Thad Brown throws Cover 1 under the bus for practice videos

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Hot Take Alert: Thad Brown is a tool

I agree with you on Cover 1. They do really good breakdowns, and actually know how to give relevant stat info without being drowned in numbers by offering context. Are they everyone's cup of tea? No 

But look, it's 2022. They are doing nothing other than commenting on what is open to the general public while most practice and meetings is behind closed doors. Cover 1 even offers the disclaimer that they are making guesses based off of trends.

It just bothers Brown because he's a shill. 

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Lots of football fans out there that fall asleep when hearing about Xs and Os. Also they're really aiming for the younger generation Bills Mafia kind of vibe. But it's smart, and that's more than can be said for tools like Thad Brown. That's not a hot take, that's exactly what he is. Football coverage for squares. 

Personally I think Eric is fantastic and the other guy he had on for the QB breakdowns in 2020 was excellent, I think he's on WGR still. Since then there's just too many guys and I have no clue who they are. 

But the vibe on Cover 1 is fresh and not tired and skeptical like Schopp and the like. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, ToGoGo said:

Also they're really aiming for the younger generation Bills Mafia kind of vibe.

OMG 😆 

Is Bills Mafia for Millennials only?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol Thad Brown getting his ass kicked.  This is good stuff.

Thads jelly 

Eric (is it?) is jelly 

If the credentialed media has to follow the rules. 

maybe the guy who wants to be credentialed should prove he can follow the medias rules. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

OMG 😆 

Is Bills Mafia for Millennials only?

Thads jelly 

Eric (is it?) is jelly 

If the credentialed media has to follow the rules. 

maybe the guy who wants to be credentialed should prove he can follow the medias rules. 

Cover 1 doesn't need press credentials to get far superior content out there compared to what Thad Brown, a serious Bills sycophant, produces.

lol... "so how's it feel to be back at Fisher?"...."does it feel like football once the pads go on?"

feel that burn!  He's

1 hour ago, Boris12 said:

He is actually a Jets fan

That’s the same thing right?

Thad provides the sort of sports coverage thats great for killing time during the weekend or on a break.  I'm sure he's got a ton of insider knowledge, he just cant share it with us or he'll lose his access. 

Cover 1 is great for explaining how the game of football works from the Bills PoV.  Some of the guys in their podcast network are lame, but that's what the next button is for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Mannnnn…I’m starting to feel like the Mafia should run Thad Brown out of town! We should troll him non stop and heckle him when any Mafian sees him in public. My dislike for that guy is starting to turn into pure hatred 😡

If you're starting to feel that way, then maybe a good time to remind yourself that this is all centered around a game people play for fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, StHustle said:

Mannnnn…I’m starting to feel like the Mafia should run Thad Brown out of town! We should troll him non stop and heckle him when any Mafian sees him in public. My dislike for that guy is starting to turn into pure hatred 😡

Sounds like your emotions have run amok, just because you don’t like the guy doesn’t mean you get to harass him endlessly, that’s the same as giving some other group the okay to harass you endlessly, see how that works? 

that and a good deal of their content, (those three guys who spend hours repeating each other’s comments) it’s not Eric’s crew, but the two guys and the teenager, they never get to any point, and just talk in circles, man they are a boring trio, can’t watch those three, but Cover one’s main crew do a good job most of the time.  Joe Marino does a good Pod show as well, 

Go Bills!!! 

I think Thad is jealous that Cover1 does a better job of team coverage than him.  Maybe other beat reporters feel that way too.  Greg knows salary cap management better than most any NFL full time professional reporter/host/writer.  Eric can break down film better than most of them too.  The comment about it being a fan site seems to be an attempt to belittle their content.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If you're starting to feel that way, then maybe a good time to remind yourself that this is all centered around a game people play for fun.

Yeah well people also play it for money and it’s their livelihood.

Like many die hards, I take my Bills seriously. I like good ol fun trash talk between fans…but this Jets fan is getting paid to cover our team and is clearly very methodical in his approach to trolling. Now he is attempting to snitch on our best fan run media team, as if the Bills don’t already know about them and what they do. Thad Brown is a true grade A douchebag, and well yeah, I hate douchebags.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Sounds like your emotions have run amok, just because you don’t like the guy doesn’t mean you get to harass him endlessly, that’s the same as giving some other group the okay to harass you endlessly, see how that works? 

that and a good deal of their content, (those three guys who spend hours repeating each other’s comments) it’s not Eric’s crew, but the two guys and the teenager, they never get to any point, and just talk in circles, man they are a boring trio, can’t watch those three, but Cover one’s main crew do a good job most of the time.  Joe Marino does a good Pod show as well, 

Go Bills!!! 

Hey, not like I’m inciting violence here. I’m talking about making an obvious troll very uncomfortable around these parts. He is only here to cover our team…not like I’m talking about running off a guy is who has roots here or any other reason for being around. And I’m not talking about harassing with threats or anything…just us constantly letting him know he is a douchebag, his coverage sucks and we dont like him here. Makes sense from the most die hard fanbase in sports!

• Like (+1) 1

Every single playbook in the NFL is the same plays. They have some variance and different terminologies, but the Pats* arent learning anything by watching cover one breakdowns that Belicheat hasnt seen over a 50 year coaching career. Teams put that out because they want to control the narrative. 

See: Tua, Miami

Thad is mad he can't get an interview with Mitch Morse breaking down film

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Lots of football fans out there that fall asleep when hearing about Xs and Os. Also they're really aiming for the younger generation Bills Mafia kind of vibe. But it's smart, and that's more than can be said for tools like Thad Brown. That's not a hot take, that's exactly what he is. Football coverage for squares. 

no, thad brown is much cooler and everyone knows it. those other guys with all their x's and o's are cornering the square market. p.s. to repeat, thad is the opposite of a tool -- he could be huge on tik-tok if he wanted. he's everyone's cup of tea.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

no, thad brown is much cooler and everyone knows it. those other guys with all their x's and o's are cornering the square market. p.s. to repeat, thad is the opposite of a tool -- he could be huge on tik-tok if he wanted. he's everyone's cup of tea.

OK, Thad. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Personally I think Eric is fantastic and the other guy he had on for the QB breakdowns in 2020 was excellent, I think he's on WGR still. Since then there's just too many guys and I have no clue who they are. 

But the vibe on Cover 1 is fresh and not tired and skeptical like Schopp and the like. 

I think they're a good mix of the extremely dry Circling the Herd and what our good friend Shaw66 does at Rockpile Report.

I know I'm in the target demo of a millennial who likes analytics as one tools of many but I've read probably hundreds of fluff pieces that come out at this time of year through the drought. We know when we are being put on and when someone is trying to actually offer some insight. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.