Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

settling is not directly an admission of guilt

No but in the court of public opinion it is. The personal conduct policy does not require any legal action. He committed these acts. There is no doubt that he did. First the grand jury let all these women down, and now he gets away with what almost $200M guaranteed???

Like others gave said I'm outraged and disgusted. I'm thankful he is not on the Bills. However, this situation will not changing my viewing habits of the Bills and the NFL, so I'm just as complicit in this as most fans. 

I will also note, that while most of the commenters here are rightfully harshly judging the Browns, and Watson. However the last I looked OJ Simpsons name is still disgustingly on the Stadiums "Ring of Honor". And their is 100% no doubt he brutally butchered two people to death!! While were worrying about some coerced hand jobs? Watson's garbage, and will be rightfully suspended. But let's get off our high horses here in western NY.    

• Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Admission of liability.... guilt is a criminal law concept. But yes, you are right. 

and liability is a broad word here right? You can settle a lawsuit if you have done nothing wrong but want to avoid the circus of an accusation. I’m not saying it’s the case here but many get these concepts mixed up and it’s a real important baseline to these discussions

Just now, NoSaint said:

and liability is a broad word here right? You can settle a lawsuit if you have done nothing wrong but want to avoid the circus of an accusation. I’m not saying it’s the case here but many get these concepts mixed up and it’s a real important baseline to these discussions

Yea most civil suits are settled absent an admission of liability. 

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No he can try, which will be disputed and result in Watson playing week one, and will lose. Which is why he is not.

He does NOT get final say on indefinite suspensions lmao. We have seen this play out before.

not to mention Watson taking the nfl to federal court and asking for review of evidence against craft, for instance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

not to mention Watson taking the nfl to federal court and asking for review of evidence against craft, for instance.

You just know it would happen. That’s the last thing they want. More public eyes on this. Not that it would probably matter. People used to watch other people kill other people for entertainment. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

settling is not directly an admission of guilt

No but in the court of public opinion it is. The personal conduct policy does not require any legal action. He committed these acts. There is no doubt that he did. First the grand jury let all these women down, and now he gets away with what almost $200M guaranteed???

Like others gave said I'm outraged and disgusted. I'm thankful he is not on the Bills. However, this situation will not changing my viewing habits of the Bills and the NFL, so I'm just as complicit in this as most fans. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

6 games.....Really? 6 games. Calvin Ridley gets a year for "gambling", but Watson gets 6 for being a serial predator? Bruh. 

really-though.gif

Calvin Ridley's actions had a much larger impact on the integrity of the game. Infinitely worse, honestly.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Calvin Ridley's actions had a much larger impact on the integrity of the game. Infinitely worse, honestly.

From a brand tarnishment point of view, absolutely. Would a lot of people stop watching the NFL if they truly found out it was rigged? I know I would. There are times I feel like it is, but have no proof of it. If it was ever proved to be rigged, I’d stop watching tomorrow. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, a stern talking to, wouldn’t want to actually punish the guy for his long term abhorrent behavior…, 

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Unless it was your daughter 

No, it still wouldn’t change the matter. It would still be utterly disgusting and appalling, but individual actions don’t have nearly the ruinous affect that collective rigging would. It would kill the league. 

Yet another example of the NFL looking the other way for talented players. Isn't that the ultimate slap in the face of Kaepernick's legacy? We'll put up with numerous domestic abusers, and a high-profile serial sexual assaulter because he's actually good. But you're the only one that ever got "blackballed."

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

Yet another example of the NFL looking the other way for talented players. Isn't that the ultimate slap in the face of Kaepernick's legacy? We'll put up with numerous domestic abusers, and a high-profile serial sexual assaulter because he's actually good. But you're the only one that ever got "blackballed."

They are a business. They are going to keep doing it until their bottom line is affected.