Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If Watson's going to B word about it anyway and sue, Goodell really has no incentive not to go with the year. Only people that will be upset with a year are Watson and converted Browns fans, might as well go with the year since it'll play better with everyone else.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't understand what indefinite means in this context. He has settled all but one of the cases.

On radio they said The statute of limitations on new criminal cases being filed from the civil cases is March 2023. The league is worried that more criminal cases will come up and wants to keep the suspension open since that would mean he could still be charged. There were accusers who lived in other states/counties from the ones that failed to indict.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yep this is exactly what I expected. The arbitrator decided it is more likely than not that the accusations against Watson are true. The NFL is going to take that decision and run with it. Hard to see how the NFLPA can win this one even if it ends up in federal court.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

NFL to Deshaun:

RadiantDisloyalGalapagosalbatross-max-1m

From what it sounded like was it was a year with the door open for more if more ***** hits the fan.

Beyond more legal trouble, I feel indefinite is needed to hold Watson accountable for owning his mistakes and getting some kind of counseling/treatment.  

1 minute ago, GaryPinC said:

Beyond more legal trouble, I feel indefinite is needed to hold Watson accountable for owning his mistakes and getting some kind of counseling/treatment.  

Agreed because his words show he does not understand that what he did was sexual assault or even disrespectful. And showed zero remorse. That is the biggest issue. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

On radio they said The statue of limitations on new criminal cases being filed from the civil cases is March 2023. The league is worried that more criminal cases will come up and wants to keep the suspension open since that would mean he could still be charged. There were accusers who lived in other states/counties from the ones that failed to indict.

image.png.7b00974786ac480491c53fb90caaad2d.png

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed because his words show he does not understand that what he did was sexual assault or even disrespectful. And showed zero remorse. That is the biggest issue. 

Meh.  So many times the remorse is a rehearsed attempt and really means very little. Even going to treatment/therapy can just be a farce.  He would have to put his money where his mouth is and actually have to do something positive for abuse victims to be sincere about making amends. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe the NFLPA will demand the NFL hold the Haslams responsible also.  Scumbags. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The CBA is very specific and says the Commissioner's (or his delegee's) decision on this appeal is final and binding.  Those provisions were agreed to by the players and owners.  The basis for the suit would be to challenge the CBA itself -- which isn't happening.

Watson isn't suiting up W1.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope that the NFL is aiming for indefinite suspension.

I think the league views growing its female fan base as an important initiative, and recognizes that public opinion is in the corner of a lengthy suspension for Watson.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Probably 9 to 10 games.  Split the difference in what both sides recommended

NFL wants a full year, it's been reported numerous times.  I doubt they are going to split the difference when Goodell is the one making the decision.

Just now, Big Turk said:

NFL wants a full year, it's been reported numerous times.  I doubt they are going to split the difference when Goodell is the one making the decision.

I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale ... you interested?