Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson

What I think it does do though is set a pretty clear benchmark. Despite what Florio speculates I would be shocked if Goodell in the first big test of his new process that he has trumpeted as a great solution scraps the punishment and imposes say a full season. I can see the NFL appealing and Goodell increasing the suspension (possibly as far as doubling it) but I'd be surprised if he goes beyond that to be honest. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What I think it does do though is set a pretty clear benchmark. Despite what Florio speculates I would be shocked if Goodell in the first big test of his new process that he has trumpeted as a great solution scraps the punishment and imposes say a full season. I can see the NFL appealing and Goodell increasing the suspension (possibly as far as doubling it) but I'd be surprised if he goes beyond that to be honest. 

If the report of the failed settlement talks are true the nfl wants 12 games

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Considering there isn’t any legal hurdles, not sure what more people want. If people are that upset at the ruling, stop supporting the NFL financially. 

This gets parroted a lot and I don't get it. You don't need to be charged with a crime for your employer to fire or suspend you. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3