Training Camp practice 8/1

YoloinOhio

Well, I've got to admit that I was a few beats away from a serious anxiety attack, thinking that the Bills could start the season, and maybe play a lot of it, without Dawkins, Saffold, Bates, and Brown available.   I mean, really, what a horrible thought.  I needed to see the list of available O-linemen growing, not shrinking.   

Just getting Dawkins back changes the picture.  Now, we're anchored.  Saffold, of course, is just a matter of time.   Brown is the remaining big question.   Is he also just a matter of time, or will the back be a chronic problem?   

Five weeks plus to go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Rumblings that Moss is looking good and could carve out a role on this team under Dorsey? He would bring tough running to the table if he is back to normal again.

Singletary seemed to suggest he was never right last year after ankle surgery late the previous year and he finally is back to normal now.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4

54 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

First time hearing Edmunds’s name in camp, since the rookie reports of him towering over his fellow defensive players…

…Just poking the fire, I hope he balls out this year!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

First time hearing Edmunds’s name in camp, since the rookie reports of him towering over his fellow defensive players…

…Just poking the fire, I hope he balls out this year!

On the other end…we haven’t heard any bad things either. No news is good news with edmunds. He’s solid, just not the game changer they thought they were drafting

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Up until a few days ago, I could click on links and read the story without having a Twitter account. It seems now I'm always asked to log in or sign up. Are others seeing the same thing?

Yeah its been happening to me for a year. All I do is select login then cancel and the login crap goes away for that session

• Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m amazed that They are ok with the depth they have there… especially how last season went with the offensive line nearly blowing up their season. 

Good thing they got that 9 man defensive line rotation though.😏

Good thing you’re here to say the same thing in every post.

• Haha (+1) 17

46 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I've got to admit that I was a few beats away from a serious anxiety attack, thinking that the Bills could start the season, and maybe play a lot of it, without Dawkins, Saffold, Bates, and Brown available.   I mean, really, what a horrible thought.  I needed to see the list of available O-linemen growing, not shrinking.   

Just getting Dawkins back changes the picture.  Now, we're anchored.  Saffold, of course, is just a matter of time.   Brown is the remaining big question.   Is he also just a matter of time, or will the back be a chronic problem?   

Five weeks plus to go. 

I’m still not over the anxious feeling yet until we get Saffold and Brown back into the lineup. I would just love to see them get some playing time ( the starting five together) before we roll in La. I hope all is well with Dion and won’t miss any more time. 

Josh is Superman out there but I don’t need him taking unnecessary shots having to make up for missing guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Re: The OL..  Any team missing a bunch of starters is going to struggle.  

Aside from them drafting a guy like Parham on Day 2... What did people want us to do?

Kromer/FO obviously didn't want Parham.  He was there for the taking and we took a LB.  We could've gone OL in RD1 or Rd2 and went CB/RB.  I can't say I have an issue with either Elam or Cook in those spots. 

I'm very comfortable with Dawkins - Saffold - Morse - Bates. 

You can't predict a guy will get in a car accident. 

In terms of depth, who are these teams that have better depth OL than the Bills?... Quessenberry looks like OL6 backing up OT and OG positions.  Then we have Mancz and Ford as vets who likely make the team as experienced depth, along with Doyle as the developmental Tackle.

Which brings us to Spencer Brown.  I too am getting concerned about his recovery.  On paper, this is a middle of the pack OL.  The potential to be better than average relies upon Bates showing he's legit as a full season starter and Spencer Brown making the jump in his second year.  

Kromer can only do so much if we are playing musical chairs all year with Spencer Brown.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Singletary seemed to suggest he was never right last year after ankle surgery late the previous year and he finally is back to normal now.

A bunch of us suggested that, and I believe Beane himself confirmed it.  Last year was a wash for Moss.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.