Thad Brown throws Cover 1 under the bus for practice videos

YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean when you're in the same division as Bill Belichick I think it's safe to assume there already is a "fan" recording things.

I thought the same thing War.  He’s had a plant at Bills, and Dolphins camps for years.  Not the Jets as a waste of resources. 🤪🦬🏋️

Moon, agreed.  Just give them creds and they have to shut up.  I don’t think they are showing anything that would be that damaging.  The real install starts in their private practices after camp.

Ow it’s simply about finding the 53. That’s it.  Installs come much later.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

Cover 1 is great.  I feel fortunate that we, as a fan base, have a team of content creators who put out good programming year-round.  Especially once the season gets rolling, I enjoy the way their shows provide a certain structure to each week.  And while the C1 guys are obviously fans, they aren't homers and don't just blow sunshine up everyone's ###.  

I know NFL teams are paranoid and I certainly don't doubt that McDermott in particular is tightly-wound, but not so sure that the Bills have a big issue with Cover 1.  These guys have got be great for building fan engagement.  The Bills are a money-making business, after all.  C1 gives them a fountain of free, semi-professional marketing.    

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Ok, ok, ok, I see now.

This Thad guy is a doucher 

19 hours ago, Boris12 said:

He is actually a Jets fan

Not all douchers are JEST fans but all JEST fans are douchers.

How do you know he is a JEST fan?

If so sounds like that reporter (Rodent? Rodac?) who was a ESPN reporter who was Pat(hetic) fan and took sour lessons from Jerry Sullivan.

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Not all douchers are JEST fans but all JEST fans are douchers.

How do you know he is a JEST fan?

If so sounds like that reporter (Rodent? Rodac?) who was a ESPN reporter who was Pat(hetic) fan and took sour lessons from Jerry Sullivan.

Because he said he was

Cover1 "a fan site". Lol...several of the guys have been paid and are/ were pros. Erik was on staff for the Athletic. 

Don't know if it's funnier than a so called media guy , a professed reporter and journalist, bragging about how he's not reporting  accurately and how he's in the pocket of the company he's paid to report on. 

What's more authentic? 

I know I tune into Cover1 after every game. Love those guys opinion and analysis. Hope the best for these guys...keep it up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Don't know if it's funnier than a so called media guy , a professed reporter and journalist, bragging about how he's not reporting  accurately and how he's in the pocket of the company he's paid to report on. 

You’re unintentionally misrepresenting what is happening.

Credentialed reporters are not allowed to do certain things. Such as take videos, post formations, talk about plays, etc. They are barred from doing so. He has no choice. 

9 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

What's more authentic? 

Good question.

I advise people to take all reporters with a grain of salt. Cover 1 included. Outside of their segments with players, we have no idea if what they are telling us (as far as breakdowns) is true. We have no idea if they are reading formations correctly, coverages correctly, reads correctly, etc.

Eric Wood said it’s impossible for even professional evaluators like PFF to judge plays - so how can Cover 1?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

but. 

that was fake. 

I thought it was too but after reflection two things made me think it was real.  Chris Rock isn't that good of an actor.  Will Smith wouldn't purposefully ruin his squeaky clean image and future high paying movie roles.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Thad is kind of being criticized in the wrong way. His frustration is probably all of these media orgs cannot do what Cover 1 is which limits analysis and coverage they can do, yet Cover 1 because of their status and not being credentialed has free reign. The issue is more with the Bills and circumstance then Cover 1 who is superb in their coverage.

The Bills are going to end up needing to decide whether Cover 1 becomes a credentialed member which would take away video OR basically say stop filming or your out. If I was a member of the media I would be annoyed if basically a similar media org could basically get away with film and coverage that your not able to. Again not a shot at Cover 1 who is superb, the situation itself is the actual issue with how two entities are being treated.

• Agree 1

Why is there always one ahole in Bills media?

If it's not Sullivan, it's Graham. If it's not Graham, it's Rodak. If it's not Rodak, it's Thad.

Always gotta be that one guy who thinks he's going to increase his views by being an edgy douche. I guess it has worked plenty before, so I kinda get it. But it's not great for longevity.

Bills are being silly. It's not just a camp issue, i. e. Bills saying we don't allow folks in but are willing to let you have a sneak peak. Bills do not want even Cover1 to break down game film, let alone camp formations / personal groups.

I say silly because this is stuff open to public etc...video available to public. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.