Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I can be disgusted with an organization/business and not personally ban them.  I am displeased with the actions of companies like Home Depot and Hobby Lobby, but I'll still shop there (Home Depot give veterans 10% off).  If that makes me a hypocrite, then so be it.  I don't give a rat's ass.  I'm not calling for a boycott, here.  I'm just saying that the NFL is scummy and protects some of the worst people society has to offer.

I get it, I feel this way too. But at the end of the day, feeling like an institution is scummy means nothing if we don’t financially punish said institution. The unwanted behavior will just continue. It is hypocritical, I’m guilty of it, we all are. But I’m not going to pretend to act all outraged about it if I’m not prepared to personally boycott it otherwise it’s just hot air. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The NFL will claim they tried for a full year but the judge made the decision. 

I wouldn't be that surprised if the NFL decides to Not appeal and wash their hands of the entire mess.

Scummy indeed.  For me personally I will scoff when I read about this guy.  6 game suspension 12 games whatever. It doesn't change what I and many people believe he did. To root for such a guy, under any circumstances?

PFFT Yeah Right. that would be Never tyvm 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean sure, we can all hold Watsons actions were disgusting. But looking the other way and still supporting the Bills and thus the NFL perpetuates the notions that deep down, nobody truly cares. 

i think people can care and disagree without completely bailing on the product.  watson is garbage.   i'm not letting his actions or how the nfl handles it completely ruin the experience for me.  i had a friend completely stop watching the nfl over the anthem issue of the last couple of years.  doesn't make any sense to me at all.  am i surprised about the short punishment for watson?  yes, but i'm not so outraged i'm not watching the bills this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, teef said:

i think people can care and disagree without completely bailing on the product.  watson is garbage.   i'm not letting his actions or how the nfl handles it completely ruin the experience for me.  i had a friend completely stop watching the nfl over the anthem issue of the last couple of years.  doesn't make any sense to me at all.  am i surprised about the short punishment for watson?  yes, but i'm not so outraged i'm not watching the bills this year.

I couldn’t boycott it either, I have the utmost respect for anyone that can boycott a product for whatever stance. That takes guts and true personal conviction, and is the only way to make change. Nothing happens if people or businesses aren’t hit in the wallet. Maybe it’s just my opinion, but I feel anything short of a boycott and it’s complicity. We pretend it’s not, but it is. 

Just now, FireChans said:

Is Warren Sharp insinuating Sue Robinson doesn’t care about sexual misconduct?

Repeating this non-salient point over and over doesn't make you sound any smarter.

Just now, aristocrat said:

Holy cow "Non violent sexual conduct"...THAT  is the kind of verbage that is going to P O women. How about YOU be violated and say that. grrrrrrr

so you want to hear an opinion of a woman? What a crock of BS ......SMH

• Agree 1