Week 2 of Camp - updates and talking points (OL??)

GunnerBill

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It could come down to who can maroon the great Tavon Austin on their own private island. :beer:

I think it also will depend on whether Besne can flip some assets that are on the border of making the team.  It's a perk of having a Hc/Dc that can coach up a secondary.  And when there's talent that will be cut you can trade it for some draft picks and also help a deserving player get paid what he deserves if it's out of the Bills budget.  If they assist in finding a trade that the player finds acceptable in destination and contract terms  then those quality players may return on friendly deals like both Phillips and Lawson did this year. They aren't long term deals so they know they have to play well to make the team.  

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Your granddad was a Nazi?   Interesting.

He was never a Party member if that’s what you mean. Like his father and father’s father before him, he was a career German soldier (combat engineers) who also served in the post war Bundeswehr when that was formed in the 50’s. The Americans and British thoroughly vetted him fwiw prior to being admitted to that service. He also became a US citizen in the late 70’s after emigrating here. Ironically his best friends late in life were US military veterans of his same generation—they got on famously and were dear family friends. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He was never a Party member if that’s what you mean. Like his father and father’s father before him, he was a career German soldier (combat engineers) who also served in the post war Bundeswehr when that was formed in the 50’s. The Americans and British thoroughly vetted him fwiw prior to being admitted to that service. He also became a US citizen in the late 70’s after emigrating here. Ironically his best friends late in life were US military veterans of his same generation—they got on famously and were dear family friends. 

My great grandparents spoke only German.  My grandfather was born soon after they arrived here and 17 years later he fought for the US against their homeland.   He married a woman in Germany but she refused to leave Germany and he wasn't going to stay behind so she and his son stayed in Germany.    Any day now I am expecting to inherit a brewery from long lost relatives.

MV5BZTBjNmZmZjgtYTM4OS00OTI4LTkyNGEtZjU3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/4/2022 at 3:17 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

My great grandparents spoke only German.  My grandfather was born soon after they arrived here and 17 years later he fought for the US against their homeland.   He married a woman in Germany but she refused to leave Germany and he wasn't going to stay behind so she and his son stayed in Germany.    Any day now I am expecting to inherit a brewery from long lost relatives.

MV5BZTBjNmZmZjgtYTM4OS00OTI4LTkyNGEtZjU3

If you need a friendly European to go and take possession.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.