Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

And the money to pay off all the lawsuits. 

Now, what happens if another dozen or so pop up next week, or next month? THAT, to me, is why this is so tricky. The Browns and the NFL get dragged thru the mud again not knowing if/when it’s finally over. 

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I sadly think this is exactly what the NFL wanted.  They can now wash their hands of the situation and attempt to look like the good guys.  They let a 3rd party female decide on the outcome and now they can appeal as a sign of “outrage.”

The whole punishment process needs to be re-evaluated.  I know the NFLPA has to fight for their guys no matter what, but I wish the NFL would have given Watson the indefinite suspension like Garret and make him earn his way back. I would love to have seen the NFLPA publicly try to fight back and justify Watson’s actions. 

The whole thing sucks. The end result is that Watson ends up in a better situation, more money, and a free 6 week vacation.  Pathetic. 

This process is the result of a “ revaluation “ process of Rodger being judge and executioner. Both parties wanted an outside voice , and I am sure they are incredulous that this outside judge went so light. 

will see if the NFL “ appeals “‘. Appeal essentially meaning the NFL has the right to throw out the decision and impose their own decision based on the findings of the judge. She agreed the NFL proved their case. Just said precedent on suspensions warranted 6 games. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Now, what happens if another dozen or so pop up next week, or next month? THAT, to me, is why this is so tricky. The Browns and the NFL get dragged thru the mud again not knowing if/when it’s finally over. 

I honestly don’t think there will be more unless Watson continues his disgusting behavior. I think anyone that was going to be involved in suits has already done so

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I honestly don’t think there will be more unless Watson continues his disgusting behavior. I think anyone that was going to be involved in suits has already done so

Probably true. Probably. However, now that a price has been set, there is no ruling out some additional women coming forward for their checks. It’s not Ray Rice in a single event, and even that they got wrong when the video came out. How did they set a punishment before knowing of the video? Wouldn’t that be one of the first things they would go looking for? 

I would not be shocked if someone else came forward, because I’m pretty certain these were NOT the only cases of this behavior. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Probably true. Probably. However, now that a price has been set, there is no ruling out some additional women coming forward for their checks. It’s not Ray Rice in a single event, and even that they got wrong when the video came out. How did they set a punishment before knowing of the video? Wouldn’t that be one of the first things they would go looking for? 

I would not be shocked if someone else came forward, because I’m pretty certain these were NOT the only cases of this behavior. 

im sure they aren’t the only people either. He has obviously been like this for a while and it unfortunately will probably still continue because he has a problem 

my guess is the NFL will probably stand by the decision and then make new policy going forward for stiffer punishment if it happens again for any NFL player. 

the thing is it’s human nature to forget. It’s horrible. I don’t think he should ever play again but it’s the way the world works. That’s why companies like sugar, DuPont, mosanto, big tobacco, nestle, sackler family, etc still remain. Still remain wealthy. Never do jail time. Still poison us. People forget. 

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Interesting, but not surprising, that they made a point of including Dee Haslam on that. I’d never heard of her before, but you want support from the female on this one. 

To be fair,  she is pretty involved year round.  But I am sure that having her listed 1st was intentional.

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But I don’t get it then. If you all feel this way, how can you even be posting here and supporting the Bills. The Bills are the NFL. People who continue to support the Bills and hold this view seems severely hypocritical. 

All people are hypocritical, some are notably scummier about their hypocrisy…,

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Using the word “ triggered”. Are you chitin me? Where is there PR head? What an awful to use in this situation. 

Triggered? Man , I know this guy a hell of a businessman, but holy hell he is troglodyte. 

It tells you all you need to know about the Haslams

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It tells you all you need to know about the Haslams

scumbags probably think signing a settlement check is showing remorse because he hasn’t shown any. To show remorse you first have to show that you realize what you did was wrong. Watkins hasn’t even shown that. 

It will get increased once the league takes the temperature over the next three days.  They’ll see what the climate is saying and the PA gets to say we accept the punishment.

How much do you want to bet this will be anything from 8 to 17 games.  He looks like a hardwars and the league wins.

• Like (+1) 3

On Nov 20 I want the Bills to have the NFL's 2nd ever perfect game and beat the Browns 69-0 and Watson has a season ending injury and then gets pelted by no less than 20 billdos on the way off the field in the golf cart. Karma. The end!

89539d973a2a42e1.png?crop=4:3&width=560

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Depends on your moral standards I guess. Soliciting massages from 66 different women and having 24 file sexual assault claims is pretty bad on the league imo, regardless of how many he settled out of court. 

Not even close to fixing games.

51 minutes ago, eball said:

Given the language in Robinson's decision, Roger can now lay the hammer down.  I won't be surprised one bit if this becomes a full 1-year suspension.

If he goes from 6 to 17, the NFLPA will sue. Owners getting nothing and Watson gets 17? Also, I can't imagine the 1st case by the neutral judge getting almost tripled.

I think it'll stay at 6 with a hefty fine attached. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

To be fair,  she is pretty involved year round.  But I am sure that having her listed 1st was intentional.

She never had a problem with her husband ripping off truckers for decades to make the 2 of them rich.  She's a scumbag as well---of course she wants her new QB out there earning all that  money money that are paying ASAP.  

46 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not even close to fixing games.

He didn't even bet on his own team. It's not fixing games. The perversions and assaults of Watson however, how he was enabled by the Texans, and how the league has handled it has been a complete 💩 show. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

'Some additional women coming forward for their checks?'

1 hour ago, eball said:

Given the language in Robinson's decision, Roger can now lay the hammer down.  I won't be surprised one bit if this becomes a full 1-year suspension.

Not sure it will be a year, but Robinson certainly opened the door for Goodell with her own language in the ruling. 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

On Nov 20 I want the Bills to have the NFL's 2nd ever perfect game and beat the Browns 69-0 and Watson has a season career ending injury and then gets pelted by no less than 20 billdos on the way off the field in the golf cart. Karma. The end!

89539d973a2a42e1.png?crop=4:3&width=560

FTFY.

• Like (+1) 1