YoloinOhio

Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mrs. Robinson
Deshaun loves you more than you will know
Whoa, whoa, whoa
God bless you, please, Mrs. Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who play
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

The announcement of this incredibly light sentence justified it on the grounds that it's in line with similar sentences.  Sure, ask Gruden about that.  Or any player caught having smoked nearly-harmless weed.   You're coo coo indeed, Mrs. Robinson. 

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i read the decision and agree.

I don’t think her “no fair notice” finding holds up when you have someone who has engaged in unprecedented behavior— which is a pattern of sexual conduct involving four different victims. It is unprecedented if you consider just the 4 victims, let alone the 66 possible victims. 

she says the prior punishments for non-violent conduct have been far less (3 games max), but I am not sure going only up to 6 games really appropriately accounts for the multiple victims. 

I saw a few places put it out there as such:

"Robinson says that another player was suspended 3 games for sexual misconduct of a non-violent nature and that came after he was warned by the league after an offense."

Apparently that is the major "precedent" case they are using.  

5 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Cleveland was a team that was easy to pull for with die hard fans that endured many losing seasons.  Over the last several years, they have transformed the team to an extremely unlikable bunch with fans that are cheering for a sexual predator.  I think the transformation started with the drafting of Mayfield.  He was a cocky, immature little douche that had more success in commercials than on the field.  Instead of moving on and getting a respectable face of the franchise, they decided to bring in Watson and his 20ish sexual assault cases.  They went even further by structuring his contract in a way that allows him to dodge any real financial ramifications for his actions.  I hope the Browns have another 20 year stretch without playoffs and the Watson contract turns out to haunt them.  Haslam has shown his lack of character.

It really makes you appreciate how Buffalo has built their team into a SB contender.  They didn't sign the most repugnant players in the league, they valued character throughout the process.  They assembled a team that their fans can be proud of.  We get videos from camp showing the superstar QB giving a kid his signed cleats right off his feet and Diggs taking time to speak to a kid that recently lost his father.  Cleveland has videos of people cheering for a guy that repeatedly exposed himself to massage therapists against their will (among other horrible things).  

Well said! I think Cleveland is in desperate times trying to compete in an arms race of the young Qbs. They had their chance and failed miserably with Baker. What’s the old saying that goes something along the lines of missing on a Franchise Qb can set the team back x number of years. 

Because of this They have sold out any sort of semblance of building a team the right way. I agree that they seemed to be a fun team to root for.  They know all of this will be water under the bridge In time and Deshawn will be back and everyone will be asked to move on. but so  classy (sarcastic) seeing those fans applaud him.. maybe it’s just a small minority that end up supporting him. I don’t know. 

All the more reason Buffalo will truly be rewarded when we win a Super Bowl. We have a SuperStar Qb who has the brightest future and right now still gives the time of day to every person  that comes acorss his path. Loves the game .

And all he ever got was getting dumped on by media year after year as a guy who wouldnt amount to anything. 

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol lol nevermind. 

They gave the Browns ONE division game in the first 6 weeks and it's home vs Pittsburgh 

They already knew the outcome.

This is settled.  

What a f...ing sham.  

Cleveland's 1st division game last year was week 8.  

Buffalo also has 1 divisional game in the 1st 6 weeks (technically 7) as their 8th game is vs the Jets.

Edited by cle23

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting, but not surprising, that they made a point of including Dee Haslam on that. I’d never heard of her before, but you want support from the female on this one. 

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

Interesting, but not surprising, that they made a point of including Dee Haslam on that. I’d never heard of her before, but you want support from the female on this one. 

Using the word “ triggered”. Are you chitin me? Where is there PR head? What an awful to use in this situation. 

Triggered? Man , I know this guy a hell of a businessman, but holy hell he is troglodyte. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Using the word “ triggered”. Are you chitin me? Where is there PR head? What an awful to use in this situation. 

Triggered? Man , I know this guy a hell of a businessman, but holy hell he is troglodyte. 

Yeah, not a good choice of words in my opinion. I was just pointing out that I had no idea there was a Dee Haslam until I read that statement. NOW is the time they chose to trot her out. 

I sadly think this is exactly what the NFL wanted.  They can now wash their hands of the situation and attempt to look like the good guys.  They let a 3rd party female decide on the outcome and now they can appeal as a sign of “outrage.”

The whole punishment process needs to be re-evaluated.  I know the NFLPA has to fight for their guys no matter what, but I wish the NFL would have given Watson the indefinite suspension like Garret and make him earn his way back. I would love to have seen the NFLPA publicly try to fight back and justify Watson’s actions. 

The whole thing sucks. The end result is that Watson ends up in a better situation, more money, and a free 6 week vacation.  Pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I sadly think this is exactly what the NFL wanted.  They can now wash their hands of the situation and attempt to look like the good guys.  They let a 3rd party female decide on the outcome and now they can appeal as a sign of “outrage.”

The whole punishment process needs to be re-evaluated.  I know the NFLPA has to fight for their guys no matter what, but I wish the NFL would have given Watson the indefinite suspension like Garret and make him earn his way back. I would love to have seen the NFLPA publicly try to fight back and justify Watson’s actions. 

The whole thing sucks. The end result is that Watson ends up in a better situation, more money, and a free 6 week vacation.  Pathetic. 

And the money to pay off all the lawsuits.