Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

6 games seems like a complete joke and you almost expect Goodell and the NFL to stand pat and move on so this story can finally disappear (although it never truly will).

In the end don't rule out karma and a serious injury happening to this scumbag who will not have played a regular season NFL game in almost 2 years by the time he takes the field after this suspension later this year.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Not that any of this matters -- but I hold political and ethical views that are often dismissed and mocked (I am an eccentric, but more or less traditionalist Catholic.) I actually quit my job because my employer was requiring actions I deemed incompatible with my beliefs. I continue to suffer economic hardship because of that action. I'm not opposed to acting upon one's ethical sense of what is right, but there is a point at which one is asking for a degree of purity that is simply not to be discovered in this world. And it's rather insufferable when that demand coincides with implicit contempt for ordinary folk who only wish to continue a fellowship that goes back generations in some cases.

Hey Doc.  The stance you took in your career was brave. I of course concur that purity in our entertainments will never happen..  Scumbaggery and mental illness are not mutually exclusive from talented athletically elite. The names roll off the tongue. We could cherry pick actors,  actresses, musicians you catch my drift.

Im not giving up on movies or music either and I do NOT excuse the scumbags their deeds not one bit.

m

• Thank you (+1) 1

So I read that part of the judgement handed down by Judge Robinson is that Watson is required to get massages only from massage therapists provided by the Cleveland Browns from now on.

Soooo.....his conduct with independent therapists was egregious enough, and provable enough, for the judge to rule that he's not literally not even allowed to see them any more....but it's not bad enough to call for more than a six game suspension?

Nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

So I read that part of the judgement handed down by Judge Robinson is that Watson is required to get massages only from massage therapists provided by the Cleveland Browns from now on.

Soooo.....his conduct with independent therapists was egregious enough, and provable enough, for the judge to rule that he's not literally not even allowed to see them any more....but it's not bad enough to call for more than a six game suspension?

Nonsense.

💯 exactly 

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

6 games seems like a complete joke and you almost expect Goodell and the NFL to stand pat and move on so this story can finally disappear (although it never truly will).

In the end don't rule out karma and a serious injury happening to this scumbag who will not have played a regular season NFL game in almost 2 years by the time he takes the field after this suspension later this year.

the guy has missed 23 games when all is said and done. I imagine this received at least slight consideration 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nonsense.

Part of the issue is that it feel like finding middle ground, but if you're punishing someone for something like this how is it a light sentence, even one case you wouldn't really want someone who does that in the league.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

the guy has missed 23 games when all is said and done. I imagine this received at least slight consideration 

He was paid for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

6 games is an insult.  This is all left in Roger Godell's hands now.  I'll wait to see what he (the voice of the owners) decides.

Lol don’t wait up at night. The league wants profits and Watson being an above average talents QB gives them that. 

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nonsense.

Top Turnbuckle post here

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Based on the recent posturing of the league and of Watson's camp, I had a feeling the reports of a suspension between four and eight games was true. Lo and behold, it is.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand how that judge was able to look at the preponderance of evidence of egregious sexual misconduct -- and in some cases, outright sexual assault -- and decide that six games was sufficient punishment.

I realize that it's not apples to apples, but as others have pointed out, the fact that gambling or smoking pot has gotten players suspended for an entire year, but ejaculating on strangers without their consent gets just a six game punishment, is beyond ridiculous.

Honestly, the worst part is the hypocrisy and moral ickiness of his continued employment: If he was a fringe player -- say, a special teams linebacker or a WR5 -- he'd likely never play in the NFL again. No one would employ him, regardless of league punishment. Instead, because he's a talented quarterback, a team was willing to give him $250 million, and the league is willing to say "her served his time" and move on from it. He'll probably be in ads and NFL promo spots within a few years, like none of this ever happened.

This whole thing was and is and will continue to be super gross. Watson isn't even remorseful, either. Dispicable.

Because the NFL is only looking at 4 cases.  That was the case they brought on.  And apparently from their investigating there was not much evidence.  Robinson can't look at the 24 cases as that was not what was presented.  

Also, what evidence has been shown?  I am not questioning that there is, but I honestly haven't seen anywhere that was presented other than the he said/she said.  All I am saying is that if they can't show evidence, then it is hard to convict/punish someone for something that may or may not have happened.  That is usually what makes these types of cases so hard.  I am not saying it didn't happen as I have no idea, but without DNA evidence, witnesses, or something along those lines, it is extremely hard to prove.   If there is no evidence of him "ejaculating on strangers" then it can't be used in consideration.  If she has the clothing she was wearing with the DNA evidence, then by all means, use it.

Also, the league never said he "served his time."  Robinson isn't the league.  And as far as I can tell, last year wasn't used for the ruling in any way.

I have said this before several times.  Watson sure seems to be a sexual deviant of some kind.  How extreme he is, or how far he is willing to push the envelope, is unknown.  If there is any evidence at all that he assaulted one of these women, he should be in jail and suspended.  But so far, from what I have seen, there hasn't been any evidence presented.  Doesn't mean there isn't, but in these types of cases, you can't just guess or assume.  It's crazy tough on everyone to get this right.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 3