Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The stipulation should have been all future massages have to be at the facility by a certified MALE masseuse. If he is caught going elsewhere then he is kicked out of the league indefinitely

If he did assault these women then he's not gonna just suddenly stop his behavior he'll just try to keep it hidden and frankly I could see some future incident ending with some tragic outcome. If something does occur I just hope the tragic portion is some woman gives him the Bobbitt special massage to his groin area. That would be a fitting end to his predatory ways.  They could shove it up his ass for that deep massage action he asks for.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Yet another example of the NFL looking the other way for talented players. Isn't that the ultimate slap in the face of Kaepernick's legacy? We'll put up with numerous domestic abusers, and a high-profile serial sexual assaulter because he's actually good. But you're the only one that ever got "blackballed."

image.thumb.png.8721a07c2e1530b04301f225f9e16743.pngimage.thumb.png.960c6be2d3e9c121ab7004bf448868a8.png

2 hours ago, DJB said:

24 complaints of harassment NFL gives you 6 games. 

Bet on the NFL or smoke weed and gone for a year.

Makes no sense at all

Not sure specifically which cases you’re referring to, but if there was indisputable proof of substance abuse or betting it may have been easier to make a decision on discipline. 
in this case, the grand jury didn’t find enough evidence to pursue prosecution. It sounds like more of a case of “he said she said”.  
I think the NFL was behind the eight ball trying to be fair.
It’s more than likely that Watson acted inappropriately and possibly criminally, but without indisputable proof, how could the mediator or Goodell give a more severe punishment? 
As it is, they’re basically saying all signs point to Watson doing something that puts a stain on their brand. Here’s your slap on the wrist. Don’t do it again. 

Side note: i’ve yet to understand why Watson is portrayed as one of the greatest quarterbacks of the century, or at least among current starters.  I can easily think of AT LEAST 8-10

QBs I’d take over Watson. 

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Does this ruling matter?

Goodell has final say, and one thing about Goodell, he wants everyone to know who is in power.

I see him doubling this ruling, 12 games.

again, landing him in court answering questions about Kraft, etc… 

nope - not likely happening 

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Modern day gladiators. Been saying it for years. People watched other people fight to the death for entertainment. This subjective morality hand gesturing is funny, but nothing new. 

You're highjacking the entire thread to repeat simplistic moralizing. In a global, corporate world, there are countless situations where one is obliged to accept acting where sometimes grave evils are involved. Every time you buy a product from China, you're likely implicated in slave labor and at minimum, you support the economy of a regime with a terrible human rights record. Do you check that all the products you purchase have no connection to China? It's not even possible in some cases, because the supply chain for many products is dependent on outside sources. Every time one discovers an athelete who is criminal, acts badly towards women or children, etc., is one obliged to disown watching the sport? What level of purity is necessary for you to condone someone still caring about a team they may have been rooting for and following for decades? In this imperfect world, ethics is always messy, but taking away a source of communal bonding and sometimes joy for the sake of signaling superior moral integrity is bombastic LAMP reiterated over and over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Are there any employers outside of the entertainment industry that have "suspensions" or "fines" for employees for personal conduct outside of work..  Don't they just typical fire people or stay out of it? 

I know two people who were employed by the federal government who were suspended and eventually terminated for personal conduct outside of work.  Granted, they were law enforcement officers, but the conduct was not egregious.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You're highjacking the entire thread to repeat simplistic moralizing. In a global, corporate world, there are countless situations where one is obliged to accept acting where sometimes grave evils are involved. Every time you buy a product from China, you're likely implicated in slave labor and at minimum, you support the economy of a regime with a terrible human rights record. Do you check that all the products you purchase have no connection to China? It's not even possible in some cases, because the supply chain for many products is dependent on outside sources. Every time one discovers an athelete who is criminal, acts badly towards women or children, etc., is one obliged to disown watching the sport? What level of purity is necessary for you to condone someone still caring about a team they may have been rooting for and following for decades? In this imperfect world, ethics is always messy, but taking away a source of communal bonding and sometimes joy for the sake of signaling superior moral integrity is bombastic LAMP reiterated over and over.

Yes, I will go out of my way to boycott anything made in China that I know of. But it’s hard to be 100%, but the important part is that we try. Like I said, it all depends on everyone’s tolerance level and moral acceptance level. But to be outraged and still financially supporting the product you are mad about is fairly funny. Sorry if it makes people feel uncomfortable as it shines a light on the sickness, but most of us have it. 

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I would be extremely surprised that the NFL will appeal. Why hiring a 3rd party judge to oversee the decision if you were wanting to do the year? Why even bring in a judge if you aren’t going to follow the judgement? Such a waste of theatrics. 

I can see a scenario where the NFL hired the 3rd pary judge, then appealed their decision to "show" the public just how tough they are with sexual deviants.  "The fair and impartial judge said to give a 6-game suspension, but we think it should be even higher.  See how tough we are?"

5 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

I can see a scenario where the NFL hired the 3rd pary judge, then appealed their decision to "show" the public just how tough they are with sexual deviants.  "The fair and impartial judge said to give a 6-game suspension, but we think it should be even higher.  See how tough we are?"

Again, like others have said, I doubt it goes anywhere. The NFL purposely did this to wash their hands of this. They don’t want this going down the Kraft did this, blah blah blah road. They will likely stick to the judges ruling. 

7 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Trevor Bauer got a 324 game Major League Baseball suspension for non-criminal sexual assault allegations. Watson got 6 games for 3- women's non-criminal allegations. Bauer's suspension will cost him over $60 million. Watson's will cost him only $300k of his $230 mil guaranteed salary

The NFL doesn’t view this as affecting their bottom line enough to warrant such a suspension. If they did, you can bet the outcome would have been much different. They want Watson throwing footballs this year because it sells tickets and viewership. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes, I will go out of my way to boycott anything made in China that I know of. But it’s hard to be 100%, but the important part is that we try. Like I said, it all depends on everyone’s tolerance level and moral acceptance level. But to be outraged and still financially supporting the product you are mad about is fairly funny. Sorry if it makes people feel uncomfortable as it shines a light on the sickness, but most of us have it. 

Alright, so, for the record, are you going to continue to participate in a message board that at least indirectly increases interest in and support for the NFL insofar as caring about a team in the league will ultimately redound to some aspect of economic well-being for the corporate entity? Will you buy any product with the Buffalo Bills on it? A cap, a scarf, a bumper sticker? What level of contamination is possible according to your personal kosher laws?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Again, like others have said, I doubt it goes anywhere. The NFL purposely did this to wash their hands of this. They don’t want this going down the Kraft did this, blah blah blah road. They will likely stick to the judges ruling. 

Certainly possible, and maybe even probable.  I can just envision a scenario where they want to look tough.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Alright, so, for the record, are you going to continue to participate in a message board that at least indirectly increases interest in and support for the NFL insofar as caring about a team in the league will ultimately redound to some aspect of economic well-being for the corporate entity? Will you buy any product with the Buffalo Bills on it? A cap, a scarf, a bumper sticker? What level of contamination is possible according to your personal kosher laws?

I’ve already stated I have the football disease. I will be fully watching and supporting the NFL inspite of being appalled. Just trying to let everyone know that they have it too.