Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

It doesn’t matter what the public thinks. The NFL made that clear when they hired the judge. If the NFL cared about public opinion, they would have acted independently. I would be extremely shocked if they appeal the decisions after going through all this. 

They can’t act independently according to the CBA. Well they couldn’t until now. Goodell’s decision here if the nfl appeals is the final one. He rules on it.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

We're on the same page, Joe.  I've been saying from day one that the NFL should ban this sexual predator for life.  But they never intended to even suspend him for a season.  This is why I say they're scummy.  They've been protecting killers, woman abusers and sexual predators for decades.  Scum.

But I don’t get it then. If you all feel this way, how can you even be posting here and supporting the Bills. The Bills are the NFL. People who continue to support the Bills and hold this view seems severely hypocritical. 

• Disagree 3

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

"Nonviolent sexual conduct." But also "egregious." So this implies that there is wrongful sexual conduct that does not involve violence or the threat thereof. Interesting.

Bro if there was violent sexual conduct he would have been criminally charged. Have you been following along the last two years?

Edited by FireChans
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But I don’t get it then. If you all feel this way, how can you even be posting here and supporting the Bills. The Bills are the NFL. People who continue to support the Bills and hold this view seems severely hypocritical. 

i don't think fan are willing to let one lousy ruling ruin their entire nfl experience.  you can be completely against the discipline handed out and still support the bills.  you're being too black and white again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We're on the same page, Joe.  I've been saying from day one that the NFL should ban this sexual predator for life.  But they never intended to even suspend him for a season.  This is why I say they're scummy.  They've been protecting killers, woman abusers and sexual predators for decades.  Scum.

OK I'm following now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Bro if there was violent sexual conduct he would have been criminally charged. Have you been following along the last two years?

I'm not your bro, *****.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I can be disgusted with an organization/business and not personally ban them.  I am displeased with the actions of companies like Home Depot and Hobby Lobby, but I'll still shop there (Home Depot give veterans 10% off).  If that makes me a hypocrite, then so be it.  I don't give a rat's ass.  I'm not calling for a boycott, here.  I'm just saying that the NFL is scummy and protects some of the worst people society has to offer.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

i don't think fan are willing to let one lousy ruling ruin their entire nfl experience.  you can be completely against the discipline handed out and still support the bills.  you're being too black and white again.

I mean sure, we can all hold Watsons actions were disgusting. But looking the other way and still supporting the Bills and thus the NFL perpetuates the notions that deep down, nobody truly cares.