Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Then why did browns ownership say he felt remorse? 

See, this is that bull 💩 right here. This guy is handing out $$$ left and right in his best attempt to silence these women before any of the cases go to court. So ALL of the details won't emerge. The Browns ownership says he felt "remorse", but then this crap comes out again. He solicited 66 different women in a 17 month span for "massages". That's basically 4 different women a month. He wants us to believe that this behavior is normal and there were no other intentions except to get a rub down. Riiiiiiight. <_< This is not normal, not even in the slightest. He brought his own towel, or wash cloth, whatever, to these sessions so any "evidence" could be wiped up and taken out the door with him. His lawyer comes onto a radio show and tries to explain how "happy endings" during massages isn't a crime. He paid $5k to a business owner to send women his way, oh, yeah, never mind, it was because he's just a "nice guy". :rolleyes: 20+ women, all with the same types of stories, detailing him committing the same types of behavior. Exposing himself, rubbing his d*ck against them, n*tting on them, having them fondle his bumhole till he was "satisfied", choking his chicken in front of them, trying to lure them into sex, and I'm sure the list goes on. The Texans provided him with NDA paperwork to use during this time. I mean, why is that necessary for a massage session? That doesn't seem suspect at all, no, not in the slightest. This guy is an unrepentant serial predator who believes that his money and fame can shield him from anything. He has no business being the face of a franchise, or in the NFL at all right now imo. All of these clown sports media individuals out here defending him and trying to deflect blame as to why he is under such scrutiny are sickening as well. The Browns deserve whatever shambles their team ends up in due to this situation. Personally, I hope he never sees a field again. Or, if he does make it back to the field, he makes Nate Peterman look like an All Pro. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

and booted Heisman Trophy winning, #1 overall pick for a scumbag pervert after just 4 seasons. Cleveland isn’t deserving of a team.

Even Hollywood couldn't have thought up a series of events as what you describe and what we see unfolding in Cleveland. Ramifications yet undecided.  Film at 11.....Im so glad I have his board to read everyones takes on this. But at the same time the subject matter especially being a female I feel like I need to shower just thinking and reading about it. SMH

just waiting now for the NFL hammer to drop I hope it is a LOUD thud on the gavel and put an end to him playing this season. Make him PAY

not sexually violent really............................@-@

m

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, muppy said:

Even Hollywood couldn't have thought up a series of events as what you describe and what we see unfolding in Cleveland. Ramifications yet undecided.  Film at 11.....Im so glad I have his board to read everyones takes on this. But at the same time the subject matter especially being a female I feel like I need to shower just thinking and reading about it. SMH

just waiting now for the NFL hammer to drop I hope it is a LOUD thud on the gavel and put an end to him playing this season. Make him PAY

not sexually violent really............................@-@

m

In addition to a lengthy time away, I really think they should mandate that he employ a male massage therapist. (I wrote masseur in another post and no one commented, so I'll try it again.)

59 minutes ago, Mango said:

I absolutely loathe Ben. The fact that he remained in the league for so long infuriates  me. I had a soft spot for the Steelers as a fellow rust belt down, and now I can’t stand them. 

He wasn’t a good guy early on in his career. But i have some friends who are pretty close with him, and he did genuinely turn his life around. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

In addition to a lengthy time away, I really think they should mandate that he employ a male massage therapist. (I wrote masseur in another post and no one commented, so I'll try it again.)

can you imagine ANY female feeling comfortable performing massages for this guy? I doubt it highly. So YES, males only period. I imagine Watsons interest in Those services will decline if it isnt with a female 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, muppy said:

can you imagine ANY female feeling comfortable performing massages for this guy? I doubt it highly. So YES, males only period. I imagine Watsons interest in Those services will decline if it isnt with a female 

Don't be so sure of that, considering the types of "massages" he was prone to ask for. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

He wasn’t a good guy early on in his career. But i have some friends who are pretty close with him, and he did genuinely turn his life around. 

Which is fine. Good for him and his family. But it doesn't really change anything. He should have been kicked out of the league. 

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Meanwhile….

Brittany Griner gets nine years for weed in Russia. 

Yes, but it's part of a negotiating ploy so Russia can get a very bad dude back. I believe his affectionate nickname is merchant of death. (Note to privileged Americans -- it doesn't export to the rest of the world, especially places like Russia and China.)

Can we just take a step back and forget about the specific allegations and any debate of their merit?  Instead let’s take a moment to just focus on how both Watson’s camp and the Browns organization has handled this.  Is there a single aspect either could have executed more poorly?

Had Watson take a bit more of a financial hit upfront and settled with all parties and apologized publicly for his actions, this would all be over and he probably wouldn’t have even gotten 6 games.  Also the Browns could have insisted he do so.  Instead every step has been a misstep.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Internet’s got a much longer memory these days bud…this will follow him the rest of his career.

Maybe "forgotten" was an incorrect word choice.  How often do people bring up Kobe's rape accusation....Roethlisberger's?  Mike Vick's Dog abuse?  Adrian Peterson beating his kid?  Ray Lewis' murder accusation?  All these guys continued to prosper in pro sports after the fact.....after prison in fact.  

This is just the flavor of the month and at the end of the day, he was never convicted of anything.  Not saying it's acceptable.  I've seen this before, I'll see it again.  Same result.  

And in some respects, its already happening....new team and contract.  Have you seen the Browns fans already cheering him at TC?

I'm strictly responding to the point some are making (not necessarily here) that his career is over......It's not.

25 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Can we just take a step back and forget about the specific allegations and any debate of their merit?  Instead let’s take a moment to just focus on how both Watson’s camp and the Browns organization has handled this.  Is there a single aspect either could have executed more poorly?

Had Watson take a bit more of a financial hit upfront and settled with all parties and apologized publicly for his actions, this would all be over and he probably wouldn’t have even gotten 6 games.  Also the Browns could have insisted he do so.  Instead every step has been a misstep.

Conversely, I'm impressed that Houston was able to rid itself of this bum while snagging three first-round draft picks in the bargain.  Many (including me) questioned Caserio's handling of the whole Watson mess, but I think they've made the best of what could have been a disastrous situation.  If they can find a QB, the Texans have a very bright future.   

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure why you think the NFL doesn't want to go to court.  The NFL looks great in this situation. 

“your policy states ownership is subject to harsher penalties than players. When you fielded reports about conditions with the redskins organization or viewed video of Robert krafts handjob in a human trafficking/prostitution sting - why were they not punished in line with this young man”

Edited by NoSaint
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Gunvald&#x27;s Husse said:

I agree. Even after his career is finished (today would be nice) when people think of Kobe Bryant I suspect the first thing they will think of will be the whole "sexual predator" thing ... and personally I am all in favour of that.

Does this comment still apply?

28 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Does this comment still apply?

Exactly how many women was he alleged to have assaulted? I am in no way dismissing what he did but you are comparing apples and oranges here

In addition, the exposure of a case in 2033 and one now is completely different - people who would have never heard of the Bryant case (and I am one of them as I am neither in the US nor at all interested in trhe NBA) will most definitely have heard of the Watsaon case. For example, the fact that his 6-game suspension is being appealed was covered in the Guardian in the UK (on the US news page, not the sports page), not exactly a regular coverer of US sports 

Edited by Gunvald's Husse