Thad Brown throws Cover 1 under the bus for practice videos

YoloinOhio

Apparently the media isn’t allowed to put video out there (or at least most of it) but since cover 1 isn’t credentialed media, they can do what they want and have a big following. Seems this could lead to the bills intervening but not sure what they can do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently the media isn’t allowed to put video out there (or at least most of it) but since cover 1 isn’t credentialed media, they can do what they want and have a big following. Seems this could lead to the bills intervening but not sure what they can do. 

They could ban them from the property if they really felt like it. Easiest way to make them stop would have been to give them the media credential they asked for.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I suppose they don’t really mind the videos right now. When they start installing real plays, or game planning for an opponent, they will close practice. 

Although I am sure the Rams are keeping a close watch on the punter Hangtime battle.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I suppose they don’t really mind the videos right now. When they start installing real plays, or game planning for an opponent, they will close practice. 

I have to think that if the team cares they'd be able to contact them and tell them to cut it out or get kicked from camp.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll be interested in how the Bills handle this.  Cover1 has in my opinion the best coverage on the details of the game.  Thad as a media guy posts tweets with his opinions, and asks some basic questions, but I don’t think his football knowledge is greater than what is shown through a Cover1 breakdown or podcast.

id like to see the bills embrace Cover1 and credential them to put some heat under the rest of the media

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

This is good for Cover 1. They need more attention. They're the best sports coverage in Buffalo and it's not remotely close. 

Time for a meteor to take out the dinosaurs at WGR and the local stations. 

Yup Cover1 is the best Bills coverage hands down. Guys like Thad Brown are unwatchable. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

This is good for Cover 1. They need more attention. They're the best sports coverage in Buffalo and it's not remotely close. 

Time for a meteor to take out the dinosaurs at WGR and the local stations. 

Hot Take Alert: Thad Brown is a tool

I agree with you on Cover 1. They do really good breakdowns, and actually know how to give relevant stat info without being drowned in numbers by offering context. Are they everyone's cup of tea? No 

But look, it's 2022. They are doing nothing other than commenting on what is open to the general public while most practice and meetings is behind closed doors. Cover 1 even offers the disclaimer that they are making guesses based off of trends.

It just bothers Brown because he's a shill. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If the Bills really wanted to prevent people from posting video from practices to Youtube they should just play copyrighted music and practice naked so the videos would get removed.

It's especially bad because the video in question is literally with Isiah McKenzie, a member of the Bills roster.

If the team is dead set against this I can't imagine a player fighting for a roster spot taking a chance like that

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I have to think that if the team cares they'd be able to contact them and tell them to cut it out or get kicked from camp.

here it is

It’s ironic how being repeatedly denied credentials ends up a blessing in disguise when we can discuss what we see (even without video).

Cover 1 is still jelly he can’t be

credentialed!!!!

And now I can sit back and 

This Is Good Popcorn GIF by REYKON

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.