Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

He's said in the past that he did nothing wrong.  So why is he apologizing, and exactly what is he apologizing for?

Because the team and his legal team are making him 

🤮

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Vomit 1

The “Cleveland against the world” take is a bit odd when it’s a matter of a team defending a serial creeper. No sympathy here. I have to believe that is not a united locker room. 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Watson gets a year he’ll have a hard time getting back into the league. The Browns probably go after his bonus money and release him.

Because it’s the start of him trying to save his career. He’s going to have to apologize repeatedly, show remorse, get treatment, and beg for another chance after this.

Its going to be very hard to get another opportunity. 

They should, but I doubt the Cleveland FO cares.  They knew what this could entail and not only did the deal, but then because Watson wanted nothing to do with Cleveland - they chose to give him the money.

They basically screwed the rest of their team for a year for a sexual predator. My hope is the NFL really hammers him and more things come out and the NFL punishes Cleveland by taking more picks.

Watson should never play in the league again - plain and simple, but he has talent and so will be back.  It sucks and I can only hope going forward every game for him is as bad as the time the women went through that sued him.  

Scum.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 1

Now being reported that the suspension will be at least a year…I think Watson will play again, but he’ll never be the same and will never again be an elite QB…Browns are completely screwed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Now being reported that the suspension will be at least a year…I think Watson will play again, but he’ll never be the same and will never again be an elite QB…Browns are completely screwed.

Got any links with that news, I've only seen the one guy report it this morning but nothing from others.

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

They should, but I doubt the Cleveland FO cares.  They knew what this could entail and not only did the deal, but then because Watson wanted nothing to do with Cleveland - they chose to give him the money.

This is the 2nd biggest factor as to why this will be a disaster.  

Watson was given a list of teams to choose from - and there were 3.  He chose the most guaranteed money. 

Not where he really wants to be (Miami). 

His options pre charges, was probably half the league.

So long as Burrow and a healthy Lamar are in that division, I hope the Browns never see the playoffs as long as Watson is there.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This is the 2nd biggest factor as to why this will be a disaster.  

Watson was given a list of teams to choose from - and there were 3.  He chose the most guaranteed money. 

Not where he really wants to be (Miami). 

His options pre charges, was probably half the league.

So long as Burrow and a healthy Lamar are in that division, I hope the Browns never see the playoffs as long as Watson is there.  

I totally agree - he had ton of options pre charge.

Post charge - with the three teams really competing for him - he eliminated Cleveland as an option.  He did not want to play in the cold.  He met with them, but immediately eliminated them as an option and refused a second meeting - he did not want to go to Cleveland at all.

It was down to 2 teams in Atl and NO - when Cleveland comes back basically nearly doubling his salary and guaranteed it even with the suspension coming.  

It was total desperation from Cleveland to get a QB after he rejected them and it was a money grab by Watson with protections.  I really do not think (and really hope it does not) it will work out - that is not where Watson wanted to go and I do not think he is a good fit for the city.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2