Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Since there were only 4, or 5 maybe,  cases that the NFL investigated, my guess is he could only be asked about those specific ones. 

That makes sense as far as the case before Judge Robinson is concerned but since that Watson has publicly said he believes he has done nothing wrong you would think he would need to come up with some explanation for the 60 masseurs for general PR purposes.  But most likely, they have given up on the public as a lost cause.

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

That makes sense as far as the case before Judge Robinson is concerned but since that Watson has publicly said he believes he has done nothing wrong you would think he would need to come up with some explanation for the 60 masseurs for general PR purposes.  But most likely, they have given up on the public as a lost cause.

And that's what his team is telling him. He apologizes for one, then he's at fault for all of them. 

Saying "I didn't think anything I did was wrong" at least leaves doubt. 

The former admits guilt. 

• Agree 1

The NFL leadership and executives have completely lost the plot allowing a serial sexual predator to step on a field. The whole world knows the truth. 

Ill always watch the bills the NFL but  I won’t be spending any money on gear or tickets again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

From NFL.com

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson on Friday expressed remorse and for the first time publicly apologized to the women he "impacted" after being accused of sexual misconduct during massage sessions.

Watson's "lack of expressed remorse" was cited as an "aggravating" factor in disciplinary officer Susan L. Robinson's report detailing her decision to issue him a six-game suspension for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. Browns team contributor Aditi Kinkhabwala asked Watson prior to the team's preseason opener on Friday what his response was to Robinson's determination that he lacked remorse.

"I want to say that I'm truly sorry to all of the women that I have impacted in this situation," said Watson, who was first accused of sexual misconduct in March 2021. "The decisions that I made in my life that put me in this position I would definitely like to have back, but I want to continue to move forward and grow and learn and show that I am a true person of character and I am going to keep pushing forward."

Watson started Friday's 24-13 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars throwing two incompletions on the opening drive. Watson did not attempt a pass on Cleveland's second drive, which ended with a D'Ernest Johnson fumble.

Watson played one more series and ended his night 1 of 5 for 7 yards. Cleveland failed to earn a first down on all three possessions with Watson under center.

Watson did not talk to reporters after the game.

Friday's start came as Watson, the Browns and the league await a ruling from former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C. Harvey on the NFL's appeal of Watson's six-game suspension. NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported Friday that there have been discussions between the NFL and NFL Players Association about a potential settlement, but nothing is imminent.

Watson, 26, has reached confidential settlements with 23 of the 24 women who filed civil lawsuits against him alleging he committed sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions. Watson has previously denied any illegal behavior and asserted that any sex with the women was consensual. A pair of Texas grand juries in March declined to indict him on criminal charges.

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Indefinite suspension Monday.  

My guess is this chant will follow him from road stadium to road stadium.  

Knowing he would be suspended and knowing he could get hurt, I’m rather surprised Cleveland wouldn’t get someone else ready using those reps.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:11 AM, Scott7975 said:

From NFL.com

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson on Friday expressed remorse and for the first time publicly apologized to the women he "impacted" after being accused of sexual misconduct during massage sessions.

Watson's "lack of expressed remorse" was cited as an "aggravating" factor in disciplinary officer Susan L. Robinson's report detailing her decision to issue him a six-game suspension for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. Browns team contributor Aditi Kinkhabwala asked Watson prior to the team's preseason opener on Friday what his response was to Robinson's determination that he lacked remorse.

"I want to say that I'm truly sorry to all of the women that I have impacted in this situation," said Watson, who was first accused of sexual misconduct in March 2021. "The decisions that I made in my life that put me in this position I would definitely like to have back, but I want to continue to move forward and grow and learn and show that I am a true person of character and I am going to keep pushing forward."

Watson started Friday's 24-13 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars throwing two incompletions on the opening drive. Watson did not attempt a pass on Cleveland's second drive, which ended with a D'Ernest Johnson fumble.

Watson played one more series and ended his night 1 of 5 for 7 yards. Cleveland failed to earn a first down on all three possessions with Watson under center.

Watson did not talk to reporters after the game.

Friday's start came as Watson, the Browns and the league await a ruling from former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C. Harvey on the NFL's appeal of Watson's six-game suspension. NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported Friday that there have been discussions between the NFL and NFL Players Association about a potential settlement, but nothing is imminent.

Watson, 26, has reached confidential settlements with 23 of the 24 women who filed civil lawsuits against him alleging he committed sexual misconduct during massage therapy sessions. Watson has previously denied any illegal behavior and asserted that any sex with the women was consensual. A pair of Texas grand juries in March declined to indict him on criminal charges.

He's said in the past that he did nothing wrong.  So why is he apologizing, and exactly what is he apologizing for?

If Watson gets a year he’ll have a hard time getting back into the league. The Browns probably go after his bonus money and release him.

2 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

He's said in the past that he did nothing wrong.  So why is he apologizing, and exactly what is he apologizing for?

Because it’s the start of him trying to save his career. He’s going to have to apologize repeatedly, show remorse, get treatment, and beg for another chance after this.

Its going to be very hard to get another opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Watson gets a year he’ll have a hard time getting back into the league. The Browns probably go after his bonus money and release him.

Because it’s the start of him trying to save his career. He’s going to have to apologize repeatedly, show remorse, get treatment, and beg for another chance after this.

Cleveland made their bed already and has invested a lot of resources in Watson already. He will be their starter week 1 2023

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Did they make the bonus contingent on being eligible in 2022?

Haslam is an idiot, so I’d be surprised if he folded that into the negotiations.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hopefully, he never takes another regular or post-season snap in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3