Thad Brown throws Cover 1 under the bus for practice videos

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Hey, not like I’m inciting violence here. I’m talking about making an obvious troll very uncomfortable around these parts. He is only here to cover our team…not like I’m talking about running off a guy is who has roots here or any other reason for being around. And I’m not talking about harassing with threats or anything…just us constantly letting him know he is a douchebag, his coverage sucks and we dont like him here. Makes sense from the most die hard fanbase in sports!

You are inciting aggression and potential violence towards an American citizen, there are lots of stupid people out there mind your words friend 

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think Thad is jealous that Cover1 does a better job of team coverage than him.  Maybe other beat reporters feel that way too.  Greg knows salary cap management better than most any NFL full time professional reporter/host/writer.  Eric can break down film better than most of them too.  The comment about it being a fan site seems to be an attempt to belittle their content.  

Thad's probably jealous that there are no jets fans that cover the jets the way Cover1 covers the Bills. I'd like to think that every fanbase wishes they had Cover1 for there team. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cray51 said:

I’ll be interested in how the Bills handle this.  Cover1 has in my opinion the best coverage on the details of the game.  Thad as a media guy posts tweets with his opinions, and asks some basic questions, but I don’t think his football knowledge is greater than what is shown through a Cover1 breakdown or podcast.

id like to see the bills embrace Cover1 and credential them to put some heat under the rest of the media

If they do get credentialed they won't be able to post the same detail anymore and you'll see a very similar product to the other media outlets.  

Just now, Captain Caveman said:

If they do get credentialed they won't be able to post the same detail anymore and you'll see a very similar product to the other media outlets.  

Cover1 has been doing this for several years now. If the Pagula's wanted them to stop, they would have had him stop several years ago.

5 minutes ago, costrovs said:

Cover1 has been doing this for several years now. If the Pagula's wanted them to stop, they would have had him stop several years ago.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to what I posted? I'm answering someone who said they wish Cover1 received credentials to improve the coverage of other local media. I was saying if they do get credentialed they'll have to follow the same practice rules as the other media (negatively impacting Cover1's coverage rather than improving anyone else's coverage.)

Although maybe you're right (if this is what you're saying?) - if the Pegulas wanted to restrict Cover1, the easiest way to do it would be to give them media credentials.  

Edited by Captain Caveman

25 minutes ago, costrovs said:

Thad's probably jealous that there are no jets fans that cover the jets the way Cover1 covers the Bills. I'd like to think that every fanbase wishes they had Cover1 for there team. 

If only the Jets had some fans video taping their training camp, we might not have to worry about them so much every year.

41 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are inciting aggression and potential violence towards an American citizen, there are lots of stupid people out there mind your words friend 

ok so what if he wasn’t an American citizen? Odd you throw that in there. Anyway man take a chill pill…it’s not that serious. Nothing wrong with aggression towards trolls and douchebags either. I’m not with coddling asshats. If I see Thad and the setting is right, I’ll exercise my right as an American citizen (see what I did there?) and let him know just how I feel about em with my right to free speech. Then I’ll start a contest in the Bills Mafia FB group….$1000 to the person with the most likes to an anti Thad Brown comment under his tweets and posts. It’s all really in the name of entertainment. He is a guy I’m may grow to love to hate 😁 Hope you can still sleep tonight after hearing about my plans 😙

Edited by StHustle
  • Haha (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I'm not sure how that's relevant to what I posted? I'm answering someone who said they wish Cover1 received credentials to improve the coverage of other local media. I was saying if they do get credentialed they'll have to follow the same practice rules as the other media (negatively impacting Cover1's coverage rather than improving anyone else's coverage.)

Although maybe you're right (if this is what you're saying?) - if the Pegulas wanted to restrict Cover1, the easiest way to do it would be to give them media credentials.  

I'm agreeing with you. and yes, that is what I'm saying. Either that or kick them off the property. 

But I'd like to think that the Bills might be embracing what Cover1 does, since they have neither given them credentials, or kicked them off the property.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If only the Jets had some fans video taping their training camp, we might not have to worry about them so much every year.

Who's worried about the jets? I'm certainly not, and I'm pretty sure the Bills aren't either.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Every single playbook in the NFL is the same plays. They have some variance and different terminologies, but the Pats* arent learning anything by watching cover one breakdowns that Belicheat hasnt seen over a 50 year coaching career. Teams put that out because they want to control the narrative. 

Don't be so sure. 95% of it yeah Belicheat and co don't learn much. But that extra 5% is why they would watch it. Even when they do all the work themselves, 95% is going through the motion to have the basics down and find that extra 5%.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently the media isn’t allowed to put video out there (or at least most of it) but since cover 1 isn’t credentialed media, they can do what they want and have a big following. Seems this could lead to the bills intervening but not sure what they can do. 

Thad is a *****.

Maybe they credential Cover1?

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I love Cover 1. Kendall and Ant are great people.

I love cover 1 as well.  Ants delivery annoys me, can’t listen to him anymore.  Although I did listen to Mckenzie’s interview tonight.  Love me some lil dirty 

Edited by NewEra

If anything this tweet from Thad comes off as  jealously.  

Since he is credentialed media he has to follow rules and protocols for everything from what details he can reveal about practice to putting in formal requests with the team for interviews.  He likely has to mind his P’s and Q’s so as not to have any Sullivan-like hot takes that would piss off the team.  He has to follow these rules, because if he loses his credentials for his station he likely loses his job.  

On top of this, there’s limitations of his coverage to the 10 minutes or so he gets for the sports segment on the news.

An outlet like Cover 1 has complete freedom to say and do whatever they want.  Yes they don’t get credentialed, but they can cover the team with open practice access, all 22 game footage and now player interviews.  

So Thad seems to be upset that he has to jump through the hoops set up by Bills PR, and it’s really not that big of an advantage 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Cover 1 doesn't need press credentials to get far superior content out there compared to what Thad Brown, a serious Bills sycophant, produces.

lol... "so how's it feel to be back at Fisher?"...."does it feel like football once the pads go on?"

feel that burn!  He's

on a list of who to seek info from. Thad ain’t one of them 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.