn't last year. It remains to be seen if that carries to the regular season we and the team hope for, but I honestly wasn't surprised week 1 when they blew it last year and were up and down a bunch as the level of praise on the team created a bit of an entitled bunch. The expectations and praise are similar this year but the attitude is visibly different across the board.

Edited by corta765
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.