Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't feel outraged.  I'm simply disgusted.  I'm just not disgusted to the point of it affecting my viewing/attendance habits.  Those are personal/individual decisions we all choose (or don't choose) to make.

I can't even figure myself out.  The Mets once re-signed Jose Reyes (wife beater) and I never skipped a beat watching them.  But when news came out that Alex Rodriguez was trying to buy the Mets, I was fully prepared to jump ship if that had gone through.

We've all got our own limits and thresholds.  

And to your point ... the NFL knows damn well that the miniscule number of fans who may boycott the NFL won't even come close to being felt.

It’s why all this hot air is moot. It doesn’t matter what the public thinks about this. Scummy or not, it’s the modern day gladiators. It’s a sickness a lot of us possess. I’m not going to deny it, it’s why I personally don’t care about the ruling. I just want football. 
It’s a deep seated human trait to low key not feel outraged to the point of morally boycotting a product or service we psychologically enjoy. It’s straight up complicity to not turn the other way while rooting for a team or business despite knowing the inner workings, but I’ve already personally accepted that. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Absolutely freakin disgusting.

Gruden pushed out over a freakin email 10+ years ago..Bauer 2 years suspension…Ridley a year ban for a $1500 sports wager.

I wonder why he only got 6 games…

WAKE UP AMERICA

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, McBean said:

Absolutely freakin disgusting.

Gruden pushed out over a freakin email 10+ years ago..Bauer 2 years suspension…Ridley a year ban for a $1500 sports wager.

I wonder why he only got 6 games…

WAKE UP AMERICA

The Rare Alex Jones/Roger Goodell crossover I never knew I needed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Ahhh why isn’t Goodell putting Watson behind bars??!!!

Oh, because he can’t.

Ahhh why isn’t Goodell banning Watson for life???!!!!

Oh, because he can’t.

Noooo Goodell sucks you don’t get it!!!!!!!!!!111!1!1!1!1!

lol shut up, nerd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Disgusting.

Maybe the NFL can have each team wear a victim's name on the back of their helmets? There's almost a victim to go around for every team.

Clearly sexual violence against women is not all that big of a deal to some.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LeviF said:

"Nonviolent sexual conduct." But also "egregious." So this implies that there is wrongful sexual conduct that does not involve violence or the threat thereof. Interesting.

And this from a female judge. WOW!

Just now, Beast said:

Disgusting.

Maybe the NFL can have each team wear a victim's name on the back of their helmets? There's almost a victim to go around for every team.

Clearly sexual violence against women is not all that big of a deal to some.

No no no can’t do that!!

Doesn’t fit the agenda boss.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

The Rare Alex Jones/Roger Goodell crossover I never knew I needed.

Be sure you baaaaaa like a sheep.

Also, hit that ignore button my man next to my profile if you don’t like it.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I know this isn't the NFL's decision, but I can't imagine they're happy with "nonviolent sexual conduct" being the key takeaway from the ruling. What a disturbing choice of words.

I honestly think the Judges choice of verbage there was very telling . Its very legalese, dismissive of women and at the very least lacks empathy with those alleged* victims in this case.

IF NFL decides to lengthen the suspension well I'd be for that. I'd Really like if it costs watson more in his pocketbook than what I read earlier. It seems he is getting off on the cheap. imo. He's getting off CHEAP rat **&^^^&

He'll eventually be back in the nfl that seems a near lock. Yeah whatever I so glad Im a Bills fan and not have grown up near Cleveland...what a  ****show franchise I feel badly for their true fans.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, McBean said:

No no no can’t do that!!

Doesn’t fit the agenda boss.

Be sure you baaaaaa like a sheep.

Also, hit that ignore button my man next to my profile if you don’t like it.

And miss your next “Wake Up Sheeple” post?

Perish the thought. 

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why? because he’s a serial predator? 

I read that “he must get all his massage therapy from club therapists” in Sean Connery’s voice from the SNL Jeopardy skit…and felt much better about the resolution..

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The faux outrage while still shouting go Bills is delicious. I’m here for it. It’s ok guys, embrace the sickness. 

Lol guys like Warren Sharp are wringing their hands about how little Watson was punished, and circling his return date as must-see TV.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I read that “he must get all his massage therapy from club therapists” in Sean Connery’s voice from the SNL Jeopardy skit…and felt much better about the resolution..

I originally thought that tweet was from the onion 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Lol guys like Warren Sharp are ringing their hands about how little Watson was punished, and circling his return date as must-see TV.

Modern day gladiators. Been saying it for years. People watched other people fight to the death for entertainment. This subjective morality hand gesturing is funny, but nothing new.