Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why?

Optics.

This whole thing has been a sham from the get-go and it was going to be Goodell's decision all along.

The NFL is scummy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

This gets parroted a lot and I don't get it. You don't need to be charged with a crime for your employer to fire or suspend you. 

Of course not, but it’s a business and the NFL has clearly already crunched the numbers. They know they will not lose much money compared to what Watson will generate. If they truly thought this would affect the bottom line, he would be banned from the league. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Optics.

This whole thing has been a sham from the get-go and it was going to be Goodell's decision all along.

The NFL is scummy.

Everyone says this, and yet here we all are. Until people turn off the set and stop buying tickets and merch, it means nothing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Optics.

The NFL is scummy.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

This guy shouldn't see the field this year.

Dirtbag of dirtbags.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So the “NFL is scummy” employer of dirt bags. This is a shared sentiment right? But GO Bills!? Lol 

Every employer has the chance to employ dirtbags. It's part of the human experience.

It's what you DO when the dirtbags show themselves to be dirtbags that matters.

This Sue L. Robinson went easy on the dirtbag.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I would be extremely surprised that the NFL will appeal. Why hiring a 3rd party judge to oversee the decision if you were wanting to do the year? Why even bring in a judge if you aren’t going to follow the judgement? Such a waste of theatrics. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Every employer has the chance to employ dirtbags. It's part of the human experience.

It's what you DO when the dirtbags show themselves to be dirtbags that matters.

This Sue L. Robinson went easy on the dirtbag.

It doesn’t matter what the public thinks. The NFL made that clear when they hired the judge. If the NFL cared about public opinion, they would have acted independently. I would be extremely shocked if they appeal the decisions after going through all this. 

1 minute ago, DJB said:

"Nonviolent sexual conduct." But also "egregious." So this implies that there is wrongful sexual conduct that does not involve violence or the threat thereof. Interesting.

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

This guy shouldn't see the field this year.

Dirtbag of dirtbags.

We're on the same page, Joe.  I've been saying from day one that the NFL should ban this sexual predator for life.  But they never intended to even suspend him for a season.  This is why I say they're scummy.  They've been protecting killers, woman abusers and sexual predators for decades.  Scum.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Are there any employers outside of the entertainment industry that have "suspensions" or "fines" for employees for personal conduct outside of work..  Don't they just typical fire people or stay out of it? 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I would be extremely surprised that the NFL will appeal. Why hiring a 3rd party judge to oversee the decision if you were wanting to do the year? Why even bring in a judge if you aren’t going to follow the judgement? Such a waste of theatrics. 

They didn’t hire the 3rd party judge just for this case. It’s the new disciplinary process that was negotiated by the nflpa into to the last CBA.