Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The faux outrage while still shouting go Bills is delicious. I’m here for it. It’s ok guys, embrace the sickness. 

I am outraged.

I can show that outrage by not watching games that Watson plays in. I have heard of Browns fans who are finding other teams to root for.

Likewise, I do not punish all of my children because one of them was bad.

Would you punish the whole family if only one misbehaved?

• Thank you (+1) 2

Im out of touch on the legal processes, but could the NFL appeal and keep the case in limbo for another year through the courts so Watson couldnt play?  Trying to think if there were any appeals processes that would create a situation where Watson couldnt play while the appeal was active.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

This is what I was referring to on the failed settlement talks 

Might be the best thing for the NFL that he didnt settle - let's them try to appeal with the whole book thrown at him instead of a settlement that would leave no one happy.

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Because condemnation without physical action is complicity. We don’t want to admit it, but it is. We all have levels of tolerance and acceptance. The Bills are part of the NFL. People hate the “NFL” for this, but it won’t change because financially the NFL doesn’t get hurt by it. What motivation does the NFL have for change if it doesn’t get hit in the wallet? Behaviors don’t change unless people demand it. NFL only knows one thing, and that’s money. 

Again, this was a recommendation by the independent judge. If anyone hates the nfl for this at this stage of the game they can save the anger for if they don’t appeal. The nfl was fighting for more and may continue to do so. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean, just don’t generalize. Many people have real disgust over the situation but it’s about Watson and his punishment. Doesn’t mean they won’t  watch the Bills or nfl. Maybe someone said that? But I doubt that’s a widespread opinion. 

I think ironmaiden wants it to be a more widespread opinion though....to punish the NFL where they care. in their pocketbooks. 

Meh I hate this whole dramatic mess I will be curious as to how it all ends up.

blech

Just now, Cray51 said:

Im out of touch on the legal processes, but could the NFL appeal and keep the case in limbo for another year through the courts so Watson couldnt play?  Trying to think if there were any appeals processes that would create a situation where Watson couldnt play while the appeal was active.

No. They have 3 days to appeal. Not sure the exact timetable for Goodell to then take a final decision but he can't string it out forever. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

15 min of playing time missed for every assault.  Unbelievably low. 

Nice message sent. You can assault four women and only lose one game check and none of your signing bonus. Unreal.

Josh Gordon lost multiple seasons for alcohol. 

At this point they would be better off having no personal conduct policy. They can't seem to ever get it right. 

Goodell should at least double it to force the union to defend this scum of a person. 

15 minutes for every alleged assault.  Clearly prosecutors are having problems with the allegations because so far they've declined to press charges.  

I'm not trying to defend the indefensible.  I have daughters and despise sexual predators.  If even one allegation is true, I want to see Watson do jail time.  And if I had to guess, I'd guess that at least one of the allegations is true.  But there's got to be some issues with the testimony because neither the legal system nor the NFL is coming down hard on Watson.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I think ironmaiden wants it to be a more widespread opinion though....to punish the NFL where they care. in their pocketbooks. 

Meh I hate this whole dramatic mess I will be curious as to how it all ends up.

blech

Because sadly Muppy, that’s the only things these businesses care about. Watson won’t be the last case, there will be tons more players with issues and the NFL will just slap wrists because financially they have no reason to change their behavior. That’s all I’m saying. People can be outraged etc etc, but it won’t matter if said outraged fans still financially support the NFL through one of their revenue streams, ie the Bills. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Goodell will add 3 more games, to make it more than half the season. Seems about right. All but one of the complainants have settled (Likely costing Watson $millions). If their satisfied, who are we to judge? He's coming back at some point no matter what. Watson will live with this stain forever. He already has the contract. Folks will undoubtedly let their feelings be known at the stadiums, and in the streets. He's not going to EVER get an endorsement deal. Time to move on.       

32 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Ahhh why isn’t Goodell putting Watson behind bars??!!!

Oh, because he can’t.

Ahhh why isn’t Goodell banning Watson for life???!!!!

Oh, because he can’t.

Noooo Goodell sucks you don’t get it!!!!!!!!!!111!1!1!1!1!

Goodell can certainly suspend him indefinitely.  We don't know what he will do yet.